• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It seems way too short, Rome.

you know what
i wasn't even paying attention to the length of the jacket
because i was so focused on the shoulder and chest area
you guys are right
i will need to throw it on again and look at the length

deandbn

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

you know what
i wasn't even paying attention to the length of the jacket
because i was so focused on the shoulder and chest area
you guys are right
i will need to throw it on again and look at the length

No you won't need to throw it on again, rather throw it away forever. It looks terrible. :nodding:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A members' reception and viewing at the Metropolitan Museum of Art this evening - "The Steins Collect" (i.e., Gertrude, Leo, and Michael).

Suit and braces - New & Lingwood
Shirt - Ike Behar
Tie - Charvet
Cufflinks - Niletti Creations, NYC
PS - no-name brand
Shoes - C & J
Overcoat - BB
Scarf - Fortnum & Mason
Hat - Selentino

IMGP1762457x1280.jpg

IMGP1761458x1280.jpg

IMGP1763651x1280.jpg

IMGP17571146x1280.jpg

IMGP1759851x1280.jpg

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
extraordinary tie and nice jacket Anden, but not too sure about the pairing for obvious reasons- love the challis-style square too

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

And now for a question about suspenders:
I've owned these Thurston suspenders for a couple of years now and only just recently discovered that they show through my suit jacket.
Braces-8.jpg

Braces2.jpg
I own several pairs of Brooks Brothers suspenders that don't do this because the yoke on them is located much lower, where it tucks into the small of my back.
Is the high yoke a British thing, or did I just get a pair of ill-fitting suspenders?

I own several pairs of Brooks Brothers suspenders that don't do this because the yoke on them is located much lower, where it tucks into the small of my back.
Is the high yoke a British thing, or did I just get a pair of ill-fitting suspenders?
I don't know how tall you are, but I had the same problem.
You will have to either shorten the elastic bit and/or move the trouserbuttons down, which is what SH did on mine.
:bigstar:[/quote]

I have the same color Thurston ones, however the back is much, much shorter. Maybe it has to do with the size? I got XL ones because I am tall and I don't really wear my trousers at belly button level. Maybe get the button placement on your trousers closer to the front center so they lay down better at the back.

Anden

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. The tie and SC are similar but when I stood in front of the mirror I decided to go for it. Maybe I shouldn´t.
The thing that made me wear it was the complimentary colors.

Pliny. Also glad you like the PS. It is made of vintage (1940's-1950's) silk that a friends now 90 years old mother kept in her fabric room. I got enough for a PS. It has hand rolled edges - made my me.

• Kappelan
    "Good work"
  • clarinetplayer

"Really like the tie and the rich green sweater. Thinking that the tie and SC are too matchy matchy"

extraordinary tie and nice jacket Anden, but not too sure about the pairing for obvious reasons- love the challis-style square too

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shirt: Taylor & Stitch
Tie: Brooks Bros
PS: Polo

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Napoli Tuesday :
Kiton 13.2 micron suit
Finamore black label shirt
Cesare Attolini untipped tie
Rubinacci "Victory" square
(DC Lewis "Matthew" dubmonks)
9711bfbd.jpg

27e81461.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads