• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blue Monday. (With a little white and chestnut mixed in for contrast.)

Leaning-77.jpg

Closeup-142.jpg

There's a light blue edge on that Kent Wang PS up there ^.

Feet-81.jpg

And now for a question about suspenders:

I've owned these Thurston suspenders for a couple of years now and only just recently discovered that they show through my suit jacket.

Braces-8.jpg

Braces2.jpg

I own several pairs of Brooks Brothers suspenders that don't do this because the yoke on them is located much lower, where it tucks into the small of my back.

Is the high yoke a British thing, or did I just get a pair of ill-fitting suspenders?

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can't tell when you're serious. Mirrors confuse some people.

Artigas

Reaction score

^ How do you know?

From having that unfortunately large chunk of trouser between the hem of my raincoat (or even up into the opening of its quarters) and the tops of my boots exposed to rain. Especially brutal on a bicycle. :cloud:

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New shoes

It's dark and raining outside so this was the best light I could get up top today I'm afraid

Details -

Suit: Same ol Herringbone Dark Blue
Shirt: Cottonwork blue
Tie: Henry Carter Neckwear green dot
Shoes: Carmina Robert last brown captoe

Artigas

Reaction score
Threadbearer: It seems like the lower edge of the shoulder straps was left too long, so it bunches up there, while the upper edge is shorter and lies flat along your back. That, or the angle at which they leave the yoke. Or some combination thereof. :eh: Maybe if you tightened them the bulge would disappear.

Last edited:

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I attended a relative's funeral over the weekend. Nothing fancy here.... black suit, black tie, black shoes, and white shirt. I normally don't like doing two-tone, but family member and relatives, as well as close friends of the deceased, were expected to wear formal, straight forward funeral attire.

I think SF members overestimate the level to which the general public is attuned to clothes. I attended a funeral last week and beforehand agonized over whether I should wear a plain white ps or not one at all. When I got there, I realized that by not wearing sneakers or a fleece and refraining from chewing gum all through the Mass, I was the most elegant gentleman in attendance. This was not a trashy family by any stretch, BTW. :embar:

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think SF members overestimate the level to which the general public is attuned to clothes. I attended a funeral last week and beforehand agonized over whether I should wear a plain white ps or not one at all. When I got there, I realized that by not wearing sneakers or a fleece and refraining from chewing gum all through the Mass, I was the most elegant gentleman in attendance. This was not a trashy family by any stretch, BTW. :embar:

I'd wear the pocket square knowing that I shouldn't.

jrocker

Reaction score
what did you all think of mine? It took awhile to show up and I think you missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads