HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TM79

TM79 Senior member

I agree that the mirror "selfies" (I hope this word falls off a cliff and dies a Wile E. Coyote style death one day) are usually bad. Between mirrors that may not be clean, distance, angle, not being in a natural pose because you're taking a picture ... yeah, no ... I don't care for them.

So I think unless you can get a proper full shot taken you're better off doing something like what Sotiris usually does and have a series of close ups that give you a full view overall.

2. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

[​IMG]

i keed i keed. i know you arent mad.

like i said, indeed it would be nice, but its not always possible for one reason or another.

3. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

Probably the angle as I do prefer my sleeves on the shorter side than most

HSM = Hart Schaffner Marx

STITCHY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

4. TM79

TM79 Senior member

Haha... great timing.

5. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

LOL as I just read this page. Not to sound noobish but I never really posted full fit pics, usually it was just sock/trouser/shoe so trying to get that down and thats the easiest way. Again causes distortion of fit and color. It will keep coming that way guys so get used to it on my end lol

6. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

If one can take full fit pictures that still show all of the details of the shirt / tie / jacket combination, that is great. Not everyone can do this. There are specific threads for fit critiques as well if people are looking for this kind of feedback. Often seeing different color combinations is a lot more useful than seeing perfectly fitting jackets and trousers. It's never occurred to me that someone would wear sweatpants with an odd jacket and tie fit, so I guess I just assume that they know how to wear pants if they do not post a full fit picture.

7. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

That's very kind of you, but you need only go back to my early days on the forum to find something objectionable. And, really, you didn't dislike my hat challenge outfit? That would make you one of the few!
    Stitchy and Elio addressed most (maybe all) of this, but as the person whose pic was directly above your lament, I'll give it a go. If I'm wearing something new, I'll make an effort to post a full-length picture. Fit feedback is impossible without it. That said, almost everything I wear these days has been seen in multiple combinations, and I'd be very surprised if anything I wear hasn't been included in a full-length picture at some point. If I'm wearing a suit, the shot of the chest gives the essence of what I'm wearing. I might throw in a shot of the shoes. With an odd-jacket fit, I generally get a shot of up and down, and try to get the jacket in the shot of the pants for context. Finally, there are basically four places I can take a full-length shot: My living room, my backyard, a particular spot in the garage at work, or in the office if the rest of my team isn't around. Both home spots are contingent upon having a few minutes to spare before getting the kids out the door to school. The spot in the garage is right by the doors to the elevator, and I'm not keen on having everyone watch me take self-portraits. Also, even with my pretty dialed-in setups, getting a good shot is harder than just holding up the phone in front of me. tl;dr: I feel you, but mostly ain't nobody got time for all that.

8. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

kylerton's vest isn't too short; her pants don't come up high enough. A long vest is a terrible thing. It will never lie properly if it comes down too far below the natural waist (as in waist coat). If you want to wear the vest, I think it's imperative that you recognize the function and geometry of the garment.

9. macjedi

macjedi Senior member

I'm guilty … I'd love to post full fit pics and get some feedback, but it's easier said than done right now. For me, the biggest issue is lighting. I hope to figure out an easy and cost effective way to do it … I'm not ready to rearrange the furniture and invest a lot into taking better selfies just yet :)

10. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

go outside for natural light. not so costly.

get married so your wife can take the pics. very costly.

11. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.