• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcar0550

Reaction score
Hey all,

So I've been reading the forum for about a week now and felt that it was about time that I participate. I always thought of myself as a competent dresser, however, its always nice to get some external opinions since there's always something more to learn. Anyways, here is what I am wearing today at work. Please let me know what you all think.

Last edited:

Kappelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is it possible to see a full shot of the coat? It looks great in these pics and its very well put together overall. The socks are not really my taste but thats personal preference. 

Thanks for your feedback. Have no good full shot photo just something like this

Graf v. Faber-Castell pen?

No it is just Parker )

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So I've been reading the forum for about a week now

hey welcome - i'd suggest you read more ... a lot more.

There is lots of good feedback, advise and pictures here that would help you become a better dresser - and a week is too little time to even begin to scratch the surface. Replacing those shoes would be a good start. They are not a good look. Hope you keep learning, hope you keep posting.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey all, 

So I've been reading the forum for about a week now and felt that it was about time that I participate.  I always thought of myself as a competent dresser, however, its always nice to get some external opinions since there's always something more to learn.  Anyways, here is what I am wearing today at work. Please let me know what you all think.

welcome to SF

it's going to be a long bumpy ride for you
better brace yourself

pcar0550

Reaction score
LOL, It's funny you mention the shoes. I am actually in the process of purchasing some oxfords since all I own are drivers and loafers. I appreciate your input as the reason for me posting is that I would really like to get my dress from eh to AH! Apart from the shoes... tie, shirt and suit selection? any critique?

As far as for how long I've been reading on here, you are probably right.... BUT... reading can only do so much good. I figured it was best to jump in head first and see how flame marsupialant my suit really is! :p

Last edited:

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have not posted in a while, not like I create much discussion and I am a poor grad student relying on my macbook camera and clearance sales but...here we go. Comments on fit and coordination are appreciated. Shirt is a lavender check with black lines. Sweater is royal purple. Pants are standard light grey flannel (howard yount) and AE Boston black monks. Shirt sleeves got lost in the knit for some reason, no problem when I wear it without the sweater. I need pocket squares :( FWIW I am 26 and have been dressing more responsibly for only about a year.

Photo on 2011-12-19 at 13.51 #3 by citan1145, on Flickr

Photo on 2011-12-19 at 12.37 #2 by citan1145, on Flickr

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
oldog/oldtrix: What kind of tie is that? It looks like some sort of fuzzy wool. Am I mis-seeing that?

Fuzzy cashmere/silk (75/25) in a herringbone weave:

9zXPy.jpg

Thanks! Very nice.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

MrKaizen

Reaction score

when do you ever get sunlight in england? i thought you guys lived in perpetual fog over there

Fog in England is rare today.

watch.jpg

wore my red burberry tie to my cousin's wedding today
it's a great tie... but a little too bold and overpowering
should have worn a plain white or blue shirt here, i think
charcoal suit
black captoe with medallion broguing
and yes, i am slowly replacing my shirts for more spread collars
(such as this one)
but it's difficult to just overhaul my entire wardrobe in one fell swoop

More details about the watch, please

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

...Good stuff, Rob. What's the countdown on the beard? One week to go?

Thx man, I think I'm starting to get cold feet...

At this point, someone needs to get a pool started on the day that NYR's chin will reappear. I suggest that everyone send a PM to acridsheep with their wager (Pantherella or better) and expected date of NYR's chin pic. :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads