HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deedee

Deedee Senior member

Thanks. Looks great. I especially like the length. For me this is the way to go.

2. Citan1145

Citan1145 Senior member

Thanks for the comments Acrid and EFV, means alot to hear the fit on the SC is good as I had to size up to a 40r at BB instead of my usual 39. I know it is a small difference but i felt it was too big on me, glad to hear it can work. Should I get a bit more waist suppression? Fits me fine in the chest and shoulders I think. Any other comments are welcome, definitely here to learn and will not be defensive.

-Adam

3. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

:confused:

[​IMG]

4. davesmith

davesmith Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

And the winner of the internet today is....

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Love everything except the shoes.

Thanks everyone, for your comments today! I will have to resist wearing these shoes every day. Man do I love them.

6. anginaprinzmetal

anginaprinzmetal Senior member

this is badass... :slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer:

7. CDHagg

CDHagg Senior member

1. Jacket shoulders look too big. You could have a (skilled) tailor fix that, but it would be expensive (upwards of $100 I'm sure).
    2. Get a pocket square. Even if it is just a conservative plain white linen square, it will make you look much more sharp. Check out thetiebar.com for something cheap.
    3. Invest in some high quality oxfords shoes, as the ones you have really detract.
    4. I'd suggest a Windsor knot rather than a 4IH knot.
    5. Wear more colorful socks if that is acceptable at your office.
    6. If you want more and better critiques, take full-length photos with a better camera so that the SFers can help you with the fit and suggest possible alterations.

I'm pretty much a newb myself, but I think most SFers would agree with most of what I've just said. Keep in mind that SF is not friendly to newbs, and that your status as newb is pretty much determined by your post count (there isn't much else to go off of).

Welcome to Style Forum. Hope you can last. [​IMG]

8. CDHagg

CDHagg Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gentlemen, are these gloves too big? Wouldn't want a Spoo repeat on my hands (pun intended). [​IMG]

Portolano, rabbit fur lined leather gloves.

9. anginaprinzmetal

anginaprinzmetal Senior member

^ if you have to ask...
    they are fucking huge !!!!!! by the way what's wrong w/ your hands they look plasticy

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  10. CDHagg

CDHagg Senior member

It's the flash.

jk, my hands are actually plastic. [​IMG]

11. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I'd have to respectfully disagree with 2, 4 and 5 I'm afraid. A pocket square is not the be all and end all for lifting an outfit. I've noticed many new guys on here suggesting this lately and I think in the real world it's not true. 95% of people either look uncomfortable with them in, can't fold them properly or can't pair them properly (or all 3). There are a few guys on here that do it very well though, but they are a minority. I agree that white is a good start though if you must. I'm on a non pocket square run at the moment for one reason or another.

A windsor know would be the worst knot possible with this collar, which is a fairly standard point collar. Even if it was cutaway i'd still only suggest a half windsor due to the huge knot size of most windsor knots. Personally I wear a standard four in hand all the time, even with spread/cutaway collars.

Colourful socks are another one that 95% can't pull off for the same reasons as pocket squares including me. Again there are some guy here (Spoo for example) that do it quite well, but he also wears alligator shoes and gets away with it. I tend to wear navy blue socks with almost everything save for some grey shades and a few pair of coloured but dark Pantherellas (moss green, wine etc).

I'd like to think I am reasonably friendly to the newbs so I hope the above is useful to both the OP and yourself.

12. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

OK I thought it was a one time occurrence but dude, no one wants a super close up shot of your nostrils flaring wide open. WTF?

13. CDHagg

CDHagg Senior member

Points taken... I suppose I'd just like to see him jump in and try, because that's how you learn. That, at least, is what I am trying to do-experiment with different types of knots, pocket squares, and socks, because eventually I should be able to get it right.

Yes, quite useful information! [​IMG] By the way, what does "OP" stand for?

14. Jamesgatz

Jamesgatz Senior member

Is that a bespoke overcoat? Wouldn't dare to wear it myself, but it looks great.

15. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

No worries. OP = original poster. It is a good thing you are trying different things to find out what works for you. Just don't get in your head too much that brighter or flashier is better, more often than not, it isnt. I think it's in fact much harder to dress conservatively and be noticed because everything has to be really good, and the details spot on from fit, colours, quality etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.