1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

If you mean the last pair, I think cuz it's got the kind of toe shape meant for a dress shoe and it's all kinds of fucked on a sneaker sole?

2nd last pair is unbelievable, I can't believe anyone would pay any kind of money to put that on

Last pair (if it didn't have a thalidomide toebox) looks exactly like a pair of Ben Sherman sneakers I bought on sale for about 50 bucks circa 2005 when I thought that was a "nice" brand

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  2. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

that entire spoiler looks like an abomination.

1 person likes this.
  3. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

I don't wear sneakers often and I don't care to be super baller with sneakers. So far I have white and black CP achilles, can you guys recommend another shoe so I can have 3 in my sneaker rotation.

Thanks

For those of you that answered my annoying questions regarding CP's (VLSI, and anyone else) thanks! They are a HUGE step above chucks, now I have a shit ton of chucks to donate.

4. wurm

wurm Senior member

Not sure exactly what you wear, but Ann D lows could probably fit in most wardrobes. I'm sure you've considered GATs (most suck anyway). White or black Raf Vandals if you can get your hands on a pair might also be an option.

5. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

ann ds are nice, but definitely not worth the price. i wouldn't mind having a few pairs if i could kop them at the right price, though :foo:

6. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

WTF I thought people really liked MMM GAT's and considered them to be really comfortable. :paranoia:

7. wurm

wurm Senior member

They are really comfortable and the normal version is good but most of the variations that come out are hideous.

Yeah, it was really tough for me to justify spending $300+ (which was a 'good price') on glorified converse but I found it justified in the end. I really dislike JPs and feel like these fixed everything I hated about them. As evidenced by my sig I'm looking for another pair, too. For most people it's probably not worth it, though.

8. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

he's talking about the colorways

9. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

oh so you just don't like the colors they come out with, I thought you meant the quality was suboptimal.

10. ExAngel

ExAngel Senior member

i actually think ann d's are pretty underrated. they look subtle and inconspicuous, but that sole is so chunky, the materials are really nice shoe has a nice weight to it. If you like CP's, you can't go wrong with balenciaga resille's as long as you find a solid / consistent colorway. lanvins are really comfortable too, but, again, a subtle consistent colorway is the only way to go. if you wanna go real baller you can grab a pair of hermes.. they have a few variations.. some are pretty subtle but the materials are gorgeous.

11. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

ann ds aren't underrated. they're just not worth 800+ dollars at retail. in a better world where markups aren't so ridiculous, i'd probably be willing to pay around 250-350 for them.

12. ExAngel

ExAngel Senior member

I mean underrated in the sense that they don't really go further than the SZ or Ann devotees, but I agree, they're def not worth more than $500. then again few shoes are. They do usually get down there in price though.. i believe last barneys sale they had plenty in stock in all sizes at around $250 and even that didn't really move too many people.

13. Nebulosa

Nebulosa Member

ann ds are glorious. As ExAngel mentioned they are really sublime in a subtle way(love the chunky sole). You can easily score a couple pairs(low tops $300ish or below, high-tops $400ish) during sales. But I do agree the price is way too inflated. Not so long ago (pre 07) they were retailed for $500ish..... I understand production cost has skyrocketed, but still, price nowadays has gone wayyyy too out of hands.....

14. MS007

MS007 Senior member

[​IMG]

9 people like this.
  15. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

16. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

I actually a pair of Ann Ds (lacquered leather) and I quite like them..I agree with your price range, $300-400 sounds about right.

[​IMG][​IMG]

17. the shah

the shah Senior member

i dunno, i doubt i'm either of those and yet i wear them easily ... agree with nahneun abt price

18. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

I think he just meant that you don't see 'em in waywt too often.

19. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

20. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member