• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soletrane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like the Filson repair stitching - it really individualizes the bag as does the overall signs of use.

Speaking of Filson briefcases I noticed on a recent business trip how popular the Filson briefcases were particularly the 256 and the 24 hour bag - both at the airports and the conference. I guess it makes a stylish but still utilitarian option to black nylon bags. I didn't see anyone with the Filson duffle or Pullmans - I assume people - even those with Filson briefcases - still prefer modern spinners and rollers and then just plop the relatively heavy Filson briefcase on top.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems any film with a need for a duffel bag chooses Filson. I'm always calling it out as my family rolls their eyes.
I did the same when I saw City of Angels for the 100th time, I pointed it to my brother. I can't believe I missed it before (then again It wasn't that long ago where I knew nothing about Filson)

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@OtterMeanGreen:

Large duffle and rolling carry-on appears briefly in Gossip Girl (don't ask...;-)

In a more manly vein- early in the movie Interstellar Matthew Macconeghy uses a Pullman as he loads his truck.
I'll have to to be on the lookout for that (Interstellar..not Gossip Girl lol). Good catch

Filsonic

Reaction score
Hey all!

Im from Sweden and im new here. I wanted to tell you about my bag i just got from the post office today. Its a 266 Otter green Sportsman's bag. I bought it from a brittish guy on eBay. He told me that he bought it from an collectibles shop in New york tree years ago but he never used it and just wanted to sell it. I knew Filson discontinued the 266 so out of quriosity i asked him if he knew how old the bag was but he didnt know for sure. He guessed maybe 4 years old and i thought the same because it was the most logical answer. The seller didnt seem to know anything about it exept that its a nice bag. When i opened up the package earlier i looked at the stiched manufacturing tag and i couldnt belive my eyes when saw it was made in June 2006! It looks totally new with the tags along with the pricetag still attached! I only paid 230£ for it. This must be a great find right? What do you guys think about my find? (Attached the eBay pic)

IMG_1107.PNG

Soletrane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Filsonic,
Love the bag. But then again I am a proud owner of a tan 266 so biased!

The 266 for me has been perfect for shorter personal trips (1-3 days) by car by myself or with one of my kids. Clothes stay in neat stacks.

It is also good for longer overseas flights where I check a large bag and carry the 266 onboard as my sole bag with a change of clothes, electronics, snacks, NR headphones etc in all those pockets.

I haven't found it to be a great "one bag" carry-on only option for business trips as a pair of shoes typically eats up too much of its capacity. It also gets boxy and square when stuffed so more challenging to carry

But it's a great example of a bag from their older catalog of bags. It would probably be the last bag I part with - as it's so distinctive.

IMG_3498.JPG

travsirocz

Reaction score
Is there a master list somewhere that any of you might know of that shows every Filson bag style made including the discontinued and special edition bags? Seems I too often find a bag design I never saw before and would love to dig deeper into their bag hierarchy.

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ready to roll with field bag and pullman

View attachment 803855

View attachment 803856
Such an 'old-school' duo of bags. The pullman could have been created and fit in well in ANY era of the past and the the Field Bag always makes me think of old saddle bags that the cowboys used to carry. Nice stuff.

(you probably shave with a straight blade, I'm guessing)

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a master list somewhere that any of you might know of that shows every Filson bag style made including the discontinued and special edition bags? Seems I too often find a bag design I never saw before and would love to dig deeper into their bag hierarchy.
I don't know of any lists like that but I'm sure that would find a receptive audience among this band of Filson aficionados.

By the way, on a totally separate note, I drove through Dallas today (taking my son to orientation at Baylor University) and stopped off at the Plano, TX store. It is attached to the Shinola store (I know they have the same owner), but I was a bit underwhelmed by the Plano Filson store. I've only been to the Detroit and London Filson stores (there are TWO across the street from each other in London), but the Plano location did not impress me.

The Detroit store is beautiful, I think, but Plano? Not so much. Smallish space and didn't really capture the Filson essence as much as the Detroit store.

travsirocz

Reaction score

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I searched everywhere and even tried to contact Filson to no avail. I decided to make my own Complete Style Guide here and would love your help filling in any missing bags. I know I am missing almost all the special edition bags besides the Filson X Magnum ones and I am probably missing some discontinued bags as well.
Full List of Bags - https://www.pinterest.com/travisdewitz/filson-bags-complete-style-list/
Wow. Good job here! My 2c

Missing:
Large and original and new medium duffle
Tin cloth backpack (leather straps, single buckle closure)
Small Pullman
Some of the special edition totes eg Nanamica
I think there are a couple of garment bags/suit covers?
Are you including rifle covers? Not my thing but may qualify as luggage for some?

Correction - is the large/ original Pullman discontinued?

177itch

Reaction score
I searched everywhere and even tried to contact Filson to no avail. I decided to make my own Complete Style Guide here and would love your help filling in any missing bags. I know I am missing almost all the special edition bags besides the Filson X Magnum ones and I am probably missing some discontinued bags as well.
Full List of Bags - https://www.pinterest.com/travisdewitz/filson-bags-complete-style-list/
Horween briefcase and Tote (full horween & horween lined models)(discontinued)
New weatherproof line
Suede stuff
Vans x Filson rucksack
Burton x Filson backpack and rolling suitcase.
Dry duffel, messenger, & backpack (discontinued)
Tin cloth messanger & brief (Discontinued)
Filson x Lucky Brand briefcase, Tote, and duffle.
Filson x Levi's Tote & duffel
Filson x Harris Tweed line (discontinued)
Filson x Apolos 256
Filson x Union Made stuff
Filson x Brooks Brothers
Filson x Urban outfitters stuff
Filson x J Crew navy & otter green 256
Bags That came with the Filson Jeep.
The was some Grey stuff floating around on eBay.
And a baby blue Tote too.
And there was this horrible nylon line from he 90's

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow - this is a cool list and I'll follow it on Pinterest.

I like how you've selected some very artistic pictures to use - shows the deep character of the bags - especially after many years of use.

On your list, I own (or have owned) NINE of the bags pictured!

travsirocz

Reaction score
Horween briefcase and Tote (full horween & horween lined models)(discontinued)
New weatherproof line
Suede stuff
Vans x Filson rucksack
Burton x Filson backpack and rolling suitcase.
Dry duffel, messenger, & backpack (discontinued)
Tin cloth messanger & brief (Discontinued)
Filson x Lucky Brand briefcase, Tote, and duffle.
Filson x Levi's Tote & duffel
Filson x Harris Tweed line (discontinued)
Filson x Apolos 256
Filson x Union Made stuff
Filson x Brooks Brothers
Filson x Urban outfitters stuff
Filson x J Crew navy & otter green 256
Bags That came with the Filson Jeep.
The was some Grey stuff floating around on eBay.
And a baby blue Tote too.
And there was this horrible nylon line from he 90's
This is a HUGE help. Thank you.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads