Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LawrenceMD, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Soletrane

Soletrane Senior member

I bought a new Journeyman backpack in navy, the slightly older version which uses more twill and leather. Though I am not nearly as enamored with backpacks as duffles and shoulder bags, I thought at 50% off - why not?

My initial impressions were very favorable. I kept looking at the materials, the design, the zipper and it just looked like it was worth every cent of its $395 MSRP. The same way. a nice pair of dress shoes or suit reveals the care and quality that went into its construction.

Anyway, in use - I found it much more practical as a "personal item" than a briefcase for a business trip to Denver a few weeks ago. But truthfully, this utility would extend to nearly any daypack. And that's why many business travelers use them, of course.

More specifically, it's got a good design with a huge outer pocket to stash food, drinks and other grab and go stuff. Inner design is good too with the right size, number and placement of pockets.

Aesthetically, it's handsome in navy and is not out of place in an office setting or with business casual clothes Despite the absence of modern "technical" features I could still use it for day trips and hiking on the weekend.