• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite Article of clothing

KenN

Reaction score
I love my oversized half-zip Fourstar pullover hoodie with thermal (fleece?) lining. It beats my EG raglan hoodie by miles.

My university friends got it for me on my birthday a few years back, I haven't been able to find a better sweater since.

Den28

Reaction score
Cowboy boots and lots of them. A serious collection of leather jackets. Belts that I can't get enough of.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woolrich Woolen Mills Upland jacket (burgundy)

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Have I ever mentioned the shawl collar cardigan I got from J. Crew? It's like a security blanket this winter. I wear it at home over a tee shirt and khakis, out to dinner over a dress shirt and trousers, on plane rides over tees and jeans. Warm, versatile. I'm gonna wear this for years and years.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
marc by mj cotton jean-jacket style jacket.
worn-in kmw rockers.
eg field coat.
b. son mock neck zip hoodie.
all my bowties.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Since you dudes are mentioning articles I got a few more in no particular order

-carpes (greatest boots ever)
-jil thin flat woven navy cardigan (s/s)
-jil chunky red cardigan
-vb cardigans

mikejones

Reaction score
Supreme faves:

-Aero Leather Stockman in 5 oz. heavy front-quarter horsehide - god's gift to mankind
-Gibson and Barnes Expedition in dark seal goatskin - a great lighter-weight leather jacket
-Barbour Classic Beaufort-perhaps the most versatile jacket on earth

(as you can see, jackets are King in my wardrobe)

-JCrew merino wool cardigan (have both black and brown) - just a superb piece of gear
-Merrell Barcelona shoes in bourbon - insanely comfortable, could walk to Mars in them
-Madova kidskin brown leather gloves to match my Stockman - bought in Italy and the best gloves in the world
-JCrew zip-front cotton cardigan - also very versatile
-JCrew linen/cotton Irish sweater (bought in 1992, and still gorgeous and comfortable)
-Red dirt t-shirt that is so soft, shredded from wear and comfortable I will never toss out

...and too many more to mention that, yes kids, I WILL take with me to the next life
wink.gif

Joe E Taleo

Reaction score
I'd probably have to say my favorite article of clothing I have right now is an indigo-dyed plaid shirt I got from 45rpm last fall. It's an item of clothing that I'll own for years, and will definitely change in character over time. I also really like these warehouse 660 jeans I got from the sufu contest. I have so many new jeans, but these are the only ones I wear, and are almost like a second skin at this point. Which on reflection is kind of gross. These need a wash, but I'm waiting 'til spring.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads