• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Everlane T-shirts

thenanyu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not convinced that they are made in the USA. It doesn't say so on the product page, while the t-shirts do. Honestly, except for the buttons, pocket shape at the bottom, and pleat choice, the gray oxford looks eerily similar to my uniqlo one in both fabric and stitching.

Where did you see this info? Feel like it would be mentioned on product page?

This batch of OCBDs are made in LA. The next batch are made in China. We didn't mention made in USA anywhere for that reason.
The two main criticisms of Asian manufacturing are working conditions and quality, and we have taken steps to address both of those

- On the quality front, the China oxfords are going to be a step up. The construction in improved, we are doing more complex stitching patterns and QC will be better too.
- On the labor front, we have some connections at some luxury Italian firms (I can't name names but styleforum guys would recognize and respect them), and they have use this place extensively and vetted these guys very thoroughly.

We are all about transparency, and one of the site features we will be launching later this year is an interactive map detailing where all of our production facilities are and what items they make.

Ordered last night and got a tracking number this morning :slayer: Located in the Bay Area too, so it should get to me fast.
Only ordered some tees and a black terry though. The oxford doesn't really appeal to me... I have so many from Uniqlo/Gitman/etc already. But if the reviews are decent I may consider one. It's really hard to beat Uniqlo oxfords at sale price though. Picked up 3 when they were $15 at the opening sale in SF.

Hope you like your order, if you are in SF and you are downtown, you are welcome to stop by the office some time and try on some samples. We always love it when customers come to visit.

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought the shirts were out for sale and that the customers have received them already. My fault...

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The lowdown on the cashmere is, we have a second delivery coming up, which includes the forest green colorway and cardigans in all colors. We are also working on a third delivery that we are trying to get out in early december, which will have a little something extra.

Hmm... forest green cardigan might just have to happen

WhiteFox

Reaction score
The smoke ox is fantastic, I ordered 2 myself.
The lowdown on the cashmere is, we have a second delivery coming up, which includes the forest green colorway and cardigans in all colors. We are also working on a third delivery that we are trying to get out in early december, which will have a little something extra.
I saw a different blue in the previews for the cashmere collection, is that going to be released as a cardi as well? It was a much brighter blue, I tried combing through the site but the images are gone now. @_@

Last edited:

Samir

Reaction score
This batch of OCBDs are made in LA. The next batch are made in China. We didn't mention made in USA anywhere for that reason.
The two main criticisms of Asian manufacturing are working conditions and quality, and we have taken steps to address both of those
- On the quality front, the China oxfords are going to be a step up. The construction in improved, we are doing more complex stitching patterns and QC will be better too.
- On the labor front, we have some connections at some luxury Italian firms (I can't name names but styleforum guys would recognize and respect them), and they have use this place extensively and vetted these guys very thoroughly.
We are all about transparency, and one of the site features we will be launching later this year is an interactive map detailing where all of our production facilities are and what items they make.
Interesting - were y'all looking to improve based on the final quality of the LA batch, or have you been looking at the China facility beforehand?
Where were (are?) the sweaters made?

Looking forward to the cardigans.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To everyone asking Nan for measurements:

All the customer service reps have the measurements on hand. Just shoot them an email. It's faster.

Ketawa

Reaction score
I received a couple of the OCBDs today. The material seems to be nicer than my Uniqlo OCBD although I'm no expert on this. Unfortunately, I will be returning them since the cut does not work on me. I kind of expected this but took a chance. I'm 6' 5", 200 lbs, about 43" chest. These are a matter of personal preference but on me at least, the shirt is too tight around the chest. I do think the hip flare is a little noticeable. It's about 1.5" longer in body length than I typically like for a shirt that I would wear untucked.

The size chart on Everlane's web site seems accurate. Here are some measurements I took, they were pretty consistent between the two shirts with the exception of sleeve length, although they were within 0.375" of each other on a given shirt and the difference wasn't noticeable when actually wearing a shirt.

Size L
Pit to pit: 22.5"
Slimmest part of torso: 20.75"
Across hips: 22.75"
Back length from bottom of collar: 31"
Collar laid flat from center of button to center of buttonhole: 16.25"
Cuff laid flat from center of button to center of buttonhole: 9.125"
Shoulder to shoulder: 19"
Sleeve length from shoulder seam: average 27.125". Smoke shirt they were about 0.25" longer.
Armhole along curve of seam: 10.25"

Costa

Reaction score
Received the black cashmere crew neck sweater. While no cashmere expert, for the price I am more than satisfied.

houkah

Reaction score
received 2 OCBDs and 1 crew neck cashmere sweater yesterday afternoon. The OCBDs are going back. The arms are just too slim for me. I'm 6'2 215 w/ a 44" chest. While everything fit the arms were just skin tight on me to the point where you can see the outline of my bicep if i flex. While i'm sure some guys would like that fit, i'm not one of them. I should have listened when Nan said they were 'aggressively slim'. Quality seems nice, especially for the price. It's not as sturdy feeling as my RRL OCBD though (granted it's almost a 3rd the price).

The cashmere on the other hand i'm pretty happy with. Excited to see the next batch of colors for the cashmere.

Costa

Reaction score
How thick/dense is it?
Again, no cashmere expert here, it seems comparable, if not slightly better, than 2 JCrew cashmere sweaters I received for Xmas last year, at about half the price. I have no pieces of high, high end cashmere that I have read about here, so I can't compare to that level. Hope this helps. IMO, its a nice sweater for the price.

I will pick up a cardigan when they are released as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads