1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Everlane T-shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ethan Halladay, Jan 27, 2012.

1. nyctobkk

nyctobkk New Member

Thanks for the info

2. mysterymeatpete

mysterymeatpete Well-Known Member

Any thoughts on Everlane cashmere vs WvG cashmere (for those who have handled both)?

3. Teger

Teger Senior member

wvg is about 500% better.

1 person likes this.
  4. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Can anyone compare the everlane shirt fits (particularly the Indigo shirt) to Uniqlo Slim Fit Oxfords?

Especially the sleeve slimness.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  5. xxxamazexxx

xxxamazexxx Senior member

Does anyone have any thoughts on the belts? I'm looking to buy one as my go-to dress belt.

6. shizlefonizle

shizlefonizle Well-Known Member

Did they fix their U Neck Ts yet?

7. cthip

cthip Senior member

I ordered it, hated it, and returned it instantly.

The buckle looks cool and unique in the video, but is frustrating and weird in person.

The leather is odd. They describe it as 100% Italian leather. I'm not an expert, but it feels like bonded leather or bicast leather (both of which can be called "100%" leather in the USA) to me. Whatever it is, it's definitely not a full-grain leather or calfskin.

Edit: I should clarify that mine was the "Essential Belt." The "Switch-buckle Belt" has a much more normal buckle. Hard to tell but from the photos it looks like the same leather.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. jakeypotato

jakeypotato Senior member

Thank goodness I didn't buy the belts.

9. Hudson

Hudson Member

I bet if Everlane got some models with decent physiques modeling their clothing their sales would skyrocket.

10. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

I bet they recognize that a majority of their customers do not have better physiques.

1 person likes this.
  11. Hudson

Hudson Member

It's not about recognizing whether or not their consumer base having similar physiques. Consumers will buy clothes that look good and fitted. And if the model doesn't do justice to the clothing, then the clothing in turn will look terrible. So what reason would they have to buy the clothing?

12. xxxamazexxx

xxxamazexxx Senior member

Well, prevalent as weight problem is in America, I'm willing to bet that over 50% of the people aka 'the majority' are still in shape. Besides, it's no secret that clothing brands want to push forward the image customers want to look like, not what they actually look like. I mean, whatever shape you're in, would you look at the scrawny guy on the website and go 'Wow, I want to buy that shirt he's wearing?'

13. Distorbiant

WTF is with Everlane quality yet?

I'm about to buy an Indigo shirt and I see all this shit about awful quality.

Shold I just find a different brand?

14. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Try WvG, D. For $25 they're t-shirts are a surprisingly nice.

I don't think there's an issue with everlane's quality in my experience. For $15 you get a $15 t-shirt. Just had my first one start unraveling at the neck seam after about a year... of not so much wear... I don't know seems about right for the price range. I personally prefer the lands end canvas t-shirts though, they use thicker fabric and hold up better and are cheaper.

15. jakeypotato

jakeypotato Senior member

everlane quality sucks. i have three of their tees. by far, they are my worst purchases ive made. thread unraveling everywhere. collar wrinkly and stretched. thin material.

16. Distorbiant

Can anyone with the Indigo shirt comment on its quality?

17. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

I have the switch buckle belt in black and pewter, with a pewter buckle. I like them a lot. The leather feels fine. It feels quite supple and flexible, which I prefer for my belts -- I hate having to break in belts. They look fine with trousers or jeans or chinos, so I'm sure you could use them for dress purposes.

18. JanC

JanC Senior member

Kind of want the cashmere hoodie... anyone going to order? Any alternatives?

19. althanis

althanis Senior member

If the LEC shirt lasts longer, is cheaper and seems better made, maybe the Everlane one that costs $15 doesn't provide $15 worth of value.

Edit: I also agree they should change the model. I mean, I don't think I have the physique to model clothes either, but when selling merchandise, I imagine you want it to look its best. Ever seen a skinny mannequin?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
    2 people like this.
  20. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

That's another explanation. I don't know who's fabric is better "quality." Everlane shirt feels softer and is lighter. I like the fabric more personally, but for the reasons stated I just stick with LEC. I mostly just avoid this thread now because I'm not interested in the product, so I don't want to bash everlane, but their customer service is really good if nothing else.

1 person likes this.