1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Everlane T-shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ethan Halladay, Jan 27, 2012.

1. althanis

althanis Senior member

Agree, I'm not sure why I'm still subscribed.

2. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

What's LEC?

3. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

^ lands end canvas.

I kind of want to try the cashmere hoodie too. Sounds so good for bumming around in.

4. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Lands End Canvas probably

5. greeeeen

greeeeen Member

This does not seem to be the case. I've been ordering and wearing Everlane T's often for about a year and a half, and the Large has been the perfect t for me. I ordered more shirts in the end of September and the length seems to be significantly longer. I measured 2.75 inches longer on the new shirt.

Has anybody else received the new fit and experienced the same thing?

6. phreak

phreak Senior member

Longtime Everlane customer here.

I have at least one of just about everything Everlane has ever sold (except the accessories/bags). My gf does too. I'm on t-shirt number ~20 right now and have had sizing or destroyed-after-one-wash problems. I get more compliments on my red Everlane poplin than any other piece of clothing I own. The cashmere sweaters are better than you'd expect for their price and continue to be sturdy after 6+ months of wear. Great looking website and super easy to navigate/order.

As usual, the most vocal posters have experienced problems, but I'm likely one of many satisfied customers.

7. phonics

phonics Well-Known Member

Has anyone had any success finding a proxy for everlane?

8. kyojura

kyojura Member

I'm still waiting for my cashmere hoodie and sweater from everlane. I guess i'll chime back when they arrive. However the real test of time is when/if their cashmere starts piling.

Guess i'll be able to compare them to my other cashmere pieces from Autumn Cashmere, Boss and Burberry.

I hope they are at least equal or better than Boss ;p

9. JanC

JanC Senior member

Bummer the charcoal hoodies are sold out =d

Definitely report in on the quality.

10. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

Hey guys, it's been a while since I've posted.

I've read through the last few pages and I noticed some folks were unhappy with their past or recent purchases. I'd like to let everyone know if they contact our support team, we'll make sure you're taken care of. You can also PM me.

We went from producing a few hundred t-shirts to thousands per month and have expanded to other categories. Scaling introduces complexities and issues, but we're not turning a blind eye to them. Currently we pull about 10% of each batch of tees to closely inspect. It'd be insanely slow for us to check every single tee. If you have a problem with any tee's we'll be more than happy to exchange them. Any issues with other products let us know. It could be one-off or systematic. Either way, it's important for us to know. In an ideal world we'd have no defects at all, but that's not the case. We're growing and learning every day.

I share comments and posts from this thread to the team occasionaly, but not all of them can always be implemented. If the recent negative posts here truly represent the experience of our entire customer base we need to know. Then we can start to collect supporting data and bring it up with our factories.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  11. phreak

phreak Senior member

ugh missed out on the first round of hoodies. Anticipated restock date?

EDIT: nm Feb, 13 per the website

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  12. JanC

JanC Senior member

How about a small run of the hoodies for the SF folk ;)

13. tgod93

tgod93 Senior member

does anyone here have any experience with their weekenders?
    the canvas ones, not the suede ones.

how is the durability?
    convenience? (no long shoulder strap)

i'm not a FREQUENT flyer but I do travel a bit

overall quality?

concerns?

THANKS!

14. CasvalRD

CasvalRD Well-Known Member

Their canvas weekender is superb. Great quality. Great price. I travel a lot (car, bus, train, sometimes plane) and it gets tossed around quite a bit. Durability is pretty awesome.

15. tgod93

tgod93 Senior member

thanks for the info! i really like the hunter green one
    is it relatively comfortable to carry around? even on ur shoulders?

16. CasvalRD

CasvalRD Well-Known Member

Comfort depends on what's in your bag lol. If it's a heavy load, or if the internals are bulky and hard (like my PS3 last weekend), it'll of course discomfort you. But it's no worse than any other bag for comfort I think.

17. YungLA

YungLA Well-Known Member

glad to see you back

18. itiswen

itiswen New Member

If I'm wearing a light color tee, will the color from the backpacks rub off and stain my tee (particularly the reverse denim snap backpack)?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  19. ykim917

ykim917 Well-Known Member

Finally got around to trying on the new oxford since buying one from their first iteration over a year ago. Like before, the quality of workmanship/materials for the price was impressive, but the fit just sucked. Too much fabric around the chest, and the taper didn't fix the bottom from flaring out when tucked in.

I've given up on this brand, simply because there're so many other places to get basic staples on the cheap. Nordstrom is selling their in-house brand 1901 cashmere sweaters for $70 right now. The Fjallraven Duffel #4 beats the Weekender by miles (this is also on sale for $120 at Nordstrom). You can buy and alter BB Made in the USA Oxford shirts for less than $55 during their semi-annual sale.

The concept of retail transparency was intriguing, but IMO Everlane didn't do enough research on fit to back it up.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  20. efcheese

efcheese New Member

First post-

I've had pretty good experience with the Pocket T's from Everlane.

My biggest gripe is with the collars going to shit after one wash. The shirts are perfect out of the box but after washing them a few times they start to look like the kind of shirt that you'd wear when you're bumming around the house or something. I've tried hang drying, rack drying and even tumble drying and the problem is consistent.

Anyway, being 6'2 and somewhat muscular Everlane is the only brand in the ~$20 price range that fits well without draping too much, so I"ll be buying more whenever they come out with new colors.