• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Equus Leather - English Handstitched Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate and Review Thread

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hi everybody, Would Burgundy or Australian Nut go with both of these shoes? Or should I just get two belts? I can't decide if the burgundy would be to red for the monks or the Australian nut to brown for the loafers. Opinions?
Difficult to say based on the photos - my instinct would be that Burgundy would be best for both, but Aus Nut wouldnt be a disaster. Very happy to send samples if you like? Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hi Charlie/Dawn

I was wondering if you by chance make custom made wallets? I have one which is a relatively simple design - and was hoping you could recreate it if I were to send you photos/dimensions.

Regards
Jason

Hi Jason,

We're just in the throws of developing our wallet patterns so it may be we can make somthing for you. PM me some photos and I'll take a look.

Charlie

cold war painter

Reaction score

I can't decide if the burgundy would be to red for the monks or the Australian nut to brown for the loafers.

Just a thought, but is that the Sedgewick Australian Nut? The belt I have made of the Baker's Australian Nut seems to have more red tones in it than that, and sit somewhere between the two. Perhaps that might be an option?

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Just a thought, but is that the Sedgewick Australian Nut? The belt I have made of the Baker's Australian Nut seems to have more red tones in it than that, and sit somewhere between the two. Perhaps that might be an option?

Thats actually a very valid suggestion. Id forgotten about the BAN, its a really useful reddy brown, well worth a though

Charlie

Sergej

Reaction score
Hi Charlie and cold war painter,

Thanks for the suggetions, very helpful.

@Charlie, pm'd you about the samples.

Salanito

Reaction score
Got my new belt and it is a very nice belt, best one I ever owned. The only problem with it is that the belt buckle is making some squeaking sounds when it is moved sometimes. But will try putting some oil there or something and see if that helps.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Got my new belt and it is a very nice belt, best one I ever owned. The only problem with it is that the belt buckle is making some squeaking sounds when it is moved sometimes. But will try putting some oil there or something and see if that helps. 

Hi Salanito,

What buckle do you have? Are you sure it isnt the leather creaking?

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is it a roller buckle? I think it must be, they are really the only things that can squeak. Its somthing that design of buckle can do but I think you'll find it'll settle down, and as you've done a little oil will probably help it.

Hope that helps,

Charlie

Salanito

Reaction score
Is it a roller buckle? I think it must be, they are really the only things that can squeak. Its somthing that design of buckle can do but I think you'll find it'll settle down, and as you've done a little oil will probably help it.

Hope that helps,

Charlie
Its the one that comes with the standard west end belt.

Last edited:

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Its the one that comes with the standard west end belt. 

If it is the West End rather than West End Roller Im a little surprised, Ive never heard of one squeaking before. If the oil doesn't help you're welcome to send it over for us to take a look at if you want to.

Charlie

Salanito

Reaction score
If it is the West End rather than West End Roller Im a little surprised, Ive never heard of one squeaking before. If the oil doesn't help you're welcome to send it over for us to take a look at if you want to.

Charlie
It is the standard West End assuming you did not accidently put the wrong one on it. But it was a very clear squeaking sound if you moved the buckle specially when I took the belt of and moved the buckle back and forth. I would guess the leather was a bit dry and when the buckle moved the squeaking sound was produced but I do not know much about either leather or belts. But the oil seems to have solved the problem since it makes no sound now. The leather around the buckle did get a bit of a darker color of the oil. But even if it stays that way it will not matter since the end of the belt goes over it anyway. So problem seems to be solved.

Last edited:

ezlau

Reaction score
I have squeaks in my belt too, (West End and Fillis) but I think it is mainly coming from the inner leather rubbing against mthe button of my pants. Doesn't really bother me.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there any chance you have your suede belts in pictures with better lighting?

I've got the blue and snuff suede, with the brown suede coming in a few months. Was looking for a belt that would be a versatile shade for all these. Primarily the Snuff suede, as I will be getting more of that down the road.

Thanks!

Snuff Suede

Navy/Chocolate

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Is there any chance you have your suede belts in pictures with better lighting? I've got the blue and snuff suede, with the brown suede coming in a few months. Was looking for a belt that would be a versatile shade for all these. Primarily the Snuff suede, as I will be getting more of that down the road. Thanks! Snuff Suede Navy/Chocolate
Hi Mr J, How about we send you some off cuts? A first hand look is worth a thousand photos and all that! In summation though I'd say our Tobacco is a good match for your Snuff and our Chocolate is close to yours. Our suede is reverse polo saddle butt so the nap is bigger and stronger than your shoes, which I assume is reverse calf so a softer texture. I hope that helps Charlie

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads