• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cheekyrabbit

Reaction score
most is 46-48, loafers in 43. jackets, pants, shirts. recent. Almost unworn if at all, I don't really dress for outside the house now so I'd rather pass on to people who appreciate it and pay some bills. I'll have to get an inventory together.
also interested when you get things together

Antiodyssey

Reaction score
Hi!
I'm new here, but I've been looking for Christophe Lemaire's FW 2013-2014 Kaftan Coat specifically in the black/white color. Is anyone looking to sell? I'll pay a good price.

I'm not too familiar with the sizing for Lemaire but I am looking for an oversized fit for a S-M, as shown in the photos attached.

Thank you all! :)
Screen Shot 2024-02-01 at 4.46.28 AM.png

Last edited:

Iskander

Reaction score
I've admired Lemaire from afar for some time but find it slightly intimidating to get into. Do you all feel like you can incorporate it into more conventional aesthetics or do you sort of need to go "full Lemaire" to make it work?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Iskander I wear the outerwear and footwear with a lot of different outfits. Same with the knits.

Lemaire is great and cohesive as a whole, but like any other designer, it's your choice to wear the designer head to toe. On the contrary, I find it easier to do than mix and match per se.

Nowadays, I like to use old runway looks as inspiration. Lemaire leather jacket with a shetland sweater and black jeans and shoes. Lemaire green cotton flight jacket, white top (shirt or sweater), denim, and Lemaire side zips in brown.

I have a Lemaire wool sweater from several seasons ago and wear it with stuff from 18 East. Similarly, I have a pair of sand desert boots from Lemaire that I think looks cool with 18 East, And Wander pants, etc. Sand color desert boots is pretty ubiquitous. It's the middle seam on the vamp that makes it different to the well trained eye.

An old Lemaire yak wool cardigan is perfect at home, and I just throw it on top of whatever I'm wearing around the house that day. (BTW, yak is so warm.)

When I first started purchasing Lemaire, figuring out what I liked the most from the recent lookbook helped narrow down an outfit idea. Then, keeping an eye out for stores when they drop the latest season. If you can locate a pre-order offer from a reputable retailor that can be another avenue.

Even this guy started to wear Lemaire and name dropped, so, it's not that hard to get into the brand I think. Older video of him in H.Lorenzo fwiw

onenightmagic

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have the men's alpaca soft jacket in grey/brow from fall 2019 that I'm looking to sell. Size 48 (medium). Looking to sell for $800. I'm in Toronto and can also sell in person.

Iskander

Reaction score
@Iskander I wear the outerwear and footwear with a lot of different outfits. Same with the knits.

Lemaire is great and cohesive as a whole, but like any other designer, it's your choice to wear the designer head to toe. On the contrary, I find it easier to do than mix and match per se.

Nowadays, I like to use old runway looks as inspiration. Lemaire leather jacket with a shetland sweater and black jeans and shoes. Lemaire green cotton flight jacket, white top (shirt or sweater), denim, and Lemaire side zips in brown.

I have a Lemaire wool sweater from several seasons ago and wear it with stuff from 18 East. Similarly, I have a pair of sand desert boots from Lemaire that I think looks cool with 18 East, And Wander pants, etc. Sand color desert boots is pretty ubiquitous. It's the middle seam on the vamp that makes it different to the well trained eye.

An old Lemaire yak wool cardigan is perfect at home, and I just throw it on top of whatever I'm wearing around the house that day. (BTW, yak is so warm.)

When I first started purchasing Lemaire, figuring out what I liked the most from the recent lookbook helped narrow down an outfit idea. Then, keeping an eye out for stores when they drop the latest season. If you can locate a pre-order offer from a reputable retailor that can be another avenue.

Even this guy started to wear Lemaire and name dropped, so, it's not that hard to get into the brand I think. Older video of him in H.Lorenzo fwiw

Thanks for the comprehensive answer!
I think my hesitation was that a lot of the Lemaire looks I've seen have been wider silhouettes, while most of my stuff is more "standard" in terms of fit. I think you're right on about outerwear and footwear being the easiest to incorporate into various looks and silhouettes. I'm going to try to find a jacket that I like to dip my toe in.
Appreciate the advice 🙏

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The shape and pattern can definitely lean towards voluminous, but I think there’s just as much straight and slim fit (or carrot pants). I’m trying to recall some of Lemaire earlier worker had quite the slim jeans and pants, like 2016 or before. Outerwear is a great start. That’s how I got into lemaire via Yoox purchase and the Kaftan coat. IMO lemaire should’ve left that silhouette alone but the demand to redesign and innovate can be strong. Also, about volume and shape, the pendulum has swung back to full fitting bottoms fwiw so you may find yourself naturally moving towards “big” fits without even knowing 😉

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lemaire jacket and shoes with Uniqlo U black jeans and Merz B Schwanen sweater. Still looking for a Shetland wool sweater. This is a good place to start, O’Connell’s.

A look I interpreted from FW14.

Looking at the photo, even in the past runways I think the models were sized up one in their garments.

IMG_4948.jpeg

IMG_4949.jpeg

Iskander

Reaction score
Lemaire jacket and shoes with Uniqlo U black jeans and Merz B Schwanen sweater. Still looking for a Shetland wool sweater. This is a good place to start, O’Connell’s.

A look I interpreted from FW14.

Looking at the photo, even in the past runways I think the models were sized up one in their garments.

View attachment 2135887

Very cool jacket. I forgot that Uniqlo still has that Uniqlo U line. I'll have to check out new season.

LemaireFanSchweiz

Reaction score
Hi wonderful Lemaire people. I am looking to sell this season's Workwear Jacket in Heavy Black Denim, Size L, new but no tags... Would be looking for 440 CHF, free shipping from Switzerland. I thought it was the right size, but had second thoughts and have gone for XL instead, unfortunately was a bit too hasty with the scissors. Any advice for navigating the resale market?

Big fan of this season!

Attachments

• ezgif-7-b3d5aca6ed.jpg
    ezgif-7-b3d5aca6ed.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 405
Last edited:

Iskander

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the difference is between the Curved Five Pocket Denim and the Seamless Jeans?
They look quite similar to my eye, except that the Curved Five Pockets have side adjusters. I actually don't see any seamless jeans in the current season, maybe they were replaced by the Curved version?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
number one: Seamless jeans don't have a side seam
number two: curved 5 pockets are more of slim straight fit
number three: side tab adjusters as you said

Iskander

Reaction score
number one: Seamless jeans don't have a side seam
number two: curved 5 pockets are more of slim straight fit
number three: side tab adjusters as you said
Thank you. That's really helpful.
I am really into the acid snow denim. I think I would prefer it in the seamless jeans but I might settle for the curved 5 pocket pants since there doesn't seem to be any seamless this season.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads