• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SteveH35

Reaction score
Speaking of Ryden shitkicker Alden shell boots, I ordered 9.5 but have found that I do better with a 10 in Barrie. Anyone want to swap allocations with me?

Last edited:

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Epaulet tweed SC and cowhide Calgary bluchers:

tumblr_o1vm75q81k1r8bgano1_1280.jpg

kwanon

Reaction score
I only wish I had gotten into good clothing a bit earlier so I could have scored some of the awesome Carmina makeups Epaulet made. Never mind the plentiful/affordable shell back in the day.

SteveH35

Reaction score
I only wish I had gotten into good clothing a bit earlier so I could have scored some of the awesome Carmina makeups Epaulet made. Never mind the plentiful/affordable shell back in the day.
You could buy the Carmina shell boots I'm selling
rolleyes.gif

Seriously I certainly would have loved to be into what I'm into now back in the day. Would have saved me lots of $. I'm pretty sure that's just the way it goes, though.

Last edited:

cyclohexane

Reaction score
Did anyone get something done up with the Fall 2015 floral prints? Wondering what the fabric is like. I live in California where we only think we have seasons, so I'm always a little apprehensive of purchasing things intended for fall or (gasp) winter.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did anyone get something done up with the Fall 2015 floral prints? Wondering what the fabric is like. I live in California where we only think we have seasons, so I'm always a little apprehensive of purchasing things intended for fall or (gasp) winter.
I got the second one made. It's so beautiful. The colors are striking and I called Mike to have it completely custom made. It was my first Epaulet shirt and he got the fit spot on. I told him measurements of my favorite fitting shirt. I like sleeves more narrow and Mike did that. You can choose pleat or no pleat in the back, placket style, and extra room for watch. In my opinion a floral shirt works just as well in warm weather. Go for it you won't regret it. I also like the first print. Excuse the poor lighting in picture. The colors are much more striking.
900x900px-LL-2efb1d6b_679022901img.jpeg

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@cyclohexane thanks for asking. You are absolutely good to go with the weight on this fabric.

Calling it "Fall/Winter" was kind of misleading, as it's a fairly lightweight cloth. It just happened to be offered in the Fall. All of these are about the weight of a typical dress shirt.

And you'll LOVE it in person. I bought myself the white one with red roses. Typically these kind of prints are made on a fairly lousy quality base fabric (ahem...cough.. Paul Smith!) but Individualized uses the Albini mill for most of them. The printing is sharp and the shirt itself has a soft hand and a proper drape.

Drop us a line if you need help finding your size, we do that all of the time.

You could buy the Carmina shell boots I'm selling
rolleyes.gif

Seriously I certainly would have loved to be into what I'm into now back in the day. Would have saved me lots of $. I'm pretty sure that's just the way it goes, though.

@SteveH35 that's the truth right there. I could have saved the mid 20's Mike Kuhle all sorts of money on Theory suit separates and Prada bicycle-toe shoes.

ep monday in windy san diego
carmina green shell and walts.

@MrDV amazing! Those are from 2013, right?

Is there something in the San Diego air that keeps Shell Cordovan looking mint for a full decade? I'm always so envious of your pics! My scratched-up shell shoes kind of make me look like an extra in Les Misérables

Epaulet tweed SC and cowhide Calgary bluchers:

tumblr_o1vm75q81k1r8bgano1_1280.jpg

@StanleyVanBuren I dig the rugged shoes and the tweed jacket combo!

Hey Mike! When are the backpacks dropping? Can we get some more pics of them?

@fal32 sure, I'll take some tomorrow. They're really amazing!

The only thing holding up the launch is my photography. We're revamping the site and making our branding look a bit more official this year. So I was planning to do a photo shoot with a new guy to model it, but the plans kept falling through. I'm out of town next week, so it's probably mid-Feb for a full launch, but I can show you guys some previews and we can certainly sell them if you're interested.

Hey cool people!
Mike, is there any word on the drop date for the Ryden x Epaulet x Alden?
stirpot.gif

@Brigzy nothing yet, but I'll keep you guys abreast of any updates

@ryden dude is stunting for real!

Kanye West would approve

@concealed haha, he probably would. 'Bout time!

I posted some other pics of the Artisan collar a couple of days ago but here is another.

@wigglr those are awesome makeups - nice choice on the fabrics!

Just saw the IG post from last week on the Individualized Artisan Collar: https://instagram.com/p/BBDibZ_xn8i/

Looks great, but what's so striking to me is the point length: 3 3/8" !! My beloved Gitman Sartorial Cutaway (V-CA) is plenty long, I thought, but is only 2 7/8". An extra half inch is a big difference with collar points, and I'm very curious to see the first Artisan Collar MTOs roll off the line.

Mike, any plans to run stock shirts with the Artisan Collar? Would want to try before I buy, probably.

@applky it's definitely a bold collar and those points are really long. I'm not going to do any stock shirts with it, but I will order a sample for photography. I'll do it in a medium so that you can see the collar clearly and see a fit shot with it. And we'll have this hanging at our shop for any local guys.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads