• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cyclohexane

Reaction score
@cyclohexane thanks for asking. You are absolutely good to go with the weight on this fabric.

Calling it "Fall/Winter" was kind of misleading, as it's a fairly lightweight cloth. It just happened to be offered in the Fall. All of these are about the weight of a typical dress shirt.

And you'll LOVE it in person. I bought myself the white one with red roses. Typically these kind of prints are made on a fairly lousy quality base fabric (ahem...cough.. Paul Smith!) but Individualized uses the Albini mill for most of them. The printing is sharp and the shirt itself has a soft hand and a proper drape.

Drop us a line if you need help finding your size, we do that all of the time.
Thanks, Mike!

I'll build something out on the website tomorrow or Wednesday... most likely both of the ones with the colored roses. Have to pick a collar... maybe this calls for the Artisan Collar?

Technically, I know my size for the Individualized shirts but my midsection/diet hasn't been cooperating lately and could complicate things if I continue trending in the wrong direction. :)

Last edited:

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From Yeezus to CM.. wearing EP grey flannels.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@applky
 it's definitely a bold collar and those points are really long. I'm not going to do any stock shirts with it, but I will order a sample for photography. I'll do it in a medium so that you can see the collar clearly and see a fit shot with it. And we'll have this hanging at our shop for any local guys. 

:thumbs-up: I'll definitely be by to try on that sample! Thanks, Mike.

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks, Mike!

I'll build something out on the website tomorrow or Wednesday... most likely both of the ones with the colored roses. Have to pick a collar... maybe this calls for the Artisan Collar?

Technically, I know my size for the Individualized shirts but my midsection/diet hasn't been cooperating lately and could complicate things if I continue trending in the wrong direction. :)

@cyclohexane we've sold most of these as buttondown, New Bond buttondown, and PT (the smaller point collar). The Artisan is excellent on a traditional dress shirt fabric, but matching a big collar to a strong print like this is going to give you a really bold shirt.

I did mine with the New Bond buttondown and I love it.

And we're able to change the "shaping" on our existing body with Individualized. So if you need more space just at the midsection (or less), we can do that as a modification on our side
thumbs-up.gif
I'll definitely be by to try on that sample! Thanks, Mike.

@applky you know it! Gonna make up some other collars as well to show you guys. The sales director told me of a legendary collar that looks like "80's Armani," so we'll run that guy. I actually have no idea what an 80's Armani shirt looked like, so it will be cool to see.

Call me crazy, but we're also going to do a little "Goodfellas" package with samples. Turns out that they offer this collar:

And the infamous one in the middle (although a bit less extreme in the narrow pitch and more wearable IMO)

And speaking of the Artisan collar, this is probably how it would look made up in black with creme resin buttons:

Although truthfully you'd need that oxblood leather blazer and .38 snubnose to really complete the look

cyclohexane

Reaction score

@cyclohexane
 we've sold most of these as buttondown, New Bond buttondown, and PT (the smaller point collar). The Artisan is excellent on a traditional dress shirt fabric, but matching a big collar to a strong print like this is going to give you a really bold shirt. 

I did mine with the New Bond buttondown and I love it. 

And we're able to change the "shaping" on our existing body with Individualized. So if you need more space just at the midsection (or less), we can do that as a modification on our side

For the midsection, I just intend to lose it (again). Cheaper that way so I can wear existing clothes again, and it improves other things too. :D

Are you guys able to leave some room for a wristwatch? I'm usually wearing a 40mm that is 13mm thick, which was been a tight fit for the shirts.

Sudonihm

Reaction score
Shot in the dark, did anyone who bought a EFF Stoney Beach in size 33 or 34 want to trade for a size 34 Dusty Saffron (or sell)?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For the midsection, I just intend to lose it (again). Cheaper that way so I can wear existing clothes again, and it improves other things too.
biggrin.gif

Are you guys able to leave some room for a wristwatch? I'm usually wearing a 40mm that is 13mm thick, which was been a tight fit for the shirts.

@cyclohexane yup, we can do an extra half inch for the watch, you just have to let me know the cuff that you want to increase.

cyclohexane

Reaction score
Thanks Mike. It'd be the left... Unless I decide to start wearing a watch on my right wrist too.

I'll follow up with an email after I figure out the rest of the details. :)

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Epaulet denim and boot look great man!

Mentioned this on IG, but would love to see that both in a light suede like milkshake. Could be a ver cool S/S makeup

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quatroad