• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think that it should be no problem for us to order this - I'm thinking to do the preorder next Friday.

Mike, how many units do you think would be possible for the boot? Missed out on the alt wein pre-order but would love to get in on this. Eta I'm guessing would be on par for most alden pre-orders? I'm already down for the Innsbruck, but this would be an awesome make up!

Last edited:

Dirty Gurty

Reaction score
@Epaulet

Is it possible to do an Alden group buy for a milkshake suede LWB? Say with a natural welt and darker/contrasting laces & a leather sole?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@Epaulet

Is it possible to do an Alden group buy for a milkshake suede LWB? Say with a natural welt and darker/contrasting laces & a leather sole?

Of course! Although that color might be better to do for the July round, as it would then be delivered Spring 16. If we set it up next week, you'd probably get it right at the end of Summer or start of Fall, which won't be as milkshake-friendly.

Mike, how many units do you think would be possible for the boot? Missed out on the alt wein pre-order but would love to get in on this. Eta I'm guessing would be on par for most alden pre-orders? I'm already down for the Innsbruck, but this would be an awesome make up!

We can generally do 18-unit runs on Shell Cordovan Aldens

Louys

Reaction score

Very cool - I like this suggestion. It's easy to take that Combat Boot last size zip and simply make it a plain front. The last and sole work really nicely as it stands, and the fit is excellent. Would knock a bit off the retail too. I'll look into that.
This is why Epaulet gets the lion's share of my custom.

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same goes for sneakers. Do you guys have a dream suede color for the Tennis Trainer? They could be made in nearly any color that you can imagine. I'd be happy to set up a group buy for that, and we could easily deliver them to you for like $185 if they're all preordered. Sport trainer could be done as well for 10 bucks more.

I'd love a washed navy or slate blue suede tennis trainer. I find that true navy sneakers can look a bit too matchy w/ denim, but when there's some grey added to the mix, they work just as well w/ denim as they do w/ khakis.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Of course! Although that color might be better to do for the July round, as it would then be delivered Spring 16. If we set it up next week, you'd probably get it right at the end of Summer or start of Fall, which won't be as milkshake-friendly.
We can generally do 18-unit runs on Shell Cordovan Aldens

Awesome. Looking forward to announcements and hopefully I can get something in. Thanks!

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same goes for sneakers. Do you guys have a dream suede color for the Tennis Trainer? They could be made in nearly any color that you can imagine. I'd be happy to set up a group buy for that, and we could easily deliver them to you for like $185 if they're all preordered. Sport trainer could be done as well for 10 bucks more.

I'd love a washed navy or slate blue suede tennis trainer. I find that true navy sneakers can look a bit too matchy w/ denim, but when there's some grey added to the mix, they work just as well w/ denim as they do w/ khakis. 

I love suede too. Not even sure what to ask for!

Washed down burgundy? Variant of that green shade in Couro Chromo? (I only passed on the pre-order there due to some more pressing $$ needs). Something along the lines of "natural?" Deep, rich orange--like the wool rivets from a ways back?

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh and +1 for @Louys plain side zip boot suggestion. I can absolutely see myself in a pair of these from Epaulet. Glad to hear this sounds doable.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice shoes. What size?

Also, did Alden start making black shell with antique soles again? I remember reading that the LS Pitt boots would be the last run. Was that just BS?

Last edited:

mbrooks18

Reaction score
First time posting in this thread... Any plans of a canvas Doyle jacket restock any time soon? Particulary in the brown or olive colors?

z8k1n

Reaction score
Nice shoes. What size?

Also, did Alden start making black shell with antique soles again? I remember reading that the LS Pitt boots would be the last run. Was that just BS?

8.5d / Plaza
re: black shell, after @rydenfan carried the torch, Mike the beast @Epaulet is getting this across the finish line like Marshawn would have

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

First time posting in this thread... Any plans of a canvas Doyle jacket restock any time soon? Particulary in the brown or olive colors?

Olive and French Blue yes, Brown and Navy no. We've got a few new Doyle's in work too. Should be here around mid-March.

Nice shoes. What size?

Ah, that doesn't make any sense. As long as they have the black shell, I don't see why they wouldn't put it on an antique sole.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads