• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

L.I.T.

Reaction score
Hi guys here's some updates from the cutting room floor.

Here's a prototype of our new laid back short in development. We're still dialing in the fit for this but the next sample should be the get us close to production ready. We aim to make them in solid rip stops and lightweight cotton twills.

67382706721__27982B12-BDC5-4CBD-A6A5-B23674DB69A0.jpg

The Cali Canvas Cotton Suiting and Chinos project is finishing up sewing this week and will be moving to the dye house to be dyed. So we're hoping to get these out to you guys by mid May.
IMG_7791.jpg
IMG_7792.jpg
IMG_7793.jpg

Linen Doyle's are cut and getting ready to be sewn soon too.
IMG_7795.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The Epaulet x Hickey Freeman Norfolk Jacket

Hey guys!

I'm really excited to share our newest project... a modern take on the classic Norfolk jacket. We're working with RTC/Hickey Freeman on this, and looking to start offering it around the end of June. Check out the first prototype and let me know what you think! We have to come up with a fresh model name as well.

IMG_0355 copy.jpg

IMG_0352 copy.jpg

Norfolk jackets are a true piece of classic menswear design, but some guys can feel like they're cosplaying in them. So we decided to forego the usual full belt and action back, and instead do something a bit more understated. These will also be entirely MTO, so you can pick and choose what accents you like.

1) The body will be based on our existing Nuovo jacket sportcoat. So you can confidently order your usual size. The shoulder on this prototype is a bit too strong... the final sample will be our softer Neopolitan shoulder.

2) You'll be able to choose this base lapel (about 3") or the wider Nuovo lapel of 4"

3) This prototype is 2 button, and you can pick either that or 3-roll-2

4) We have suede elbow patches, cuff accents, and bottom pocket accents. You can opt for all or none of those

5) As always... sizing is entirely custom, you can choose buttons and liners. It will be fully lined by default.

6) The undercollar will have this hidden throat latch detail. We'll have about 12 colors of felt for you to choose from...

RTC Flawless Victory Closed Tab.jpg

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got called for a gig so last minute I didn’t have time to shave or wash up. Just enough time to throw together a basic EP kit.

dartmouth sc, individualized shirt, flannel walts
992BB695-3344-4204-B2FB-4E180219BE13.jpeg
FA9FF9D7-5298-4C9A-A187-4CC1B5564883.jpeg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really nice! So glad to see all of this stuff is still going so strong. It looks great on you.
I love my hopsack Dartmouth! My favorite SC. I’m thinking about getting the waist taken in, but there’s always the likely chance that the ole waistline will yo-yo back out again in due time…:fu:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Got some updates!

1) Cali Canvas is finished with sewing 100%. Looking to bring it to the dye house on Monday afternoon. Might take a bit to get all the colors through, but we anticipate having the majority of preorders (Indigo, Gunmetal, Olive) ready to ship by the end of next week

2) Don't buy any shorts until our Laid Back short project goes live! This thing is freaking awesome. Looking to drop that next week along with (hopefully) some new Mesh basketball shorts

3) I need to bang on about our Aero promotion, but it's the perfect time to order a custom leather jacket if you want one by the early Fall. Orders sent in the next few weeks will ship early September, and we've got 15% off the deposit payments on ALL available leathers and shapes.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys!

1) Cali Canvas was dropped off today. We're running Indigo & Gunmetal first, and following up with the rest right after that.

2) Tomorrow is going to be the last call for Synthwave Summer custom shirts. With the current lead time at Individualized, orders placed now are going to arrive around the middle of July. It's longer than usual because they have 2.5 weeks of Summer leave.

So it's kind of the last chance to order stuff like linen, seersucker, poplin, etc... and have enough time to get a lot of use out of it. We'll do another 15% offer for the fabrics and a last call all around. After a week, they're going offline.

If you ordered a Synthwave Summer shirt, then we expect to have them here in the next 1-2 weeks. Shouldn't be much longer!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Got a new RTC unboxing video as well! There's a ton of great trousers in this one. This merchandise arrived about a week ago and has already shipped to its owners. I just received another massive box today, so expect more pics and video soon...

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
SYNTHWAVE SUMMER SHIRTING

Hey guys!

We're doing the last call for this custom shirting collection today. Here's the quick notes:

1) This is a small capsule collection of brightly colored, lightweight fabrics. Many of them have a retro vibe.. hence the "Synthwave" name. They were used the SS22 collection of Beams Japan, and we have the exclusive rights to offer these fabrics as custom.

2) That exclusive goes away today, and we can no longer order into the fabrics after this week. So it's really the last time to buy these!

3) Timing-wise, we also want to get the orders in today. Individualized has a two week Summer holiday in June, so orders placed now will most likely be in our hands mid July, and your hands around the 3rd week of July. You'll still have plenty of Summer left to enjoy your shirt, but the time to order is now.

4) You can save 15% on the collection with the code synth15. As usual, if you buy 5 shirts, then we'll refund the lowest priced one in your batch. The 5 shirts do not all have to come from the Synthwave collection, but only Synthwave is offered at 15% off right now.

5) If you're unsure of your sizing but you still want to get an order in, just purchase the fabrics that you like today and choose "Create a Custom Profile." We can send Individualized a reservation for that fabric and get you the discount. Ming will drop you an email tomorrow to start the remote sizing process and we can nail down your fit in the next few days.

6) Here's the item online - you can see all of the fabrics and order here

7) Our first two shirts from this collection just arrived! If you ordered from the launch round, then you should expect us to ship in the next week or two.

Ancient Topaz Madras Made Up.jpg
Orange Crush Gauzy Stripe.jpg

GGMac

Reaction score
SYNTHWAVE SUMMER SHIRTING

Hey guys!

We're doing the last call for this custom shirting collection today. Here's the quick notes:

1) This is a small capsule collection of brightly colored, lightweight fabrics. Many of them have a retro vibe.. hence the "Synthwave" name. They were used the SS22 collection of Beams Japan, and we have the exclusive rights to offer these fabrics as custom.

2) That exclusive goes away today, and we can no longer order into the fabrics after this week. So it's really the last time to buy these!

3) Timing-wise, we also want to get the orders in today. Individualized has a two week Summer holiday in June, so orders placed now will most likely be in our hands mid July, and your hands around the 3rd week of July. You'll still have plenty of Summer left to enjoy your shirt, but the time to order is now.

4) You can save 15% on the collection with the code synth15. As usual, if you buy 5 shirts, then we'll refund the lowest priced one in your batch. The 5 shirts do not all have to come from the Synthwave collection, but only Synthwave is offered at 15% off right now.

5) If you're unsure of your sizing but you still want to get an order in, just purchase the fabrics that you like today and choose "Create a Custom Profile." We can send Individualized a reservation for that fabric and get you the discount. Ming will drop you an email tomorrow to start the remote sizing process and we can nail down your fit in the next few days.

6) Here's the item online - you can see all of the fabrics and order here

7) Our first two shirts from this collection just arrived! If you ordered from the launch round, then you should expect us to ship in the next week or two.

View attachment 1793676 View attachment 1793677
Those look familiar!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Saw the shorts email. They look awesome. I see the inseam is 5.5”. Did I miss the rise anywhere?

Thanks so much, they're selling well! The rise is pretty normal and in-line with our Rivet chinos... about 10.75" front rise in size Medium.

Also.. seriously THANK YOU to everyone ordering shorts in Air Force wool! It's such a cool freaking idea, and actually a very practical fabric for a short like this. It's machine washable and tough as hell. I'm really jazzed to see how this comes through.

Last edited:

chrispy650

Reaction score
Thanks so much, they're selling well! The rise is pretty normal and in-line with our Rivet chinos... about 10.75" front rise in size Medium.

Also.. seriously THANK YOU to everyone ordering shorts in Air Force wool! It's such a cool freaking idea, and actually a very practical fabric for a short like this. It's machine washable and tough as hell. I'm really jazzed to see how this comes through.
Perfect. Just placed an order for the Air Force wool because I needed a pair of blue shorts. Excited for these!

Jlancia

Reaction score
What's the unstretched waist measurement of the large? 36 rivet shorts fit me well but I usually have to wear a belt to keep them up through the day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads