• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just checked.... so the limit that their machines can handle is around 18-22oz. A Doyle is just going to be too thick for that cloth.

How do you feel about this though? It's a 15oz pure cotton. I'm thinking to offer blankets in it, but it would make a boss Doyle jacket too. Would be WAY cheaper... as in I could do a totally custom piece for $395, and it's entirely machine washable.

View attachment 1751338

These pics are great... I love it! So glad to see the OG kamigata and the shell sneakers still going strong. We'll definitely look to offer a similar chambray to that original flavor crosshatch.

And great Hulk Sub too!!
Would love to see a blanket in that...

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Real quick guys, it's the last day for 15% off the custom heavyweight oxfords and chambrays! We've sold around 70 of these shirts so far, making it one of the best capsules that we've ever offered. Huge thanks to everyone who ordered!

HERE'S THE LINK TO CHECK THEM OUT AND ORDER. Use code heavy15 to save 15%. And a few quick notes:

1) These shirts are peak Epaulet. Heavyweight, comfortable pure cotton fabric. Union made in the USA. Customized to you. Fairly priced. If you own one of our in-house shirts and love it, then get yourself one of these... it will quickly be one of of your favorite pieces. I'm sure of that! You can always try just one.

2) We've been using these samples as underpinnings for our new stock garments and incoming custom pieces from RTC. They work with everything! Seriously, you can't go wrong with light blue, white, indigo, and a blue/white university stripe.

3) If you're unsure of your size, just order with "Create A Fully Custom Profile." You'll get in on the discounted price, and we'll follow up next week to dial in your sizing.

4) Oxfords are always shown with buttondown and simple point collars.. but definitely consider switching it up with:

The Artisan Collar
DSC03237.jpg

The Band Collar
DSC03164.jpg

The Curved Spread Collar
DSC03153.jpg

L.I.T.

Reaction score
Sashiko Rivets: Our Best Delivery Yet is in Stock

Supply chain issues in 2021 absolutely killed our Rivet Chino business... meaning that our best-selling Sashiko Rivets have been out of stock for nearly 8 months.

But those days have come to an end. The ruler's back, and our iconic chinos are fully restocked in three colors and all stock sizes. We have the all-time champs of Indigo and Gunmetal, and the new contender in gorgeous British Khaki. If you preordered, then expect shipment within the next few days!

Take 15% off all open stock for the next two days with the code below. Each chino has approximately 12-16 units available:

spring15

RIVET CHINO SASHIKO BRITISH KHAKI
HF4M6O3Hmobx90qWw9VRAcNqz3ZzyOe5MunpLTeRlsr-BxfLPl0EpgG3E4UM1eSLoYchOxVCLWUhZkWMYEedLxVYkJA_nYXaIcIaWwJqwimqT4kDJ4CZPsVdL6s865EJlQ=s0-d-e1-ft

BritishKhakiSashikoDetail_1600x.jpg

BritishKhakiRear_1600x.jpg

BritishKhakiandSaffron_1600x.jpg

BritishKhakandTravelTweed_1600x.jpg

Rivet Chino in Gunmetal Sashiko: $195 ( $166 with code spring15 )
-WgkckNb2iVeGciYz3rDfvi4RmUVZMhF30aoH6v9omUI4ucnXku6RmNvJ6fCVSxoW6hzdXEoRZTjDX-2Ed4EczU6HQcDbv1wxAgxds4ubVxCcay1XD5hXHzxz8Z9TEE15g=s0-d-e1-ft

Rivet Chino in Indigo Sashiko: $195 ( $166 with code spring15 )
Yz5djtwMxS0Ta6jVqBCm0spRbW7DC9gih3jNPsoAKJ-OV7ISlCibBiy_2cfoeguZjK9-g8OquOHvY8MxzqqdxBOLGDdtqbMcdtmxUoq4uokujUBqH7jPIvb7j117fSco3A=s0-d-e1-ft

NorthCoast

Reaction score
Bring back the sashiko ezpants.

That design reigns supreme!

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of linen double forward-pleated, self-belted, blue hairline striped Epaulet EZ pants I got on B&S a few years ago which I wear regularly in the summertime with kurtas or camp collar shirts and sneakers/espadrilles. I LOVE them even though there's a coffee stain on the thigh I wasn't able to remove (long shirts to the rescue). I know they were an absolute pain for the factory to make but I'd MTO this exact config in a variety fabrics if I could (the only change being a longer belt).

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet Kamigata still going live this week?

Will be Tuesday! Here's our schedule....

SATURDAY
1) Sale section update with new samples and the Garment Dyed Corduroy Doyles marked down to $95 (lazer blaze and pastel pink). They all shrank too much in the length, so it's a great pickup if you find our stock sizing to be too long. Also a great unisex style for women.

2) Quickstrike custom Sashiko Doyles and Field Jackets: I have enough pre-dyed Sashiko to make two units in French Blue, two units in Vintage Black, and one unit in Cement. We're going to offer fully custom Doyles for $350 and fully custom Field Jackets for $375. Fabric will be sent to RTC immediately and we should get a quick turnaround on it. If the stock Sashiko Doyle sizing doesn't work for you, or you want to add a rare color, this is a great opportunity to do so.

TUESDAY
Kamigata launch in two colors of space dye, Woolrich Herringbone Tweed, Crosshatch chambray, and Albini natural linen.

THURSDAY
Rivet Chino launch in four colors of cannonball canvas, two colors of space dye, and albini natural linen (provided there's fabric remaining from what's offered in kamigatas).

Bring back the sashiko ezpants.

That design reigns supreme!

I have a pair of linen double forward-pleated, self-belted, blue hairline striped Epaulet EZ pants I got on B&S a few years ago which I wear regularly in the summertime with kurtas or camp collar shirts and sneakers/espadrilles. I LOVE them even though there's a coffee stain on the thigh I wasn't able to remove (long shirts to the rescue). I know they were an absolute pain for the factory to make but I'd MTO this exact config in a variety fabrics if I could (the only change being a longer belt).

The EZ pant thing is interesting! I actually found our pattern for it, and it's totally realistic for us to make the LA EZ-pants as a preorder & stock project.

I need to abandon the self belt idea though. Honestly, it was more trouble than it's worth. I didn't get the impression that many guys were wearing them, and they were difficult to keep track of. They also discouraged some sales because we'd show the pant with the belt attached. And many customers just assumed that it was built in and impossible to use a regular belt with it.

SO.... what might make more sense, is to offer a natural canvas webbed belt. Just like the handles of our Sashiko tote bag, or those super casual belts with a roller closure that you buy at a surplus store. I could get finished webbing belts in natural canvas for $2 or something. I'd make two sizes of them... let's say one size for 30-34, and the other for 35-40. It would look cool with the pants, but will also be more obvious that it can be removed. This pretty much puts our price in line with the Rivet Chino.

And if you don't want to wear the self belt... then you're just getting a rad cotton single-pleated and somewhat high-waisted pant at a great price. One that works for almost everyone's legs. That's definitely in our plans!

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would be fine getting them without the self belt for sure. This would be awesome!! I recently picked up some pairs of monitaly rider pants and they made me want more of the EZ pant you made because of similar silhouettes. Forward pleat, yes?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Would be fine getting them without the self belt for sure. This would be awesome!! I recently picked up some pairs of monitaly rider pants and they made me want more of the EZ pant you made because of similar silhouettes. Forward pleat, yes?

Yup, this is the shape, it's a single pleat. We'll probably get rid of that big channel at the sides of the waist and do normal belt loops all around.

Our new factory is doing pants better and faster than ever before. The latest batch of Sashiko Rivets is awesome! And if we're not dyeing colors, then production can be really quick. Rivet Chinos are next on the production list, but I think bringing EZ pants back in early March makes a lot of sense. And we'll stick to the preorder/open stock paradigm. I love how we were able to make a bunch of Sashiko Rivets for this round (Aubergine, Orange, size 29,30,37,38,40) that we would have never stocked in the past. It helps our cash flow and allows us to broaden the product that we're offering. AND we can actually deliver on time now. Everybody wins yo!

EDIT: I really miss selling our belts. They're kind of difficult to manage, but I was really proud of the product itself.

EZ Khaki Belt Main.jpg

EZ Khaki Belt Detail Overhead.jpg
EZ Khaki Rear.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sure, makes sense to get rid of the channel. Pic of the pants for anyone who doesn't remember.
vqWmQ5Z.jpg

I also wouldn't miss the self-belt. Can I suggest losing the wide-ass belt loops on the side? I still get use of my Hertling-made joints, but it's a pain to thread a canvas belt through those things.

Yup, the channel is getting axed.

And wow that photo is a trip back in time. Good lord.

espen

Reaction score
This is totally interesting! Now if I could bundle that with that casual suit, that’d be something crazy good!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brendagie401