• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think I would actually do it, but just out of curiosity. If I bought one of those Indigofera jacquard blankets, such as this one https://standardandstrange.com/collections/indigofera/products/pizza-hyena-blanket (it is greater than 3 square yards in size), and had it sent to RTC, could they make a Doyle out of it?
Haha yeah totally. This would be totally insane, but I like how you think. There's more than enough cloth to use with that.

You could also consider a Pendleton jacquard for that Southwestern style.....

https://woolenmill.store/new-blanket-weight-wool-jacquards/

We generally need 3 yards, but that's dependent on what size you need. If it's a size 38 or smaller than 2 yards should be fine.

I like the way @Mister GeeGollyGosh is thinking with that blanket for a Doyle. Some of those Southwestern ones you linked to from Woolen Mill Store are phenomenal as well. @Epaulet - these Southwestern ones look like their 32 ounces/yard. Can you comment as to how that compares to some of the tweeds you've offered for Doyles in the past?

We shot a new unboxing video of the custom RTC pieces we received last week. Hope that @Michigan Planner is ready for these tartan pants! And we can't believe how fly the Sashiko Nico trouser is...

Definitely looking forward to the tartan trousers, but really excited about the Harris Tweed sportcoat!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I like the way @Mister GeeGollyGosh is thinking with that blanket for a Doyle. Some of those Southwestern ones you linked to from Woolen Mill Store are phenomenal as well. @Epaulet - these Southwestern ones look like their 32 ounces/yard. Can you comment as to how that compares to some of the tweeds you've offered for Doyles in the past?

Definitely looking forward to the tartan trousers, but really excited about the Harris Tweed sportcoat!

Man, that would definitely be the thickest Doyle that we've ever made by a mile. I believe the heaviest so far was around 24oz for that double-faced grey & camel wool.

Actually, I should probably check to see if they can even handle that. If anyone is looking to get a wacko heavy fabric for one of our garments, please just contact me first before you order.

And yes, your Harris Tweed sportcoat came out amazing!!!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The free button upgrade promo has ended, but we're still offering 15% off these rad heavyweight oxfords and chambray. I shot a few pics of them underneath our latest RTC customs. Click through the titles to check out the shirts and use code heavy15 to get 15% off.

And I'll apologize in advance, we're going to hype the hell out of these heavy custom shirts for the next few days. IMO... they're peak Epaulet. Insane quality fabric. Perfect fit for the client. Good price. Union made in the United States. Relatively quiet time for the factory, so a quick turnaround.

It really doesn't get much better than this, and these easy colors/patterns have a place in everyone's wardrobe. If you own an Individualized shirt from us and you love it, then add one or two of these to your collection... you won't regret it!

JAPANESE SHINKAI CHAMBRAY & NUOVO IN HARRIS TWEED
Sunset Windowpane and Shinkai.jpg

STRIPED RHINO OXFORD & NUOVO IN GUNMETAL SASHIKO
Shadow Sashiko and Rhino Stripe.jpg

BLUE RHINO OXFORD & DOYLE IN GREY/GRAPE FLANNEL (AND RAD PATINA LEATHER KNOT BUTTONS!)
Grey and Purple Check Doyle and Rhino Blue.jpg

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, that would definitely be the thickest Doyle that we've ever made by a mile. I believe the heaviest so far was around 24oz for that double-faced grey & camel wool.

Actually, I should probably check to see if they can even handle that. If anyone is looking to get a wacko heavy fabric for one of our garments, please just contact me first before you order...

Definitely look into that for me. I was thinking about looking for some HBC-like cloth and trying to get a Doyle in that but there are a couple of those Southwestern patterns that I think I'd like a lot more.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Definitely look into that for me. I was thinking about looking for some HBC-like cloth and trying to get a Doyle in that but there are a couple of those Southwestern patterns that I think I'd like a lot more.

Just checked.... so the limit that their machines can handle is around 18-22oz. A Doyle is just going to be too thick for that cloth.

How do you feel about this though? It's a 15oz pure cotton. I'm thinking to offer blankets in it, but it would make a boss Doyle jacket too. Would be WAY cheaper... as in I could do a totally custom piece for $395, and it's entirely machine washable.

pbm_chief1.jpeg

View attachment 1751233
View attachment 1751234
View attachment 1751235
My daily uniform over the past few years have been my scrubs with a kamigata and some epaulet trainers. I’ve got a throwback today with the OG crosshatch and some teak shell cordovan tennis trainers. Bonus wrist shot.

These pics are great... I love it! So glad to see the OG kamigata and the shell sneakers still going strong. We'll definitely look to offer a similar chambray to that original flavor crosshatch.

And great Hulk Sub too!!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The Saffron Doyle lives! We've got 12 units in this gorgeous thing, and it's absolutely freaking perfect for the Springtime. Available size breakdown is: 38 - 2 units / 40 - 4 units / 42 - 4 units / 44 - 2 units.

Use code spring15 for 15% off and it's out the door for less than $170. HERE'S THE LINK TO CHECK IT OUT AND ORDER.

Saffron Open.jpg

Saffron Doyle Detail.jpg

Saffron Interior Twill.jpg

Saffron Cuff.jpg

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oh and one other unrelated thing before I start popping off about the new Doyles and how freaking rad they are....

I can't believe how much I love and use this small insulated cup...

I'm a definite coffee addict, and I'm generally drinking it from about 8:30AM to noon every day. I received one of these as a gift, and it's been kind of a life-changer. Instead of constantly filling up mugs and drinking way too coffee overall, I fill this up and it keeps the coffee hot for a few hours. That way I can sip it more leisurely, and I'm not taking in enough caffeine to get the shakes.

I always just assumed that things like this were for traveling outside of the home, taking in the car, etc. But it honestly works great as an overall replacement for coffee mugs and containers in general. I'll take it to a coffee shop and ask them to fill this up rather than use their own cups. And I can clean it well. Some of the more complex mugs (like Contigo) have small parts that are difficult to clean, and ultimately impact the flavor. This is way more simple. If you're into coffee like I am, then I can't recommend this enough!

t16cp-laguna-topangle_1.jpg

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh and one other unrelated thing before I start popping off about the new Doyles and how freaking rad they are....

I can't believe how much I love and use this small insulated cup...

I'm a definite coffee addict, and I'm generally drinking it from about 8:30AM to noon every day. I received one of these as a gift, and it's been kind of a life-changer. Instead of constantly filling up mugs and drinking way too coffee overall, I fill this up and it keeps the coffee hot for a few hours. That way I can sip it more leisurely, and I'm not taking in enough caffeine to get the shakes.

I always just assumed that things like this were for traveling outside of the home, taking in the car, etc. But it honestly works great as an overall replacement for coffee mugs and containers in general. I'll take it to a coffee shop and ask them to fill this up rather than use their own cups. And I can clean it well. Some of the more complex mugs (like Contigo) have small parts that are difficult to clean, and ultimately impact the flavor. This is way more simple. If you're into coffee like I am, then I can't recommend this enough!

t16cp-laguna-topangle_1.jpg
I've got several Hydroflasks (bottles, cups, and tumblers). I use my whiskey one for coffee when I'm at home, but prefer the Zojirushi bottles when I'm on the go. I've never seen that lid before. Wonder if it'll fit my tumbler.

Happened to be Aeropressing some coffee now.

EDIT: Looks like they do fit the Rocks one. Will need to pick one up for my Rocks and my partner's Wine one. Our current lids don't have a closure system.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads