• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can someone help me out here?
Hopefully someone that has this will chime in and comment. I will give it a shot though. Sleeves look too long while the overall length of the jacket looks okay. Also, I'm going to guess that you are probably between sizes on the shoulders. Not much help... Have thought about getting one of these but just havent pulled the trigger yet. Kind of hard for me to get this while I'm in Houston and we are going to have another day over a hundred degrees.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why dont you order one size down and then return the one you dont want or both if you hate the fit?

styleforum members get return/refunds so take advantage of it. ive done this on two occasions and mike and adele were more than happy to make me satisfied with my purchase

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the fit on that CPO looks right to me. it's an overshirt/jacket. it's not meant to be worn extremely fitted. that's just my take though.

the only problem with rivet chinos is that once you get one pair, you need to have more. the canvas and cramerton are out of this world, so solid.

ArsenalDan

Reaction score
I live in Cobble Hill, so an easy walk to the Carroll Gardens/Cobble Hill/Boerum Hill location [I'll avoid using "BoCoCa"....].

Is there a particularly good or bad time to stop by the shop?

nbernie

Reaction score

Xhale12

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. I may just have the sleeves shortened a bit instead of ordering a small.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Just got my coat today in a size M. How does the fit look? I was thinking of sending it back for a small, or heading to the tailor. Beautiful jacket by the way.

It looks pretty good to me as it looks. I think that a Small is going to be really tight in your chest. The sleeves could be shortened a bit if you want, but it's also a shirt-jacket, so having them a little long doesn't detract from the overall fit IMO.
Hey what khaki do you guys feel is the best and most versatile from Epaulet? I have loved every piece of clothing I'ver gotten so far (still wish I would have went TTS on that deadstock Denim). I'm in the market for an everyday khaki and I haven't experienced any rivet ones before. Can someone point me into the right direction? Thank you guys.
Get the cramerton walts. They are so crazy old school, with a slight military vibe, but are cut like slacks so you can tuck the flaps on the pockets in and BOOM bizcash.
I'm gonna agree with Nan here. I'm constantly pimping the Cramertons - they're really freaking excellent for true Bizcaz. If you don't specifically need to dress them up, then I'd recommend the Khaki Canvas Rivet Chinos. Trad khaki color, nice middle weight that can be worn all-year round, and the US canvas cloth is really comfortable and tough.
How does the colour of the Cramerton trousers compare to the Golden Khaki rivets? They seem quite similar... Thanks
Cramerton is a variant of the British Khaki color, it's a dark tan with a bit of an olive cast. Golden Khaki is substantially lighter in tone and has a bit of a golden cast.
I live in Cobble Hill, so an easy walk to the Carroll Gardens/Cobble Hill/Boerum Hill location [I'll avoid using "BoCoCa"....]. Is there a particularly good or bad time to stop by the shop?
Haha, "BoCoCa" always makes me laugh. No, you can stop by anytime - everyone on staff is totally knowledgeable on all of our products.
I agree, it's supposed to be worn more as a jacket than a shirt. Looks good.
Yup, agreed.

warrenjl1

Reaction score
Yo dudes. I got a great pair of Rudy's this summer in the summer weight gray wool. Size 30. I'm kind of between size 30 and 32. Got the 30s let out about an inch and cuffed. I'm currently planning my next pair and am debating on whether I should get another size 30 to let out or get the 32 and get it taken in. Would more fit pics be helpful?

Bryan_Funfetti

Reaction score
Do the Cramerton trousers have any kind of drape to them, or is the material more like a chino? I need a khaki-colored trouser that's still reasonably thick/durable. Should I be looking at a different fabric?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Do the Cramerton trousers have any kind of drape to them, or is the material more like a chino? I need a khaki-colored trouser that's still reasonably thick/durable. Should I be looking at a different fabric?

Cramerton's are going to be perfect. It's like a thick chino cloth that holds a crease very well.

Capes for the Ladies

Hey guys, I want to show you our wool capes from Fidelity. If you need a cool Fall gift for the lady in your life, these things are pretty perfect. It's still 80 degrees in NYC, and we're selling them like crazy in our stores. They're one size fits all, made in the USA, and actually quite warm. Not to mention cute as hell on your girl.

Fidelity Womens Hooded Duffle Cape Houndstooth: $295

Fidelity Womens Hooded Duffle Cape Light Gray: $215

Bryan_Funfetti

Reaction score

Cramerton's are going to be perfect. It's like a thick chino cloth that holds a crease very well.

Sounds good. I need something that looks and drapes more like a trouser, but in a tougher fabric (these will be worn outdoors often). I'll go ahead and order them. They seem to fit the bill perfectly, and those rear flap pockets... :nodding:

nbernie

Reaction score
Hooded capes are so sick. When are the men's versions coming out? Time to get medieval (but actually?)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads