Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. l1mab3an

l1mab3an Senior member

If only gunmetal chino would come in, INSTACOP

2. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

[​IMG]

3. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Now that I see all the Rivet chino restocks, I'm trying to decide if I should get those, or go for the tan moleskins. I need a khaki-ish pant that I will primarily use for work (biz casual), but something that I could potentially wear outside of the office as well. I'm wondering if the Rivets will be too casual....most days I wear wool dress trousers, but it can't hurt to switch it up now and again. I should be able to get to the store this weekend, so I'll take a look at both pairs and compare.

4. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

Moleskins are a lot warmer. They have been a life-saver for me during winters in New York

5. nbernie

nbernie Senior member

I know this is super unlikely but if anyone has the gray window pane walts (run last oct) in a 30 they want to sell, hit me up

6. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

this +1 ... im in the queue for a pair as well :)

7. dra

dra Senior member

Wearing mine today...oh so nice

8. unclesam099

unclesam099 Senior member

Order placed for Brown Houndstooth pant (I want the whole 3pc suit in 44 and hopefully a long jacket based on your measurements on the site please!) and British Khaki chino. I sized down on the trousers and stayed at 36 for the chinos, hope they work. I've needed to take the waist of my trousers in lately! I measure a 36" waist, so hope these work out. If so, I will sew up the waist of the cords and the two pair of flannels that I got on sale (thanks for the sale!).

Also, the split waistband is a DREAM to work on. I did a pair of Mabitex recently and while not perfect, they were very easy to do. Your trousers are simply amazing when I look at them from a tailoring standpoint. You guys that get alterations done could EASILY learn on a pair of Epaulet trousers - they make the job EASY.

After the credit card recovers - Canvas Chinos (if they hold out) and I need another pair of the Smith denim (or two)...:slayer:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011

9. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Seems like I've been on a pants bender lately (and Alden shoes). The brown houndstooth are nice. Going to wear them for the first time tomorrow. Wore the blue lambswool last week and they are pretty damn nice also. Right now wearing the clay canvas and heading out to grab some milk so I can have some Cheerio's!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011

10. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

I think that we can make that happen for you - check your PM's :)

Thank you sir!

British Khaki is a fine-line UK twill that has a bit of an olive cast. It's darker in color than the standard khaki tone, and the fabric is smooth.

Khaki canvas is a US fabric with a small canvas weave texture. It's a bit lighter in color and heavier in weight. They're pretty interchangeable, but I would say that British Khaki is a bit more dressy if that's a consideration. It mostly comes down to your color preference.

Our Fall Pindots should be here soon - I think within the next week or two. Thanks for getting the paisley!

And I'm glad that you asked the question on pricing. There's a few factors at play here:

1. Raw material pricing for garments and shoes has been going up across the board. I've gotten increases for wools, cottons, and leathers. In some cases, we can absorb the increased costs and keep our prices. In others - especially shoes - we've had to raise prices significantly this year.

2. Japanese-sourced goods are especially problematic. Not only are raw materials more expensive, but the US dollar is insanely low against the yen. Vibrant Dye-sub prints on quality cottons like the Koi and Paisley - and the majority of Gitman Vintage prints that people know and love - come only from Japan. The cost on this fabric has risen through the roof so we've had to increase our pricing. I'm also trying to find alternatives. For prints, we're going to stick with Japan, but you'll notice that all of my new Rivet Chinos are done with US-sourced fabric. That was the only option for me to keep the $135 retail on basic chinos. I'm happy that I did it too, as the US goods are actually phenomenal and in some ways superior. We'll bring in Japanese Gunmetal again this year, but it will probably have to sell for $165 rather than $145.

3. We're growing the brand bringing on some new and more luxurious fabrics this year. While I'm conscious to offer plenty of options at our traditional pricing ($130 shirts, $135 chinos, $185 wool trousers), I'm also bringing in some very special and more expensive goods. We already introduced a line of $225 trousers in absolutely gorgeous wools. We'll have $175 shirts, $895 sportcoats, and $850 shoes available. They'll be a small part of the collection, and as always, I'll detail exactly what goes into each item and why it's priced that high. I always work to price things competitively and honestly and offer a better value on quality and style than anyone else. And we'll be conscious to offer a good selection of basics and awesomely priced deadstock fabric deals whenever possible.

IMO our best biz-caz khakis are either the UK Stone Chino or the Cramerton cloth. A lot of our guys wear the Rivet Chinos to work though - it just depends on how casual your business casual is.

Moleskins are fantastic trousers, but they're pretty heavy. I wear them a lot in the late Fall and Winter, but you'd probably get more versatility out of the chinos if you need an everyday piece.

Thank you, and thanks for the kind words!

Regular Cheerios or Honey Nut?

11. Xhale12

Xhale12 Senior member

Just got my coat today in a size M. How does the fit look? I was thinking of sending it back for a small, or heading to the tailor. Beautiful jacket by the way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. ToledoStyle

ToledoStyle Senior member

Hey what khaki do you guys feel is the best and most versatile from Epaulet? I have loved every piece of clothing I'ver gotten so far (still wish I would have went TTS on that deadstock Denim). I'm in the market for an everyday khaki and I haven't experienced any rivet ones before. Can someone point me into the right direction? Thank you guys.

13. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

Get the cramerton walts. They are so crazy old school, with a slight military vibe, but are cut like slacks so you can tuck the flaps on the pockets in and BOOM bizcash.

14. *#..

*#.. Senior member

I'd recommend the heavyweight stones, british khaki, and khaki canvas. I'm a big fan of the heavyweight twill, I hope Mike releases more 12oz chinos.

15. Xhale12

Xhale12 Senior member

Can someone help me out here?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011