• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hmm, there is extra room in the legs to let out if you need to. I've had a few customers do that successfully. I wouldn't go up to a 34 if you're a true 32, but doing the 33 - and potentially letting the leg out beyond that - could definitely be a solution.

Yeah, I'm thinking it's worth it to try a 33 first. I sent you (well, customer service, at least) an email.

Xhale12

Reaction score
Just got a bunch of the shirts I ordered.

Dear Lord, these are absolutely gorgeous. GREAT job down there in making these exceptional clothes.

nathanl

Reaction score
Just got my new Rivets today - first pair of canvas and I really like it as a pants material! Also, the heavyweight olive is just awesome stuff - I think I like it better than the Japanese heavyweight. Is it US or UK? I miss the hickory stripe pockets, though.

Any idea when the horsehide Thorogood restock is coming?

warrenjl1

Reaction score

Yo dudes. I got a great pair of Rudy's this summer in the summer weight gray wool. Size 30. I'm kind of between size 30 and 32. Got the 30s let out about an inch and cuffed. I'm currently planning my next pair and am debating on whether I should get another size 30 to let out or get the 32 and get it taken in. Would more fit pics be helpful?

Anyone? Really wanting to add those navy wool Rudy's to my collection ASAP.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, Mike. I tried to search, but search results on the updated forum make me want to bang my head on the wall so my apologies in advance if this has been answered, but are corduroy rivet chinos still in the works and if so, any anticipated colors and release dates?

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Since Mike excepts returns, I would try the 32's and get them taken in if the fit is to your liking when receiving them, especially if you let out an inch in the size 30's.

nathanl

Reaction score

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Just got a bunch of the shirts I ordered.

Dear Lord, these are absolutely gorgeous. GREAT job down there in making these exceptional clothes.
Thank you, glad that you're pleased with them!
Just got my new Rivets today - first pair of canvas and I really like it as a pants material! Also, the heavyweight olive is just awesome stuff - I think I like it better than the Japanese heavyweight. Is it US or UK? I miss the hickory stripe pockets, though.

Any idea when the horsehide Thorogood restock is coming?
Awesome, I love that new fabric too. It's a US cloth. And yeah, sorry about the hickory stripe - we ran out of the fabric and getting it was going to hold up production further, so I switched it out for solid pocketbags. Hopefully I can put it back on the next run. Horsehide Brown boots are supposed to ship tomorrow or Monday, so we should have them here before the end of the month.
Whoops, sorry for the late reply. OK, any of the flannels are going to fit a bit larger than the Super 120's, so you can assume that the Rudy 30 is going to be a little more relaxed than the trousers that you have now. Looking at the pic, they appear tight, but it's tough to tell with the picture's size. I'd say if your pants feel comfortable - post alterations - then go for the Rudy 30 in the Navy Flannel. They'll fit a bit looser anyway, and you'll get the same fit on the legs as the trousers that you have now. If you take the 32 and have the waist brought in, you'll still have the slightly fuller thighs of the size 32.
Hey, Mike. I tried to search, but search results on the updated forum make me want to bang my head on the wall so my apologies in advance if this has been answered, but are corduroy rivet chinos still in the works and if so, any anticipated colors and release dates?
Yup, we did the Cord Rivet chinos in a Moss Bedford Corduroy. It's the only color for the moment: EP's Rivet Chino Bedford Cord Moss: $145

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yup, we did the Cord Rivet chinos in a Moss Bedford Corduroy. It's the only color for the moment:

EP's Rivet Chino Bedford Cord Moss: $145

I saw and like these, I was kind if hoping for a grey based and know you have an eye for brilliant fabrics so was checking to see if there were others in the works. Your rivet fits and price points are great which is why I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Last edited:

nbernie

Reaction score
Who else is getting amped for the next trouser delivery!? Approx 10 days.

nathanl

Reaction score
And yeah, sorry about the hickory stripe - we ran out of the fabric and getting it was going to hold up production further, so I switched it out for solid pocketbags. Hopefully I can put it back on the next run.

I wondered if that was the case. No biggie, just know it's a detail that's appreciated! :)

dra

Reaction score

I saw and like these, I was kind if hoping for a grey based and know you have an eye for brilliant fabrics so was checking to see if there were others in the works. Your rivet fits and price points are great which is why I'll keep my fingers crossed!

The material on those is really slick - the subtle cord texture adds some depth. Would also be interested to know if there are plans for additional colors in this fabric.

tlfactor

Reaction score
Dammit Mike, don't sell out of the navy flannel walts! Please tell me there will be another shipment coming with these included....

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike-
What is the deal with the sportcoats in short lengths?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads