1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. tricky

tricky Senior member

And...purchased.

2. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

you on fire man. Good stuff.

3. macjedi

macjedi Senior member

@Mr Clemson, @tricky, @budapest12, @FrankCowperwood, @brp2, @Epaulet,

Thanks so much for the comments Gentlemen! Feels good to know that I've dialed in my size! Cheers!!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  4. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

Hehe, am I the only one to have seen Mike wear this exact setup? Walked into the LES store and was surprised. A Scot who just retired from my place of employ wore the kilt to his retirement party. This: :slayer:

EDIT: Though Mike was not wearing a tasseled leather fanny pack up front. :butbut:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  5. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Wow! Beautiful.

6. macjedi

macjedi Senior member

Thanks Mike! I don't think I can pull off the full highland monty … but I did kop the jacket :)

Thanks again!

7. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

Could anyone with a Weller kindly provide the width of the lapels in inches? say on a 38 or 40?

8. ReedCA

ReedCA Senior member

Lapel width is 3 inches on my 38.

1 person likes this.
  9. malwear

malwear Senior member

Just ordered the last of the wool-cash Navy check. But I'm afraid it will be lonely in transit... and there are still 2 olive and golds left.

10. tricky

tricky Senior member

You know what needs to be done.

11. althanis

althanis Senior member

I currently have a 2 navy sportcoats, a black, a brown, a light blue (blue nailhead Marcello) and a darker glen plaid with burgundy FF.

What would be a versatile sportcoat for work? I don't want one that's very casual for wear with jeans, as I don't wear sportcoats casually very much.

It would be for work with a tie and wool/linen pants.

I'm thinking mid-weight lambswool: perhaps cream houndstooth (10.5oz), or the graphite and lapis check (8oz), or the rusty tattersall (8oz).

How well would these go with lighter and darker colours trousers?

Harris Tweed isn't an option because it gets so cold in Toronto that it's not enough to be worn as my only piece of outerwear a lot of the time, and I think it would be too warm to keep on while inside.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  12. tricky

tricky Senior member

I think Harris Tweed is always hot for indoors. I'm in Toronto and I think it will be great for cold fall and warm winter days.

13. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

Well done, I've been sitting on it for 2 days after picking up the wool/cash brown and you made the decision easy for me.

14. bullswin

bullswin Senior member

The wool-cash navy check was my pick as well. It seemed most subdued/conservative of the patterns. I've missed out on the previous FFs, so I was happy to treat myself this time... just way too good an offer to pass up, especially being able to select an odd size and odd length (my one other Epaulet sportcoat is an MTO in the Weller, so I have a good idea of getting my fit right).

15. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

All right Gents, just got Midweight Olive & Gold Windowpane! This is going to be my FU SC lol. Such a bold windowpane pattern. I'm very excited.

Will be on the casual side for me (dark denim).

I think we down to last one. After missing out on killer eddiemczee Loden/Orange I didn't want to take any chances.

16. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

I have a sizing and tailoring question for these factory find jackets that I'm hoping someone can help me with.

I bought a Harris Tweed Brown-Olive Microcheck Factory Find back on Jan 23 of this year. Does anyone know what shape that would be in? I don't see the shape listed in the order email. How would that shape compare in sizing to the Weller one that these FF are on?

I ordered a 48 Long in the Jan factory finds. For the sizing, the shoulders seem just about on (maybe a fraction wide), but the chest/waist seems loose to me. I can fit a fist inbetween the jacket and my chest when only the top button is buttoned (and it is a little loose when I do that). If I unbutton the jacket and gently pull in the sides until the front part overlaps each other then I think the body looks much slimmer and just better. I ordered a 48 Long and I'm torn between going with that again, or with going with a 47 for the chest size. My concerns are:

1. Does it sound like I need to go down to a 47?

2. What type of difference in the shoulders would that make? How can I tell if the shoulders are good right now?

3. Is it possible to take in or out the waist/chest of one of these jackets?

4. If taking in and letting out is possible, would it be better to get a 48 and take it in then to get a 47 and have to let it out if it is too small?

5. What happens if I get the 47 but the shoulders are too small? Are you SOL then?

Aside from those questions, I noticed the button stance of the top of the 2 buttons (not including the hidden roll one) is pretty high above my naval. Also, the sleeves are a bit short on it. Would going with an Extra Long extend the sleeves, and drop the button stance? The length of the jacket barely covers my rear and if I lean forward a little then it doesn't. Does that mean I need a longer one?

Sorry, I'm not good with sizing on suit jackets so any input appreciated. I really don't want to miss out on these factory finds so any timely advice would be really greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

17. althanis

althanis Senior member

I'm really looking for something that I can keep on while I'm inside. Thanks for confirming that HT would be too warm for that.

18. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Dangit, tried to click and buy and it is sold out :-\.

19. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Did Epaulet say we can order and they can adjust the size we ordered up until they order? I thought I read somewhere. I might buy and then get my sizing questions answered to adjust the size I order.

20. tricky

tricky Senior member

Yup Mike said that a couple of pages back I think. The order doesn't go out until after the 28th.