• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've got two related questions:
1) Is the shawl collar cardigan significantly bulkier and warmer than the regular shetland cardigan?
2) What does the future look like in terms of sweater restocks?

Also, thanks to Mike and Matt for answering all my questions - I appreciate the attention you guys give to customers.

The shawl cardigans are definitely more beefy than the regular Shetland ones we run, but not as much of an outerwear piece as the Hardie. They're great for layering and light outerwear.

As for incoming sweaters, we should be getting those in early October.

We'll have lambswool crewnecks in a few colors, restocks of the shawl cardigans and the Hardie, along with a few new colors.

What would the chances of Epaulet doing an L.B.M. 1911 MTO be?

I contacted L.B.M. 1911 inquiring about larger sizes (48L) that are found very infrequently online and L.B.M. 1911's response was to check out Epaulet and other online US retailers as "they carry a very good selection of our items". I haven't really seen many of the new Fall collection on the Epaulet site yet, and there isn't any in a size 48L. I know Trunk Club did some type of MTO or order with L.B.M. 1911 that included 48L sportcoats. Would something like that require a large number of people to sign up for an order?

Ah, unfortunately we can't do MTO jackets from the LBM line. Come Spring we may be able to hook that up on something similar!

The Porsche or the belt? :sly:

Also looks like the prayers of all you long-sleeve polo guys have been answered. The speckled "tweed" cotton looks fantastic.

The Lazio is DOPE!

For those of you who know me, I'm definitely not a polo guy. However, I'm currently wearing the speckled cotton Lazio and it's BALLER. A perfect Mod-ish piece.

If we can't get trouser swatches can we at least get a rundown of what to expect?

We'll have those swatches up early next week. Both for Walt previews and Rudy orders.

thecool85

Reaction score
The shawl cardigans are definitely more beefy than the regular Shetland ones we run, but not as much of an outerwear piece as the Hardie. They're great for layering and light outerwear.

As for incoming sweaters, we should be getting those in early October.

We'll have lambswool crewnecks in a few colors, restocks of the shawl cardigans and the Hardie, along with a few new colors.

Hey Matt, do you know if the Barena sweater blazers are coming in around the same time? That's the one piece I told myself I didn't wanna miss this season.

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey Matt, do you know if the Barena sweater blazers are coming in around the same time? That's the one piece I told myself I didn't wanna miss this season.

Yep! They should be here around the first week or ten days of October. I'm really pumped to see them!

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For those of you who know me, I'm definitely not a polo guy. However, I'm currently wearing the speckled cotton Lazio and it's BALLER. A perfect Mod-ish piece.

I'd echo this completely (except I'm not wearing one). L/S polos aren't my thing at all, but this one looks beyond attractive.

Last edited:

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up the speckled cotton polo. Being a knit, how is it at attracting lint?

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I haven't noticed it yet. And I've worn it three times. It's a matte finish, so that definitely cuts down.

Thanks Matt...the short sleeve polos you guys have are pretty damn nice but they do attract a bit of whatever is around, in my case, it seems to be dog hair. Hope the speckled cotton polo works out for me, if not, will definitely swap it for the blue one you guys have

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Camo jacket:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice!

Random question but are those the new J Crew slim leg sweatpants? I just got them and love them. They look very similar

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice!

Random question but are those the new J Crew slim leg sweatpants? I just got them and love them. They look very similar

Yep :) The fit is quite nice.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Planning on swinging by the Santa Monica location this weekend, I'm excited to finally get a chance to see some of your wares in person! I just wanted to ask if you happen to have a reasonable number of size 36Rivet Chinos in stock, as I expect that to be the size for me.

Thanks!

Great, hope to see you here! And yes, we've got good stock in size 36 Rivets.

Burgundy Hopsack and Hatch Grain Boots:

I actually had a nice day...don't let the glare fool you.

Very nice! Loving the Terracotta boots there

I've got two related questions:
1) Is the shawl collar cardigan significantly bulkier and warmer than the regular shetland cardigan?
2) What does the future look like in terms of sweater restocks?

Also, thanks to Mike and Matt for answering all my questions - I appreciate the attention you guys give to customers.

Our pleasure!

I know that they're coming into the country next week. So hopefully we're about 10 days out from getting them.

any plan for an MTO overcoat? i'd buy that in 2 seconds.

SOOOO.... yes we can do this.

It's a bit hard to offer at the moment because I don't even have a photo of our Fall overcoat. It's being finished by Southwick as we speak. It's going to be a single breasted and slim notch lapel piece. Not exactly like this, but very much in this vein:

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Polo-...ar_ML00244_Color=BRNM&contentpos=10&cgid=0222

We've had a few guys ask if they can order this in Harris Tweed, and we can. Any of the Harris Tweeds that we have for the sportcoats would work, and the price would be approx $1350. I'd have to confirm the price and what exactly you can change. I think that it's just spec'd for inset flap pockets, but I imagine that we could offer the following:

- ticket pocket
- choice of liner
- suede elbow patches in tan or chocolate
- custom sleeve length (and maybe working buttons)
- shorter or longer body length

The buttons are large and only come in dark brown or black.

That said, many of these Harris Tweeds would make up into an Overcoat of legendary boss-ness. If anyone is interested, then drop us an email. I can get a sketch of what the jacket will look like and basic measurements. The sizing is meant to accommodate a sportcoat or suit underneath, so you can MTO it at one inch smaller if you want a really slim fit to just wear over a shirt.

Camo jacket:

I want your sneakers so bad

Nice!

Not to let a cat out of the bag, but we'll shortly have a sample of an Epaulet LA-made slim fleece pant. Probably about 2-3 weeks out. I'll post it up once we receive it. The Epaulet Los Angeles collection is going to have all sorts of goodies!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads