Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. applky

applky Senior member

Also interested in a normal-ish navy overcoat. Have been for some time, but in a double-breasted peak lapel model.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  2. imolazhp_ci

imolazhp_ci Senior member

i can do DB also. i basically want this exact coat but with modified length/working buttons.

http://www.fransboonestore.com/crombie-short-db-coat-camel

3. applky

applky Senior member

Nice coat. I like the rather pronounced lapels. I hope Southwick can do something similar.

What is the appeal of working buttons on an overcoat? I have one with working buttons but never use them. (On an SC on the other hand I think they're great.)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  4. japples

japples Active Member

Any chance of getting in the Epaulet CPO Shirt Jacket for this season?

5. kwanon

kwanon Senior member

Any chance of a restock on the Eisenhower jacket in either navy or gray? I would need a small to have any hope of fitting me. Also, could these be taken in at all by a tailor? Epaulet small shirts fit me well untucked but are too big for me to wear tucked in.

Also, will there ever be more of the autumn speckle fabric available?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  6. bobbymilwaukee

bobbymilwaukee Active Member

Hi, I've been in the market for some chinos and have heard good things about Epaulet. Unfortunately I'm a size 28 and they only carry 30+. I know the MTO option allows for a 28, but I'm not sure about the 4-6 week wait and non-returnability. Its just that I'm cigarette thin and finding chinos that fit me slim and not skinny has been torture. I have about $500 I'm looking to invest in my wardrobe immediately and was thinking about going for khaki and navy epaulets or grabbing some APC new standards and just going J.Crew on the Chino front. Any suggestions?

7. digga

digga Senior member

Check out the website, I count 10 different pairs in stock in size 28 or 29. I would probably start with gunmetal or pumice canvas, both of which are in stock in jr. sizes.

8. eidolarr

eidolarr Well-Known Member

FYI, I'm a 28 in most stores and I wear 29 or 30 epaulet

9. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Absolutely - we'll get the Eisenhower back in Navy in the next few weeks. It's being delivered in a grey herringbone Harris Tweed this season too. The Small should be spot-on for you in that.

And sorry, we're totally tapped out on the Autumn Herringbone, and there's no way to get more. We've still got about 5 units in the grey version of that and about 3 units left of the wool corduroy (the 2nd best seller).

The first run of these should be coming very soon, so we'll be sure to photograph the finished products. We'll post them up alongside the swatches so that you can see how everything made up.

You know it! Matt is working on this as we speak. Most likely going to be mid-October for these.

Southwick makes the classic Brooks DB Peak, but I'm sure that you guys wouldn't dig the fit. It's pretty generous. The closest that I can offer in a Peak is the "Wakefield" model that we ran last year:

[​IMG]

That one would be very easy to do, and I've got full measurements already.

Let me check on the details for this and get back to you. I'm honestly not sure if our SB has a fly front, but there's a good chance that it does. A standard wool MTO would most likely be in the $1050 range. But we're running a navy one and if the only thing that you need is shorter sleeves, then that's easy to do on the OTR piece. We'll get more info on the shape anyway, as a few guys have inquired about doing it in Harris Tweed.

Oh it just got a bit uglier as the night progressed. Both Matt and I were well screamed out the following day. Although not too screamed out to hit the Gaslite again and sing "Detroit Rock City."

Haha, I knew that this would be your jam!

We'll do that together, and then find five other guys and FINALLY get the ska band going

10. bobbymilwaukee

bobbymilwaukee Active Member

Really how small do Epaulet Rivet Chinos run? I've read a few commenters saying they size up. I know about the split waist, but would obviously prefer the lowest tailoring cost possible. Would a size 30 fit someone who usually wears a 28? Or should I just go MTO? I'm looking at a pair in khaki and navy... I assume the tailoring would bring me up to right about the MTO's price point, if not more. But a few dollars is worth the time saved by not buying MTO.

11. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

12. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

The first Carmina jumper:
    [​IMG]

13. JVK1

JVK1 Senior member

Those Jumper Boots look so good... Glad to see Epaulet stocking some new options this fall.

14. kwanon

kwanon Senior member

My waist sizes are:
    28 in most other brands
    29 in rivet chinos
    28 in walt trousers

Pretty much all future plans for pants involve Epaulet. It's frustrating to have to wait a bit longer for them, indeed. I was lucky enough to know my sizing before they started going MTO only in my sizes. I recommend you get someone to help measure you, and then get on the phone (or this thread) and they'll help you find the size that works. It's worth the trouble. The quality is good and you'll never find such awesome fabrics anywhere else. I love the hell of out of my duck canvas pants, and I'm looking forward to ordering some wool ones this fall.

I'm about 5' 10", 135 lbs for reference.

15. macjedi

macjedi Senior member

I'd order a 30 to start, evaluate, then go from there. If you don't wanna go MTO, then a 30 with some alterations might be a good option.

FWIW, I wear a 30 in both rivets and Walts. 5'5" 130#s.