1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

I appreciate the feedback guys, and Mike I just sent you an email with my jacket measurements. Also, thanks for pointing out the heaviness of the harris tweed. Given the typically warmer climate down here during the winter as compared to the northeast, I may stay away from those. I have a few of the tweed trousers and, while I really like them, they are a bit too warm at times, especially in the office.

I'm really glad that I grabbed the clay farmers. As of now, I'm leaning towards the navy windowpane and olive and gold windowpane, if I get two. I really need to stick with just one more, but this is a difficult decision. So many great options...

2. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

Patiently waiting on the corduroy :)

3. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

I am having trouble envisioning the Olive and Gold Windowpane turning out like the eddiemczee piece. The olive looks more subdued than the loden and the gold does not pop like the orange, nor does it appear to be as solid of a windowpane. Maybe I would see it better IRL or fully made up.
    [​IMG] I am loving the Navy Stitch Windowpane, but that's probably because most items in my closet include some shade of blue. Surprised the Chocolate Check is not getting more love.

4. trig

trig Senior member

I'm going to agree. but maybe we can see the original swatch pic of eddiemczee's and we can somehow compare it.

I'm awfully tempted by it in hopes that it'd turn out similarly.

The chocolate check is already sold through so perhaps that's why noone mentions it.

5. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

@scottcw I'm in the same boat. I would love to have that eddiemczee jacket! Love, love the orange (of course), but am on the fence on this one. I also like the chocolate check, but it looks like it's sold out already.

6. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hmm, I'd suggest the Navy Windowpane. That will match all sorts of looks that the Clay Farmers will be too bold for. I think that those two would sit nicely in your closet together.

Yes, I'd agree - the Olive/Gold windowpane will have less contrast than the eddiemczee, but I think that it's going to read very similar overall. The windowpane is about the same scale and the ground color is pretty similar.

1 person likes this.
  7. macjedi

macjedi Senior member

Agreed, eddiemczee's piece is awesome. A perfect combination of color and pattern. It looks very today and yesterday at the same time. I could see me wearing that piece anywhere … I hope to score something like that one day.

I think the Olive & Gold will make up to look a lot more … "country gent" as I think Mike put it. It reminds me of something I saw in an old AA/Esky photo. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on it. I don't have any windowpane jackets and I think this will be pretty good with tans and greys, maybe even rust and oranges.

Here's a pic of the "eddiemczee" swatch:
    [​IMG]

8. malwear

malwear Senior member

Interesting. Based on that swatch, I would not have expected the final product to 'pop' as it does. That makes me think the Olive and Gold may turn out pretty similar.

9. macjedi

macjedi Senior member

Alright! Pulled the trigger on the Olive windowpane. Still considering the Clay Farmers Check and the Pale Danube Marl. Any thoughts on the Danube?
    [​IMG]

10. tricky

tricky Senior member

Thinking about adding a tweed but not sure which for my first tweed coat. Steel blue and oatmeal are interesting.

11. macjedi

macjedi Senior member

Hi Mike, et al.

Here's a few pics of the 36S Weller I got from Logan in the marketplace … I think the fit is good … much better than the Napoli 36R's I've tried on before. I think the short option is pretty good on me, extra-short might be a bit too short. I'm a terrible judge at my own fits, so just looking to confirm before the FF's go out.

Thanks!!

[​IMG]
    ^ looks like my right shoulder is dropping, maybe add a bit more padding?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

@macjedi it looks good to me, but what do I know. I'll let some of the experts chime in...

13. tricky

tricky Senior member

Looks pretty damn good to me too.

14. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

I'd agree that the fit looks to be good. Extra short would be too short. Shoulders and chest look right. Could perhaps take in slightly for a more fitted look but not needed.

15. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

That's a great looking jacket and a good fit too. A lot of gems in FF.

16. brp2

brp2 Senior member

That jacket fits you well. Great pattern too.

17. Epaulet

I think that jacket fits you great. You should go with that exact size.

In terms of the shoulder, I always caution people not to make tailoring decisions based off of individual photos. When you're wearing a jacket, you're rarely standing still and stiff. Once this piece is in motion, your shoulders are moving up and down. Many guys stand with one shoulder higher than the other - which could be the case - or it might just be the way that you're standing at that moment. The fit at both of the ends looks spot on.

Both of these would be great choices. Steel blue is going to match things in the tan and pearl grey family well. Oatmeal will hook up with navy and olive well. Both will go great with indigo denim. I could see Steel Blue being especially boss with the Eggshell jeans.

I LOVE this color. It's similar to the Harris Tweed Steel Blue, but a little more complex in its marl of light and dark tones.

Made up it's going to read like a traditional Scottish Lovat Blue jacket:

[​IMG]

Man, I love Highland Dress.

18. Epaulet

3 people like this.
  19. Epaulet

and I found some natural light pics of the Oatmeal Donegal Harris Tweed jacket made up:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
    2 people like this.
  20. vida

vida Senior member

Can anyone comment on the fit of the Luigi Bianchi Mantova Vittorio navy blazer? The color looks like a "bright" navy and has a bit of a casual vibe...perfect for summer. Never tried anything from Epaulet. Can the fit be compared to Phinneas or RLBL?