• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 14

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

second drop up at Bureau...

good to see more pics of the orange/brown combi vest

Very tempted by a couple of the shawls, but do I order now knowing it's going to be at least a couple of months before it's cold enough to wear one, or do I hang on and risk them disappearing...

Brattman

Reaction score

Man, I love those pants in the look book but they are … tight … and get tighter down the calf. If I were you, I would size up or go E-1
I sat on it overnight and decided to exchange them for the 32. I think that'll be a better fit overall. Will post pics when they arrive.

jayce030

Reaction score

Very tempted by a couple of the shawls, but do I order now knowing it's going to be at least a couple of months before it's cold enough to wear one, or do I hang on and risk them disappearing...

I'm on the same boat... first world problems, haha

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

14 degrees in london right now.. how is that not shawl weather?

(also, most colours at TBB sold out already...)

i just want a shawl buddy

Last edited:

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my first pair of fatigues today. Really nice. Love the fabric and the fit. Thanks to all for the rec.

As usual, they're far too long on me. I'm 5'6" so all pants are long on me. But I've seen these rolled in some pics.

My question is how many rolls can one get away with? I think I need about three good 1.5" rolls to make them ankle length. It's pretty bulky but is that an acceptable way to wear them or should I just get a few inches taken off and roll them twice?

Will post a fit pic tomorrow. Thanks again for your help. I've always been an EG fan and have several pieces dating back to 2009. I've just never realized how they all work (or don't work) together.

Edit: I cannot believe I am considering a shawl. How did that happen? :)

Last edited:

Dino19

Reaction score
too bad TBB don't stock xs anymore. they always have a good selection every season

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

14 degrees in london right now.. how is that not shawl weather?

(also, most colours at TBB sold out already...)

i just want a shawl buddy

Ouch that was quick. I'm guessing a re-stock is unlikely?

pe3brain

Reaction score
Is nepenthes the only place in USA that stocks the Sulffolk jackets?

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the Olive Poplin/Wool Reversible Coat but not sure on the sizing - TBB sizing seems to be only a slight difference between M and L. Anyone try one on? I think Nepenthes has them in stock. I like the Needles deerskin ranch boot. Give them a call tomorrow, I'd like a new winter coat and Reversible is two coats in one. With the money I save from one having to buy one coat, I can buy the ranch boots.

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like the Olive Poplin/Wool Reversible Coat but not sure on the sizing - TBB sizing seems to be only a slight difference between M and L. Anyone try one on? I think Nepenthes has them in stock. I like the Needles deerskin ranch boot. Give them a call tomorrow, I'd like a new winter coat and Reversible is two coats in one. With the money I save from one having to buy one coat, I can buy the ranch boots.

I like your logic. Just received my E-1 Pants in Serge and chambray floral from Forward. Paid 80$ in duties which sucks. The pants however are amazing. Size these like you sized your fatigues, one down! I'll take some pictures tomorrow. As for Nepenthes inquired about the naval coat and the spectus shoes. 1000 for the coat, and 500 for the shoes.. probably will pick up the shoes tomorrow.

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score

we just recieved this (along with our fair isle pieces) and the fabric is really nice. it's soft, but has some rigidity. I'd say its a fairly different jacket than the homespun and - if following in suit with other bedfords - probably fits a bit closer to the body since the fabric has less give. the moleskin jackets are lovely as well, it's a tough toss up, though the moleskin seems to roll better at the lapel.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads