• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 14

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know I've seen the rebuild by needles AW 2014 Lookbook somewhere, can someone please link it.. can't find it anymore for some reason.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reversible leopard shop coat :drool:

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
Rancid looking !

TWorksheets

Reaction score
Maybe a bit late in the season for sizing advice (lol) but I rec'd my Olive Poplin E1 pants yesterday. I normally take a 32 in EG bottoms / size Small in last seasons ripstop fatigues. I got the E1 pant in a size Small and they fit perfectly.

I'm surprised to hear some people saying these are baggy, since they're pretty darn slim in my opinion (except maybe in the upper thigh/seat). Elastic hems are very very narrow too. Not uncomfortable, but after wearing for a few hours there were marks around my ankles from the hems.

Colour is truest on the Bureau Belfast site

Pics to follow at some point hopefully

eluther

Reaction score

Maybe a bit late in the season for sizing advice (lol) but I rec'd my Olive Poplin E1 pants yesterday. I normally take a 32 in EG bottoms / size Small in last seasons ripstop fatigues. I got the E1 pant in a size Small and they fit perfectly.

I'm surprised to hear some people saying these are baggy, since they're pretty darn slim in my opinion (except maybe in the upper thigh/seat). Elastic hems are very very narrow too. Not uncomfortable, but after wearing for a few hours there were marks around my ankles from the hems.

Colour is truest on the Bureau Belfast site

Pics to follow at some point hopefully

If you were a S in last season's fatigues, you would've been a M in the E-1 Pants; so sizing down is why they're slimmer. Look forward to the pics.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nickp

Reaction score
I wonder if shops second deliveries will offer more in the way of pants - serious lack of choices from US stockists. I guess Nepenthes will drop many at once, so I'll have to keep my F5 on their blog strong.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For those looking to complete the EG look this fall, Opening Ceremony restocked their all-white vans leather slip-ons that were featured in the ss14 runway campaign. A lot of JP shops are modeling these with fall clothes as well, it seems like there was a production delay because they didn't have a big release this summer. http://www.openingceremony.us/products.asp?menuid=2&designerid=1992&productid=102947&key=vans+vault

I have a pair of navy leather/suede slip ons that I really like (cuz I couldn't get my hands on the EG ones...)

http://www.vans.com/shop/mens-shoes.../classic-slip-on-ca-torino-leather-dark-slate

So there's that as an alternative as well

modual

Reaction score
Talking of vans does anyone mix in Authentics with EG ?

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, I'm considering getting the herringbone Bedford. It's a beautiful looking piece and I kind of need to upgrade my cold weather blazers.

Wondering what the general consensus is on if it would work well outside of the EG aesthetic (IE, with APC or even some SLP denim) and if it's easy to pair with casual shirts?

And if it's going to be a hard piece to incorporate then how about the black moleskine?

Thanks for your patience while I suss this all out.

Edit: pic attached.

Last edited:

Where It Went

Reaction score
Guys, I'm considering getting the herringbone Bedford. It's a beautiful looking piece and I kind of need to upgrade my cold weather blazers.

Wondering what the general consensus is on if it would work well outside of the EG aesthetic (IE, with APC or even some SLP denim) and if it's easy to pair with casual shirts?

And if it's going to be a hard piece to incorporate then how about the black moleskine?

Thanks for your patience while I suss this all out.

Edit: pic attached.
I would think it would be pretty easy to work in to other non-EG centric looks. dark, raw denim with a white or blue OCBD. brown chinos and a chambray or plaid shirt would look good too. i think it'd be way easier to work this in than the black moleskine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads