• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To me, maybe not you, some of his garments are shapeless bags. Garments should have some distinguishing lines to distract from the not so good. So many young people have natural nice lines, but when we get older the tailors knowledge and wit can really help. Of course, some tailors have more knowledge. Like so many things knowledge, wealth, skills, etc., are accumulated.

Now that I am older I need to rethink my own clothes. And it is a challenge I didn't want to do.

He's not exactly young. I think his bone structures has regressed hence the droopy shoulders on some his clothes. It looks like he enjoys wearing his clothes over an extended period of time.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

arnathor

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The gentleman in the glasses look fine, but almost everyone else looks sorta' odd that first woman has some duck-face going on!
crackup[1].gif

Last edited:

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the gray suit, the midnight tux, and Chow's SB tux.

Think I prefer the narrower-striped navy suit.

EDIT: Jeffrey Deitch, who's an art-world mover and shaker. Used to run the MOCA in LA. The *********** with the lei is Michael Chow, who founded Mr. Chow (and has a pretty good art collection). I don't recognize anybody else, because I'm in one of those scruffy applied arts.

Last edited:
Reaction score

That seam across the shoulder is dreadful. I criticized one of his coats like that in a forum that I was unaware he was in that the coat was terrible rtw or m2m and certainly not bespoke. Some people were not pleased.

The king and his new suit of clothes went for a ride and only a little child said, "Why is the king naked?" Nobody had spoken up, so the king wore his oldest suit. Oh well.
That shoulder seam looks similar to what you'd see on jackets from the 20's/Jazz Suits. Here's a boating blazer which illustrates the seam more clearly.

greger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That shoulder seam looks similar to what you'd see on jackets from the 20's/Jazz Suits. Here's a boating blazer which illustrates the seam more clearly.

That is not the same. In the old days the seam started back a little behind the neck, and some tailors still do this, and they are slanted. Some believe that seam should be out of sight from the front. There are a number of ways to do the shoulder seams, but none of them should be clumsy.

He is a nice man for allowing so many photos of him to be taken and posted on line. He is a stylish man.

Spats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The gentleman in the glasses look fine, but almost everyone else looks sorta' odd that first woman has some duck-face going on! 
crackup%5B1%5D.gif
That's "Nucky's girlfriend." Neither he nor J.N. let the "duckface" stop them, and given the chance, I wouldn't either.

And who's that guy?
She's five eight, so he must be, what, at least 3 foot 10, whatever he's called.

I like the gray suit, the midnight tux, and Chow's SB tux.

Think I prefer the narrower-striped navy suit.

EDIT: Jeffrey Deitch, who's an art-world mover and shaker. Used to run the MOCA in LA. The *********** with the lei is Michael Chow, who founded Mr. Chow (and has a pretty good art collection). I don't recognize anybody else, because I'm in one of those scruffy applied arts.
Paz de la Huerta, and she's double breasted.

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Cleav very nice vintage look - the boots really add something to the overall picture

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coffee_and_vodka