• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jake Tough

Reaction score
I had 2 Magnanni boots for like two years and they're still holding like new (altough I don't wear them daily).
Bologna welt makes the shoes sooo comfortable. As if you're walking on clouds. In addition, the overall design is preserved.
I more into European design so Magnanni are just perfect with their fashion-forward style. The leather is good, a bit stiff, but beautiful. I never understood why the spanish brand was so underratted on SF.

Have a nice day mister!

Last edited by a moderator:

Shiner

Reaction score
I have shoes from Allen Edmonds, Magnanni, Mezlan, and Crocket and Jones. I buy my shoes with different purposes in mind. My Allen Edmonds are the daily work horse shoes that I wear for work. Magnanni's I use for weekend wear because they are a little more fashion forward without getting ridiculous, my Mezlans are for occasions where a little lizard or crocodile can fit in. Finally my Crocket and Jones are for the most formal occasions. Have you ever tried to dance with a good year welt? Nothing beats a fine bologna shoe with a knurled sold for dancing. Each of these shoes performs quite well when I use them for their intended purpose. I have never understood the good year welt or bust mentality.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've got the gamut of all the names mentioned here and still say that Magnanni has a place if it's an aesthetic that you like.

Quick example, I was seriously smitten with these - a spring/summer limited edition makeup - and paid the full website price for them. I'm a deal shark and that's something I never, ever do, but I really, really liked these so I did it. They were worth it to me and, compared to many others, I still feel they were a good buy at the retail ~$425. I would have much rather have had them at a discount, but it was one of those purchases where I didn't want to take the chance of losing them.

They probably aren't everyone's cup of tea, but they were exactly what I was looking for.

Here's a couple of pics cross posted from the Shoe Damage with more pics here: https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...central-part-ii.168002/page-1045#post-8842775

img_2879-jpg.134859

wp_20170424_11_59_44_pro-jpg.135228

Shiner

Reaction score
I know the feeling. I picked up the Apolo's with the Atesano sole that is hand stitched to the upper. It is just not something that you can just order anytime.

Shiner

Reaction score
IMG_2097.JPG
These are my Apolos. Love this sole.
I've got the gamut of all the names mentioned here and still say that Magnanni has a place if it's an aesthetic that you like.

Quick example, I was seriously smitten with these - a spring/summer limited edition makeup - and paid the full website price for them. I'm a deal shark and that's something I never, ever do, but I really, really liked these so I did it. They were worth it to me and, compared to many others, I still feel they were a good buy at the retail ~$425. I would have much rather have had them at a discount, but it was one of those purchases where I didn't want to take the chance of losing them.

They probably aren't everyone's cup of tea, but they were exactly what I was looking for.

Here's a couple of pics cross posted from the Shoe Damage with more pics here: https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...central-part-ii.168002/page-1045#post-8842775

img_2879-jpg.134859

wp_20170424_11_59_44_pro-jpg.135228

J o s h

Reaction score
Thank you @Shoe Review Pro! I bought them from Mitchell's, a menswear store in Huntington, NY that was formerly known as Marshall's. They're an expensive store, but only they were able to get the shoes from one of their "sister stores" for me to try on. I was not willing to buy the shoes without trying them on first. The salesman was named Ralph.

Shiner

Reaction score

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Magnanni are indeed much better shoes now than they used to be. But prices have doubled as well. It looks like most models are Goodyear welted now.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Magnanni are indeed much better shoes now than they used to be. But prices have doubled as well. It looks like most models are Goodyear welted now.

I believe that all their shoes are either Blake Rapid or Bologna.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had some pairs in my hands yesterday and I could have sworn they were Goodyear. Much bulkier than their Bologna models, and with what seemed to be... a welt :p
But it might just be my untrained eye - too much time away from luxurious stuff. In any case, the leather seemed to be quite a bit better than in the past.

Shiner

Reaction score
I had some pairs in my hands yesterday and I could have sworn they were Goodyear. Much bulkier than their Bologna models, and with what seemed to be... a welt :p
But it might just be my untrained eye - too much time away from luxurious stuff. In any case, the leather seemed to be quite a bit better than in the past.
Magnanni does a good job with Rapid Blake in their bologna construction shoes. That McKay machine really gives the perception of a welt. I have a few pairs that I can only take to one cobbler because he has the equipment to resole the shoe. I like the leather. Not as soft as some, but after about 3 hours break in is pretty much complete.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A Magnanni report told me they only use grade A calf, for what that's worth. I've found the comfort to be great right out of the box, almost as good as my Gravatis.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads