• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Are they unlined? Hopefully they are not too narrow. I had to sell my baudoin and Lange one because it was too narrow width than standard UK sizes and didn't stretch as much as I'd like.

They are lined, with this soft suede they need to be, in order to not lose shape after the first wear.
But still, very light and comfy.
They are wider than the Baduin & Lange I have tried. And may be slight large compared to UK sizes. I wear a UK8,5 and this pair is a EU42.

They will be introduced for spring/summer, along with an ankle height version, a tennis shoe and a runner.

Saac

Reaction score
Hi.

Any difference between last years luxury flannel shirt and this years flannel ?

Last years flannel shirt was really good 👍

GoldenBrahms

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on Cavour's tailored jacket fit compared to Spier and Mackay's contemporary fit? Considering picking up some of their black friday sale garments.

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on Cavour's tailored jacket fit compared to Spier and Mackay's contemporary fit? Considering picking up some of their black friday sale garments.

Slightly narrower shoulder than S&M and very slightly shorter, possibly more open front quarters on the Cavour too. I'd say if S&M Contemp fits you well then you shouldn't have any issues with Cavour. I'll refrain from sharing pics of said competitors product in this thread (you can find them in the relevant affiliate thread) but here's a Cavour Mod 2 on me

DSC04857.jpg
DSC04881 (1).jpg
DSC04872 (1).jpg

Last edited:

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This looks great. Did it involve a lot of alterations? I’m getting my delivery (2 SCs and a Valstarino) today and can’t wait to see how they fit!
Hey, did we place the same order by chance? 😂 Navy and olive herringbone SCs and olive Valstarino.

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Feel free to share whatever other brands in this thread, Sem. If it adds to the conversation :) 👍

Thanks mate, here we go then…

Here’s a S&M contemporary, current season which has received a few tweaks to the pattern.

Both the Cavour Mod 2 and S&M are unaltered, not even the sleeve length. Both are 40R or 50EU

Note that the Cavour jacket I posted above is one of the last Made in Italy ones I believe, I have not tried a Mod 2 since production shifted to China.

67376968-D2BA-4DD4-A242-58A05FEC4EC6.jpeg
C7B1E20F-1162-4F47-9E46-D03FAE6EEACC.jpeg
38650AA0-6AA4-48BE-B6DD-DD61A4F14CA8.jpeg

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi @kevinsvindland, will there additional discount for Friday? Also, can you confirm if the below coat is made in China? Because that would mean 40% duty for me :(

Also, looking for feedback on size if anyone has the Cavour Double Breasted Coat: https://cavour.co/en/product/7423/mod-2-double-breasted-herringbone-overcoat

How do they fit? I'm not looking to wear it over a sportcoat all the time, mostly will be shirt and sweater underneath and I take 38 in jacket size usually. Should I go for the same here or size up?

Last edited:

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I flown out to your store to in first class to receive this jacket? :crackup:

Screenshot 2022-11-25 at 9.16.34 AM.png

tomsocal

Reaction score
I can confirm the blazing fast delivery even though mine was screwed up by UPS but I’ve tracked it down 2 days after delivery.

Now as for the items the Valstarino is definitely a keeper, the drago wool cashmere jacket fits great, I think this would be my most comfortable rtw. The gunclub tweed however feels tight in the back which is funny because it’s the same size and cut as the other one. Size up is not available and I wonder how much can be safely let out? Too bad my usual tailor is located in Eastern Europe and I’ll see him after the return period, perhaps it’s time to find someone local in California.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads