• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Got to play around with our new Cavour Sartoria fitting garments today. Made up in a light super 150s fabric, in order to reveal any and all imperfections. Needless to say, I have a few... (hence the side shot..??‍♂️) But in a couple of weeks I should be able to present our first Cavour Sartoria made to measure suit.

I ordered a double breasted suit, in a subtle navy windowpane from the Fox Air bunch.

3D0BD5A6-2178-453C-B3DD-1808E54F36C8.jpeg

E5CC9398-C50E-494C-8C44-02AF553DE1D0.jpeg

Last edited:

lostlostlost

Reaction score
Yes, the new suit trouser model is a little higher on the rise. It will also be available in some odd trouser options.

As for the shoes, there are no new deliveries in the near future. But maybe down the road.

Hopefully not too long!

I bought some shoes from the house brand in the recent sale and was very impressed by the build, value, and customer experience. I will be keeping my eye on the Cavour website much more closely from now on ... particularly for a chocolate brown suede tassel loafer (hint hint).

Keep up the great work!

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if the Cavour suits come with jacket sleeve plackets? I was thinking of converting the faux buttonholes into working surgeon's cuffs. Thank you!

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received the black cap toe Oxford that I ordered on Friday. I choose the size Sebastian suggested in my correspondence with him and it was a good choice. Fits really well although it could have had an even slightly slimmer heel to match my slim ones.
One of the shoes was tried on a few times in store, but I am not one of those who demands new shoes to be in pristine condition, they do get wrinkles and a worn sole the first five minutes you wear them anyway.
All in all I am very happy with the purchase, and to finally have a black Oxford shoe to go with my white tie rig and to wear on other formal occasions.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone know if the Cavour suits come with jacket sleeve plackets? I was thinking of converting the faux buttonholes into working surgeon's cuffs. Thank you!

«What are you, some bottom feeding, scum sucking algae eater?»

A tailor can make working cuffs if that is what your heart desires.??

djdanniedee

Reaction score
Just rec'd the high twist suit today. 1st off, i'm blown away at the box and the garment bag that it came in. Absolutely amazing quality on that.
I was surprised/slightly disappointed that the suit was light gray instead of a tan/grey but what can you do. I went with the same size as the sportscoat, a 48, and the fit was almost identical in my brief try on. Pants as i suspected was a bit tight at the waist, as i'm a 33 instead of a 32, but there's enough fabric to let out for that. Other than the waist, the pants are by no means super slim as i have read from some people. Rise is normal and not high-waisted as have been mentioned. Overall excited to get the pants altered and hemmed!
Love what you guys are doing!

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just rec'd the high twist suit today. 1st off, i'm blown away at the box and the garment bag that it came in. Absolutely amazing quality on that.
I was surprised/slightly disappointed that the suit was light gray instead of a tan/grey but what can you do. I went with the same size as the sportscoat, a 48, and the fit was almost identical in my brief try on. Pants as i suspected was a bit tight at the waist, as i'm a 33 instead of a 32, but there's enough fabric to let out for that. Other than the waist, the pants are by no means super slim as i have read from some people. Rise is normal and not high-waisted as have been mentioned. Overall excited to get the pants altered and hemmed!
Love what you guys are doing!

Thanks for your kind words!
Glad you like what we do.

Lets see some pictures when you get it back from the tailors.:)

Mclura

Reaction score
Hi!

Can you tell me a bit about the construction of the house-brand shoes? I think they're goodyear welt but the waist is throwing me for a loop.
Thanks!

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apologies if these questions have been previously asked. Can anyone who has Spier & Mackay and/or Suitsupply jackets/suits chime in about sizing compared to Cavour suits? I'm 42R in the previously mentioned brands but based on Cavour's measurements, I should go with a 54 and not a 52?

Also, where are the Cavour suits/jackets made?

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apologies if these questions have been previously asked. Can anyone who has Spier & Mackay and/or Suitsupply jackets/suits chime in about sizing compared to Cavour suits? I'm 42R in the previously mentioned brands but based on Cavour's measurements, I should go with a 54 and not a 52?

I wear 40slim in spier& Mackay and a 50 in cavour suits. The cavour are slimmer than the S&m trousers.

Paging @Burzan for more info

djdanniedee

Reaction score
I wear a 36R Contempory in SM, with 33 slim pants. All my cavour jackets (SC and suit jacket) are 48. Cavour jackets are a bit more fuller compared to SM, esp in the chest and the shoulders are ever so slightly more extended. Sleeve length is similar, i have had 38R slim in SM and those sleeves are definitely longer.

My Cavour suit came with a 32 trousers and they do feel tight at the waist for me. legs are slimmer, but not leg hugging.

Hope this helps

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wear 40slim in spier& Mackay and a 50 in cavour suits. The cavour are slimmer than the S&m trousers.

Paging @Burzan for more info

Cavour jackets fit similar enough for me to Spier that I take the same size as well @WhyUEarly. The main difference is Cavour are a bit shorter in the body and have an extended shoulder. Trouser wise I found it best to size up in Cavour for enough leg room.

@kevinsvindland has mentioned longer jackets and more room in trousers for fall.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the input. As for when I ask where Cavour suiting is made, I just mean whether it's EU/China etc. as I want to avoid the hefty Canadian duties.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics