• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

UNOAIMX

Reaction score
Also @kevinsvindland , please for DHL shipping ensure the value is 234 euro because that's how much I paid, I do indeed expect to pay 18% duties + 13% HST + DHL extortion fees so please lessen the pain for me. Thanks

Last edited:

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also @kevinsvindland , please for DHL shipping ensure the value is 234 euro because that's how much I paid, I do indeed expect to pay 18% duties + 13% HST + DHL extortion fees so please lessen the pain for me. Thanks

My last few shipments have bypassed duties completely when shipped using taped shopping bags instead of the Cavour jacket boxes. Yea I know the feeling, it's 38% here.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its done...pulled the trigger on the first Ring Jacket A-1 that I have been eyeing for the last month...the SFEXTRA20 sold it for me...
Can someone re-assure me on the sizing I'm around US38, will the size M fit me. My shoulder measure for suits is ~17.4"

That jacket in S is = to the 34/44 of the Ring Jacket sportcoats. I wear both 34 and 36 depending on brand but I use the S for the A-1 as it's meant to be worn smaller. If you're used to using a 38 sportcoat it should slim fit fine.

UNOAIMX

Reaction score
Thanks Riva, DHL has shipped out, awesome...hoping for reasonable duties and fees....

Last edited:

UNOAIMX

Reaction score
OK, the DHL bill came in, overjoyed, looks like CETA (Canada EU free trade) must have been applied, cause there was no duties. But I thought Ring Jacket was made in Japan? anyways not going to ask too many questions on this, thank you Kevin for extending the SFEXTRA20.
Still eyeing the Cavour suits that are on sale, who makes the Cavour suits and how is their general fit / quality? I'm reading through some of the past posts of find out, but if someone is so kind to fill me in would be great.

UNOAIMX

Reaction score
Saw some of the past posts looks like Cavour label suits are solid pieces, but I have to ask about the pants, the model wearing them the pants look too 'slim' I'm worried if jacket fits well, the pants might be too tight in the thighs, anyone here know how the pants fit, I also read some said the openings were too small --> pants are too slim etc. Thanks

Pyrrho

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the suits, particularly for such a price. I found the legs slim but not too much so - in fact, I'm going to need to take the waist of my 40R suit in slightly while the legs fit great. Ultimately, it depends on one's body type, of course. Not sure about the complaints about leg openings, they seemed normal to me. It could be that the smaller sizes are cut disproportionately slim, but it seems to me that if you fit the waist and aren't some sort of t-rex powerlifter, the legs should fit fine.

UNOAIMX

Reaction score
Its been done, snatched a brown cavour suit, I've spent all my funds I intended to save for Black Friday Sales .... though I felt these were much better deals than what I see on Black Fridays.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Its been done, snatched a brown cavour suit, I've spent all my funds I intended to save for Black Friday Sales .... though I felt these were much better deals than what I see on Black Fridays.

Cool!
We love it when people spend all their funds in our store!:cheers:

Hope you like the suit!

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I love both my light and brown suits. I hesitated on the Loro Piana stretch suit and missed my size :(

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads