1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Cavour - Cesare Attolini, Ring Jacket, Rota, Saint Crispin's, Edward Green - Official Affiliate

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kevinsvindland, Apr 19, 2018.

1. UNOAIMX

UNOAIMX Senior Member

Also @kevinsvindland , please for DHL shipping ensure the value is 234 euro because that's how much I paid, I do indeed expect to pay 18% duties + 13% HST + DHL extortion fees so please lessen the pain for me. Thanks

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018

2. Riva

Riva Distinguished Member

My last few shipments have bypassed duties completely when shipped using taped shopping bags instead of the Cavour jacket boxes. Yea I know the feeling, it's 38% here.

3. Riva

That jacket in S is = to the 34/44 of the Ring Jacket sportcoats. I wear both 34 and 36 depending on brand but I use the S for the A-1 as it's meant to be worn smaller. If you're used to using a 38 sportcoat it should slim fit fine.

4. UNOAIMX

UNOAIMX Senior Member

Thanks Riva, DHL has shipped out, awesome...hoping for reasonable duties and fees....

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018

5. kevinsvindland

kevinsvindland Senior Member Affiliate Vendor

Hope you like the jacket! It is a great piece.
    If the last one was a Large, I would have kept it for myself. ;-)

6. varsityreds0123

varsityreds0123 Senior Member

If anyone picked up the pinstripe Ring Jacket suit in a 48 and wants to let it go, please DM me.

7. UNOAIMX

UNOAIMX Senior Member

OK, the DHL bill came in, overjoyed, looks like CETA (Canada EU free trade) must have been applied, cause there was no duties. But I thought Ring Jacket was made in Japan? anyways not going to ask too many questions on this, thank you Kevin for extending the SFEXTRA20.
    Still eyeing the Cavour suits that are on sale, who makes the Cavour suits and how is their general fit / quality? I'm reading through some of the past posts of find out, but if someone is so kind to fill me in would be great.

8. UNOAIMX

UNOAIMX Senior Member

Saw some of the past posts looks like Cavour label suits are solid pieces, but I have to ask about the pants, the model wearing them the pants look too 'slim' I'm worried if jacket fits well, the pants might be too tight in the thighs, anyone here know how the pants fit, I also read some said the openings were too small --> pants are too slim etc. Thanks

9. Pyrrho

Pyrrho Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of the suits, particularly for such a price. I found the legs slim but not too much so - in fact, I'm going to need to take the waist of my 40R suit in slightly while the legs fit great. Ultimately, it depends on one's body type, of course. Not sure about the complaints about leg openings, they seemed normal to me. It could be that the smaller sizes are cut disproportionately slim, but it seems to me that if you fit the waist and aren't some sort of t-rex powerlifter, the legs should fit fine.

10. UNOAIMX

UNOAIMX Senior Member

Its been done, snatched a brown cavour suit, I've spent all my funds I intended to save for Black Friday Sales .... though I felt these were much better deals than what I see on Black Fridays.

11. Burzan

Burzan Distinguished Member

Got any pics of the gloves? (the links on the site are broken) Seems like you have a bunch in my size and maybe it's a good time to preplan a pair for the season.

12. kevinsvindland

Hi,

Undergoing some adjustments to the site, so might be a bit buggy.
    The pictures should be back soon!

13. kevinsvindland

Cool!
    We love it when people spend all their funds in our store!:cheers:

Hope you like the suit!

14. kevinsvindland

Oh, and if anyone likes white sneakers we just (major) restocked the white Achilles Low from Common Projects.

Check it out here!

Loads of other nice stuff inbound these days.

15. Riva

I love both my light and brown suits. I hesitated on the Loro Piana stretch suit and missed my size :(