• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Why did Carmina switch to shipping U.S. orders via FedEx? DHL was doing just fine. They were great. Now I have to deal with all the delays, snags and screwups that FedEx (which is the worst freight carrier in operation) invariably has.
we decided to change the shipping company for reasons of speed, but if you wish, please contact customer service and we can ship your order with DHL.

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What would be extremely helpful is if you had actual product photos of a shoe or boot in each of the cordovan colors. It can be extremely difficult to judge color by those tiny swatches - so having a page on your site that shows the actual shoe/boot in that color - if taken inside, making sure the white balance is proper on the photo. And, it's often helpful, if possible to show them together - especially when there are different shades of same color (e.g. natural, saddle, #4, brown) etc.
That's a great idea, we'll have it into account but it's so dificult to achive with all the colours and textures. Maybe one day we can do it. Thanks for your comment.

johnny ribeye

Reaction score
Hi Caterina!

I have two questions for future MTOs:

1. What is the standard color stitching that is used for your bourbon shell cordovan shoes?

2. What is the standard color stitching that is used for your color#4 shell cordovan shoes?

John

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
That's a great idea, we'll have it into account but it's so dificult to achive with all the colours and textures. Maybe one day we can do it. Thanks for your comment.

An idea on that: just start keeping an archive of pictures from custom orders/MTOs. Over time it’ll be a pretty wide variety of things and ideas for people to work from.

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Caterina!

I have two questions for future MTOs:

1. What is the standard color stitching that is used for your bourbon shell cordovan shoes?

2. What is the standard color stitching that is used for your color#4 shell cordovan shoes?

John
Hi John!

There is no standard stitching, it depends on the specific shoe model, although it is normally brown stitching in both colours you mentioned.

For future MTO's take into consideration the different colors of custom stitching:
Captura  stitching.JPG

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Selling my Carmina Horween Shell Color 4 boots. Ebay link here and in my signature. $800 net to me via SF.

7D8B8664-D608-4581-A3FD-51A9538ED372.jpeg
A47886BC-465D-44DF-8E07-08F64377114E.jpeg
04645985-58FD-4BB1-A863-E349088A93B4.jpeg

Happy to delete if this violates norms. Also notice a bag and AE Natty Shells available as well.

Please use DM (not chat) if interested.

oskrusa

Reaction score
Hi Shawn,
There is also a B/S/T thread for Spanish shoemakers you might want to post to:

Regards

Selling my Carmina Horween Shell Color 4 boots. Ebay link here and in my signature. $800 net to me via SF.

View attachment 1818200 View attachment 1818201 View attachment 1818202

Happy to delete if this violates norms. Also notice a bag and AE Natty Shells available as well.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1818200 View attachment 1818201 View attachment 1818202

Hey Folks -by chance can anyone assist with the last of these boots? It’s been a while and I’m simply not familiar with Carmina. Looks like either Rain or Forest but not really sure. Here are the markings from the inside of the boot……..

5BFB12D8-34A6-4124-BD80-30EE8B1E4921.jpeg

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Shawn,
There is also a B/S/T thread for Spanish shoemakers you might want to post to:

Regards

That’s perfect Oscar. Much appreciated. Thanks.

oskrusa

Reaction score
They are definitely NOT Rain.
I would lean towards Forest or Oscar lasts.

Well versed Carmina enthusiasts might be able to chime in with a better ID.

Hey Folks -by chance can anyone assist with the last of these boots? It’s been a while and I’m simply not familiar with Carmina. Looks like either Rain or Forest but not really sure. Here are the markings from the inside of the boot……..

View attachment 1818239

Reaction score
Hi,

Am I able to remove the Beef Roll on the side of the strap of 80113 XIM? It looks like it is just for aesthetics and can be seam ripped off to reveal a flat strap. Please see below. Thank you!

1.png

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

View attachment 1818239
Hi Shawn!
It's an Oscar last,

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads