• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi The Law Beard, nice to e-meet you,

As you mentioned, at Carmina Shoemaker we are always looking for new leathers and textures to offer to our customers.
Right now we have all these colors and textures in Cordovan leather:
What would be extremely helpful is if you had actual product photos of a shoe or boot in each of the cordovan colors. It can be extremely difficult to judge color by those tiny swatches - so having a page on your site that shows the actual shoe/boot in that color - if taken inside, making sure the white balance is proper on the photo. And, it's often helpful, if possible to show them together - especially when there are different shades of same color (e.g. natural, saddle, #4, brown) etc.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
That's pretty freaking extensive imo. Not sure how many more one could want

There’s a lot of weird shell out there man. Saw another maker do a small run in hatch grain bronze shell. Would love to see the football grain shell. That’d probably end up being some great loafers.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There’s a lot of weird shell out there man. Saw another maker do a small run in hatch grain bronze shell. Would love to see the football grain shell. That’d probably end up being some great loafers.
Yes a lot of "weird" shell for sure 🤣. Those that you mentioned aren't particularly weird though 👍

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Yes a lot of "weird" shell for sure 🤣. Those that you mentioned aren't particularly weird though 👍

True. Also, I wouldn’t get excited about gunmetal shell if they offered it unless Horween has made some changes to it. I’ve seen what the Viberg run looked like long term. Not a fan. They don’t stay gray for long and then fade into brown. It wasn’t a good look.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Carmina adelaides in action.

Ugrant

Reaction score
I think it's time to buy my first Carminas.
I have been reading as many comments as I found here but I couldn't form an opinion yet.
I would like to order a a pair of Inca, but I have a few doubts:
  1. Is the Inca 80168 (brogue oxford) in black a model that is normally available? I only can see in brown now.
  2. How is the Inca model in terms of length (longer/shorter/same) compared to Simpson or Rain?
  3. How is the Inca model in terms of size: closer to Rain or to Simpson?
  4. How is the Inca model in terms of instep: closer to Rain or to Simpson? I would prefer low instep.
  5. Are there some measurements in the forum (I only found for Rain and Simpson)?
Simply that. Hope with your help I can be placing an order in the coming days.

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been reading as many comments as I found here but I couldn't form an opinion yet.
  1. Is the Inca 80168 (brogue oxford) in black a model that is normally available? I only can see in brown now.
  2. How is the Inca model in terms of length (longer/shorter/same) compared to Simpson or Rain?
  4. How is the Inca model in terms of instep: closer to Rain or to Simpson? I would prefer low instep.
  5. Are there some measurements in the forum (I only found for Rain and Simpson)?
1. Not sure if it's normally available
2. I think the toe is a little longer on Inca than the others
3. I think Inca is in between the 2 closer to rain though
4. lower than rain higher than Simpson
5. I know I've seen them floating around. If you ask Carmina they'll send it to you.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A comprehensive list of my views:https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...eviews-advice-sizing-etc.241469/post-10128537

Ugrant

Reaction score
1. Not sure if it's normally available
2. I think the toe is a little longer on Inca than the others
3. I think Inca is in between the 2 closer to rain though
4. lower than rain higher than Simpson
5. I know I've seen them floating around. If you ask Carmina they'll send it to you.

What a quick response and useful @Patrick1053.
I would really like to get those Inca 80168 in black. Hope and wish there will be back.
It's funny how some shapes can change your perception. I thought Inca last would be shorter than Rain and Simpson. So thanks again for the point.
Would you say that, even longer, Inca looks a little bit more conservative? I mean, may Simpson give the impression to be more elongated that Inca because of Simpson's more sculptured shape?

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah..I figured somebody would have a horror story about DHL since I gave them praise. But Fedex consistently has obscene delays. DHL is always on the mark as far as Im concerned.
Ha! To be fair, that was the only time DHL has delivered to me, so the sample size is tiny.
I personally think the move to FedEx is a smart one, DHL is great if one lives in a large city. My biggest gripe with DHL is they don’t offer in person pickup in medium/small sized towns. For me, I’d have to drive all the way to DC to pick up in person. And then for anything other than you signing for the package at your home, they require you to sign away all of their responsibility for delivery of the package. So, if they place the package at the back door, or on the stoop of the wrong house…oopsie.

Henry S

Reaction score
Where I live, I get better service from DHL.
ETA is always on time, and most importantly I can pay the the custom fees online.

With FedEx, if the value is on the lower side, I have to pay directly to the courier (contractor) cash or provide my credit card info.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads