• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding some member's interested in creating a derby boot with detailing similar to model 80450, we have been developing the derby version of this model for a while.

View attachment 1259312

Nonetheless, since it is an original design and we would not like it to seem like we are trying to copy other maker's models we have not launched the model yet. To be fair, classic models and traditional styles can have close looks. However, our artisans make great efforts to design models that are close to our aesthetic and which work well within our collection.

We generally get inspiration for very old models in our archives or rather some ideas our pattern makers come up with. Client requests are sometimes taken into account too but they are usually requests to change a model from a cap toe to a wingitp, add broguing... Our artisans would not agree on copying a model from another maker.

This said, we have requested permission to disclose the boots with this "wing" detailing for you to see. For the time being, the only available model would be model 80450.
Thank you for the thoughtful reply! There is a lot of interest in this type of boot pattern and, as we discussed here over the weekend, we likewise would be interested in a unique Carmina pattern rather than anything that could be construed as a copy.

With that said, I think we'd all be thrilled to see what your team has designed. If we are able to provide feedback and/or contribute ideas for the final design, all the better.

Please let us know how we can help. I generated a list of members who have expressed interest in this type of pattern. You're obviously more than welcome to reach out to us individually or publicly, as you see fit.

Once again, thank you for your efforts to work with our community!

I’ll echo stook - thanks! I am one who specifically wants Carmina’s take on the concept, not a clone.

Personally, I’d vote for a clean line where the shaft meets the rest of the upper (no perfing/pinking).

Last edited:

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I asking for your advice.
I have recieved two new Kirby pairs. One of them is flawless but I want to discuss with u if I'm too fussy if I don't accept the other.
The medallion in the right shoe is not completly centered. Honestly, I'm not sure if this is one of those thing which only detected by the owner.
Anything else is perfect and I love them (but now I can only watch this medallion!!!)
(@dave_rawitat: Thanks for the inspiration. I'm not so brave as you but mine are the sons of your greens)
Please, excuse my poor photo skills.

View attachment 1259323 View attachment 1259328
I think a misaligned medallion is reason to request a remake, especially on a pair of shell shoes. Lovely makeup, though.

I agree - that’s not to Carmina’s usual standard and I’d give them a chance to fix it.

dave_rawitat

Reaction score
I have recieved two new Kirby pairs. One of them is flawless but I want to discuss with u if I'm too fussy if I don't accept the other.
The medallion in the right shoe is not completly centered. Honestly, I'm not sure if this is one of those thing which only detected by the owner.
Anything else is perfect and I love them (but now I can only watch this medallion!!!)
(@dave_rawitat: Thanks for the inspiration. I'm not so brave as you but mine are the sons of your greens)

I would ask for a remake. Especially if it is noticeable by you and you can't keep your eyes off it, as you said. (Me too, being an OCD).

By the way, yours looks like a lovechild of my two MTOs: The Green Shell + Loden Suede 80383 Adelaide and Burgundy Shell + Burgundy Suede 80450 boots (we even picked the same medallion for the burgundy pair!) :)

DSCF2766.jpg

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Personally, I’d vote for a clean line where the shaft meets the rest of the upper (no peering/pinking).

I'm assuming you mean perfing (ie. Brogue) and pinking? I agree with your thinking here since it makes for a cleaner look. I'd also point out that these details, broguing and pinking, fall into the more typical customizations that Carmina supports on orders. So if there was someone that wanted broguing it could be possible to add on a custom order.

I think the real challenge is what to do with the heel counters and possibly the quarters.

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Please send us an email to [email protected] with the issue. We will very gladly assist with your order.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming you mean perfing (ie. Brogue) and pinking? I agree with your thinking here since it makes for a cleaner look. I'd also point out that these details, broguing and pinking, fall into the more typical customizations that Carmina supports on orders. So if there was someone that wanted broguing it could be possible to add on a custom order.

I think the real challenge is what to do with the heel counters and possibly the quarters.

Correct re: perfing. Stupid fingers - I have edited original post for clarity.

Personally, the cleaner the quarters the better. I would not want the heel counter to extend to the shaft; I want a suede shaft and either shell or CXL below.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Correct re: perfing. Stupid fingers - I have edited original post for clarity.

Personally, the cleaner the quarters the better. I would not want the heel counter to extend to the shaft; I want a suede shaft and either shell or CXL below.

I like the idea of the shell lower portion getting carried up through the quarters and heel counter as trim to carry through the look and add a little more visual interest. I'm not sure if it's possible, but perhaps a single piece of shell for the lower panel and vamp flowing all the way up around the eyelets and up the back of the heel.

serbarristan

Reaction score
Question for the board - received my Kirby pair and love them, but there’s a dark spot in a very unfortunate place. This is my first pair of light shell so I’m not sure how much of this is acceptable, so please let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for the board - received my Kirby pair and love them, but there’s a dark spot in a very unfortunate place. This is my first pair of light shell so I’m not sure how much of this is acceptable, so please let me know your thoughts. Thanks.
View attachment 1259491

Shell isn't naturally uniform. That type of spotting is more commonplace than you think. If it really bothers you, I'd contact the New York store, but I'd leave it alone.

serbarristan

Reaction score
Shell isn't naturally uniform. That type of spotting is more commonplace than you think. If it really bothers you, I'd contact the New York store, but I'd leave it alone.
Exactly what I was hoping to hear, thank you. It looks like it might disappear into a roll eventually. I’ll post much better pictures of them soon.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1259491

May seem like a dumb q but did you try to clean it. If it was me I would try to go over the top area with something like saphir renovateur basically something that is not a polish as you don't want to cover it but lift it. May come off with damp cloth too hard to say from the pic.

As noted the lighter colors are more subject to this depends on if it bothers you. I have several natural shell and a few pair have seen harsh times and still look great. I buy shoes to wear none are museum pieces so I tend to not worry about the small details. So that's back to you if it bothers you it's a problem if it does not well you see where I am going.

Also the lighter colors do get darker in the rolls so who knows where this will fall as the shoe wears.

I sort of think it will go away if you clean it as noted above, up to you.

serbarristan

Reaction score
May seem like a dumb q but did you try to clean it. If it was me I would try to go over the top area with something like saphir renovateur basically something that is not a polish as you don't want to cover it but lift it. May come off with damp cloth too hard to say from the pic.

As noted the lighter colors are more subject to this depends on if it bothers you. I have several natural shell and a few pair have seen harsh times and still look great. I buy shoes to wear none are museum pieces so I tend to not worry about the small details. So that's back to you if it bothers you it's a problem if it does not well you see where I am going.

Also the lighter colors do get darker in the rolls so who knows where this will fall as the shoe wears.

I sort of think it will go away if you clean it as noted above, up to you.
Thanks! I’m already so impressed with everything else about them that I’m quickly getting over the spot. I hit it with the brush and looks about the same, but you’re right the rolls should take it soon.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads