• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nashville1986

Reaction score
Question for all you Carmina experts...

I want a pair of mid to dark brown cordovan jumper boots. The bourbon shell looks nice, but is lighter than what I'm looking for. On the darker end, I've seen armagnac that looks anywhere from an olive color to a rich dark brown. I called Carmina NYC and they said the armagnac is an olive color, but they also have a dark armagnac color that I don't really see listed anywhere but may be what I'm looking for. Does anyone have any shoes in this color, or have a cordovan shell that they can recommend to get a mid to dark brown or chocolate color boot? Thanks!

Berto1

Reaction score

I want a pair of mid to dark brown cordovan jumper boots. The bourbon shell looks nice, but is lighter than what I'm looking for. On the darker end, I've seen armagnac that looks anywhere from an olive color to a rich dark brown. I called Carmina NYC and they said the armagnac is an olive color, but they also have a dark armagnac color that I don't really see listed anywhere but may be what I'm looking for. Does anyone have any shoes in this color, or have a cordovan shell that they can recommend to get a mid to dark brown or chocolate color boot? Thanks!
Man, these are cordovan Armagnac. Take into account that it tends to be less darker

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score

Armagnac isnt really olive toned in my opinion. Look a few pages back for examples of lighter armagnac that I posted and a darker pair that @oskrusa posted for comparison.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Armagnac isnt really olive toned in my opinion. Look a few pages back for examples of lighter armagnac that I posted and a darker pair that @oskrusa posted for comparison.

Armagnac is not olive colored at all. Look back a few pages to see the armagnac derbies I posted.

Nashville1986

Reaction score
Armagnac is not olive colored at all. Look back a few pages to see the armagnac derbies I posted.

Thanks everyone for the helpful responses! It looks like it's a true brown without any strong undertones. Interesting that to my eye @George Red armagnac is a smidge darker than @stook1 and closer to the dark armagnac that @oskrusa shows but it may just be the lighting in the pics. For those that have armagnac, have your shoes darkened any over time with wear?

You guys have been so helpful I think I'm going to throw a couple other questions your way :)
1. For my jumper boot custom order I think I'm going to get dainite soles. Should I get single or double soles, or does it matter?
2. In general, why do people purchase MTO shoes? They seem to be the same price as custom, so why not just do it custom and make your own?

Cantaloupe

Reaction score

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the helpful responses! It looks like it's a true brown without any strong undertones. Interesting that to my eye @George Red armagnac is a smidge darker than @stook1 and closer to the dark armagnac that @oskrusa shows but it may just be the lighting in the pics. For those that have armagnac, have your shoes darkened any over time with wear?

You guys have been so helpful I think I'm going to throw a couple other questions your way :)
1. For my jumper boot custom order I think I'm going to get dainite soles. Should I get single or double soles, or does it matter?
2. In general, why do people purchase MTO shoes? They seem to be the same price as custom, so why not just do it custom and make your own?

I would agree with the others here - Armagnac is very definitely brown. I will take some snaps of my Jumper boots in Armagnac on a Double Natural Storm Welted Victory Sole when I get home tomorrow.

dave_rawitat

Reaction score
Yes It is

Cool! I've never MTO anything with Kid leather! Maybe I'd do with my next pair!
Most of my MTOs have kid-lining though.

Wow nice! I didn't know kid leather can look so sturdy. The more posts I see here, I'm getting to know about kid leather.

Kid leather is pretty soft, supple, and crease very easily. It creases as soon as anything touch it. I have two pairs (from existing RTW collection). It's very comfortable that I can wear it and do an 7-hours standing-lecture (I do lecture, which I stand most of the time, and walking across the front of the room, writing boards). It also has pretty nice, soft-shine. Worth looking into :)

DSCF3405.jpg

DSC_5119.jpg

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score

1. Personal preference. Double is just a little more chunky looking and more likely than not slightly less flexible. On a jumper boot I'd go with double.

2. Just terminology difference. Same thing.

dave_rawitat

Reaction score

If you mean MTO in general, it’s the same as customization. But if you mean “MTO” from a menu option on Carmina’s website, it’s actually a GMTO (Group MTO).

From what I see, is that
1. Some models are not available in customization tool.
2. Some people might not want to configure things if what they like is already pre-configured in that list.

I never order anything from the (G)MTO page though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads