• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my GMTO punched captor with tomir sole. I tooK a picture to see if the leather is normal and nothing to worry about, thoughts?

These haven't been worn yet. This is put of the box. I know they'll crease anyways, just wanted to make sure they it's not a defect that'll cause any problems (toe box and lacing spots)

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GYW PTBs today. Love these babies!

Last edited:

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got my GMTO punched captor with tomir sole. I tooK a picture to see if the leather is normal and nothing to worry about, thoughts?
These haven't been worn yet. This is put of the box. I know they'll crease anyways, just wanted to make sure they it's not a defect that'll cause any problems (toe box and lacing spots)

Did they come with the laces in at least the bottom eyelets to make those marks or did you put them in and tighten them? Leather looks fine.

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did they come with the laces in at least the bottom eyelets to make those marks or did you put them in and tighten them? Leather looks fine.
They came laced that tightly and I just took the laces out for a quick waxing to protect them. Haven't put them on yet

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I don't usually see them come laced all the way up, but those are marks you'll get from wearing the shoes. No damage/harm done. Enjoy the new shoes :fistbump:

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Carmina x GYW Navy Shell Jodhpurs. Think I'll call these my "Blue Moon" Jodhpurs. :) That's probably how often a chance for these will come around. Need to get some pictures of them in natural light tomorrow.

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a real purdy unicorn you have there! Part of me wishes I had pulled the trigger on these, but most of these is glad, due to how tight a fit rain is for me.

Congrats of the boots, they're gorgeous.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

By blue moon I mean how often Carmina makes them, not how often I'll be wearing them. :)

Congrats my man, I all most went on this but, didn't because I wanted the buckle to tilt downwards. Any how lovely jodhpur, how is the fit? Did you take your regular rain size or went down half from your rain size?

Last edited:

beepbop

Reaction score

Just got these in! I am insanely excited. The shell feels a little thinner than my Alden 975's, and the fit is somewhere in between my suede chelseas and my 905 calf chukkas. The toebox is nice and snug, but there is a little bit of heel slip which should go away with wear.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats my man, I all most went on this but, didn't because I wanted the buckle to tilt downwards. Any how lovely jodhpur, how is the fit? Did you take your regular rain size or went down half from your rain size?

Fit is great. I size down a half for my rain boots (10.5US to 9UK). I had another pair of black calf jodhpurs (also a Carmina x GYW reddit GMTO) in size 9UK which fit like a dream. My fox suede chelseas on rain in 9.5UK are loose unless I wear thick wool socks (doh). These fit just like my black calf jodhpurs. Will be interesting to see how they hold up, especially the strap (as I hear shell has some issues with that). But I believe the strap is lined with calf to help.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just got these in! I am insanely excited. The shell feels a little thinner than my Alden 975's, and the fit is somewhere in between my suede chelseas and my 905 calf chukkas. The toebox is nice and snug, but there is a little bit of heel slip which should go away with wear.

All aboard the navy shell jodhpur train? :)

I have to say these are really cool, and the leather is pretty fantastic. Lots of depth of color, and looks almost green indoors.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pennsy