• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can’t hate on the feel-good story for Charlie, though. The race itself, we could have just hit the “sim” button on

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sky team was trying to drum up some fake excitement talking about how the front 4 might want to pit for new tires. Like Ferrari is ever going to pit from the lead again in Monaco after what happened a few years ago.
Even i was surprised by that.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
giphy.gif

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Perez v Kmag: Racing incident, very similar to Ricciardo in Japan. Perez changed “lanes” on a restart without knowing there was no car there. Hulk pretty unlucky.

Ocon v Gasly: Racing incident, but one Gasly could/should have prevented. Ocon was all the way up the inside, and Gasly tried to ride around the outside. That is a low-percentage choice at Monaco. Bruno Famin’s anger is just confirmation that Ocon wasn’t going to get a contract extension at Alpine anyway.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If McLaren couldn't win it, I'm happy to see LeClerc take it.

That being said, they have to do something about the track. It's just ridiculous at this point. You had the 2 through 4 cars within a second of each other for large parts of the race, yet not a single overtake. Can you imagine what this race would have been like if there were even two or three overtake areas? It could have been an all time epic F1 race. Instead, it was just another Monte Carlo Parade.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It was so dumb how the Sky team was trying to drum up some excitement about how cars 1-4 could potentially pit because of worn out tires. No one is pitting to give up track position. Daniel Ricciardo proved this a few years ago when he won with a busted MGU and no one could overtake him.

Only overtake was done by Bottas and the announcing team was like "Can it be!? An actual on track overtake!"

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was so dumb how the Sky team was trying to drum up some excitement about how cars 1-4 could potentially pit because of worn out tires. No one is pitting to give up track position. Daniel Ricciardo proved this a few years ago when he won with a busted MGU and no one could overtake him.

Only overtake was done by Bottas and the announcing team was like "Can it be!? An actual on track overtake!"
Didn't Ocon ever so briefly overtake??

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fred knew that was coming.

And if LEC didn’t do it first, Fred would be the one pushing him in

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also, whether Ocon was at fault or not, he’s been driving like an ass his whole career, so he gets no sympathy from me

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And here I was thinking that was an exciting race… for Monaco. Mostly, I’m excited that there is some real competition for the championships.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If McLaren couldn't win it, I'm happy to see LeClerc take it.

That being said, they have to do something about the track. It's just ridiculous at this point. You had the 2 through 4 cars within a second of each other for large parts of the race, yet not a single overtake. Can you imagine what this race would have been like if there were even two or three overtake areas? It could have been an all time epic F1 race. Instead, it was just another Monte Carlo Parade.
Monaco might be where its evidenced the most, but the problem is the cars being so huge these days. I think they should make them 30% smaller in the next formula if they really want to see racing and stop half of the tracks being a procession. Lets go back to the 2005 ish sized cars and see some driving!

Schwazer

Reaction score

Norris had half a chance to pit when he had about 20 secs on Russell to "try" something but even with fresher tyres, he wasn't going to past Sainz.

Bottas overtake on Sargeant... amazing... :laugh:

Schwazer

Reaction score
Also, whether Ocon was at fault or not, he’s been driving like an ass his whole career, so he gets no sympathy from me

Ocon's fault.

As Brundle said you don't do that to your team mate at Portier especially on the first lap.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elstir2024