• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wooksb

Reaction score
All aboard the navy shell jodhpur train? :)

I have to say these are really cool, and the leather is pretty fantastic. Lots of depth of color, and looks almost green indoors.

Decided not to board the damn train at the last minute
baldy[1].gif
Did get on the navy shell LWB bus instead
biggrin.gif

beepbop

Reaction score
All aboard the navy shell jodhpur train? :)

I have to say these are really cool, and the leather is pretty fantastic. Lots of depth of color, and looks almost green indoors.
All aboard indeed. :)

Mine actually look almost black indoors, which was the exact effect I was hoping for. I'm looking forward to wearing them tomorrow, provided that tonight's snowfall melts.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Decided not to board the damn train at the last minute
baldy%5B1%5D.gif
 Did get on the navy shell LWB bus instead :D

That bus should be pulling up to the stop in a few weeks!

Sactogeoff

Reaction score
I was pretty excited to see the FedX guy this morning! Brown, dark brown chromexcel, burgundy & black betls. These things are well made and worth every cent. They are also very simple to shorten. I recommend sizing up just to be safe and then trimming them back after wearing them a few times. The web site said "shipping in 30days" but like most things with "artisan" manufacturers, it took a bit longer. Which I expected. Couldn't be happier with the finished product though! I once waited 9mos for a bicycle frame from Italy so another 20days for some belts it nothing.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, those are awfully big boxes for belts! It would be nice to see the belts too, and not just the boxes, though. ;)

Sactogeoff

Reaction score
I can upload some photos of the belts if anyone is interested. The Carmina site has better images than I could make. For scale of the boxes. All 4 of those fit inside of one shoe box. But they come with nice bags, similar to shoe bags but smaller. Good for storage or travel and a nice unexpected bonus.

urban

Reaction score
I have a number of Carmina belts and love them. I was wondering how you shorten them. @Sactogeoff .
Thanks.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was pretty excited to see the FedX guy this morning! Brown, dark brown chromexcel, burgundy & black betls. These things are well made and worth every cent.  

I've never really checked out their belts before as I usually just buy from Equus, but I think I'm going to have to get that Polo suede belt. I'd rather not have to deal with shortening though. Does the sizing seem accurate?

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a number of Carmina belts and love them. I was wondering how you shorten them. @Sactogeoff .
Thanks.

Just take out the screw that holds the buckle and shorten the strap. You will likely have to punch a new hole for the screw. Pics should explain it pretty well.

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never really checked out their belts before as I usually just buy from Equus, but I think I'm going to have to get that Polo suede belt. I'd rather not have to deal with shortening though. Does the sizing seem accurate?

No, they run small IME.

Sactogeoff

Reaction score
Bakes beat me to it but here ya go. 1st belt is burgundy - 2nd is chromexcel (dark brown)- 3rd is brown - 4th is black. 2nd photo shows the belt end. Which is a simple removable end. 3rd photo shows how the pieces are fit together. I read in a few places to order up 1 size. And considering the effort and shipping I decided to go up 1 size from my own measurements knowing I could easily shorten if necessary. But there is no way to make them longer (obviously) without an exchange. Which is a pain in the...

urban

Reaction score
Thanks @Bakes11771

The photos made it very clear. I had to sell my first few belts as i ordered them too short. But i think i got my sizing pat on now. If i ever lose weight (!!!), the belt shortening information will come in handy.

ellsbebc

Reaction score

To quantify, just measured my polo suede belt. It is size 90 (36) and measures 34" from buckle to center (third) hole.

Last edited:

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To quantify, just measured my polo suede belt.  It is size 90 (36) and measures 34" from buckle to center (third) hole.

Thanks, that helps a lot. With belts isn't the rule your trouser size +2"? So if you have wear a 34" waist you need a belt 36" to the center hole. If Carmina's 36" is only 34" to the center hole that's really small. If you wear a 34" waist you'd need to order a 38" or something in Carmina, right? Or am I messing this up?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArthurKelly651