• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kurdo

Reaction score
Speaking of old school 5 series. E39 540/6.
View attachment 2201591

Just returned from watching "Two-Lane Blacktop" in the cinema (road movie from the 70s, American muscle cars) and find you guys also talking cars :D.

To be honest, I'm not really a "car guy" myself (not much use for one where I live anyway), but if I ever escape the city, I'd love to own an old school American car or truck. I think they are underappreciated and look much better than their European contemporaries – and for sure a rare sight in the Netherlands!

Vinnievh92

Reaction score
Awesome Kurdo (I forgot to quote you). That jacket is beautiful. I hope they bring out something similar in the future. The detailing on front and on the sleeves is great.

Vinnievh92

Reaction score
Just returned from watching "Two-Lane Blacktop" in the cinema (road movie from the 70s, American muscle cars) and find you guys also talking cars :D.

To be honest, I'm not much of a car guy myself (not much use for one where I live anyway), but if I ever escape the city, I'd love to own an old school American car or truck. I think they are underappreciated – and for sure a rare sight in the Netherlands!
I live in Friesland and I see more and more pickups driving around here. Mostly new Rams, but from time to time a F150. However there are two old Chevy pickups driving around here. A beautiful yellow one with a lot of Texas stickers on it and a blue / silver one.

kurdo

Reaction score
Awesome Kurdo (I forgot to quote you). That jacket is beautiful. I hope they bring out something similar in the future. The detailing on front and on the sleeves is great.
I just checked ; I paid 1680 euros back in December 2023.

I remember checking the stock on this one because I did not want to miss out. I also remember they still had many in stock after I received mine, I wonder what they did with their overstock (I assume it did not sell out because it just disappeared one day).

The embroidery is subtle enough. I especially like the cut on this jacket! Very modern (slim fit) cut!

Vinnievh92

Reaction score
I just checked ; I paid 1680 euros back in December 2023.

I remember checking the stock on this one because I did not want to miss out. I also remember they still had many in stock after I received mine, I wonder what they did with their overstock (I assume it did not sell out because it just disappeared one day).

The embroidery is subtle enough. I especially like the cut on this jacket! Very modern (slim fit) cut!
That is a nice deal, especially with where it started.

I'm actually doing the same with the leather jacket I want to buy 🤣. I don't really mind paying full price for it, but if I bought it in the last two weeks and see it go down with 600 euro two weeks later, I would feel like I wasted that money. So I'm checking the stock multiple times a day and either get it with 30% off this week when I expect new styles to be added or just buy it full price and get it over with.

kurdo

Reaction score
That is a nice deal, especially with where it started.

I'm actually doing the same with the leather jacket I want to buy 🤣. I don't really mind paying full price for it, but if I bought it in the last two weeks and see it go down with 600 euro two weeks later, I would feel like I wasted that money. So I'm checking the stock multiple times a day and either get it with 30% off this week when I expect new styles to be added or just buy it full price and get it over with.
Almost always worth it to wait for a sale, unless you have a popular jeans or boot size that is likely to sell out!

I also need to learn to control my FOMO. I have too many clothes (especially jeans, I tend to stick one or two pairs for months on end) that I have not/barely worn yet 🙃

Cor3yy

Reaction score
IMG_1950.jpeg
IMG_1951.jpeg

I popped the tooled leather watch strap onto my 38mm this weekend. I had to punch an extra hole (that I’ll eventually stain) due to string bean wrists, but otherwise smooth sailing. RRL checked blazer and white twill shirt.

Vinnievh92

Reaction score
Almost always worth it to wait for a sale, unless you have a popular jeans or boot size that is likely to sell out!

I also need to learn to control my FOMO. I have too many clothes (especially jeans, I tend to stick one or two pairs for months on end) that I have not/barely worn yet 🙃
I have not been collecting RRL that long so I have quite some things I still really want in my wardrobe. That makes waiting for sales difficult, although I've got a good rotation of webshops to check for sales earlier in the season, Cultizm being a big one.

Then again, part of the fun is also the enjoyment I get with the new collections and buying the products I really want. Even if I don't need them. It allows me to keep the old pieces good for longer and hopefully enjoy them for many years more.

kurdo

Reaction score
I have not been collecting RRL that long so I have quite some things I still really want in my wardrobe. That makes waiting for sales difficult, although I've got a good rotation of webshops to check for sales earlier in the season, Cultizm being a big one.

Then again, part of the fun is also the enjoyment I get with the new collections and buying the products I really want. Even if I don't need them. It allows me to keep the old pieces good for longer and hopefully enjoy them for many years more.
I am also quite new to RRL (look when I registered; registered to ask a question on this forum IIRC). Learned a lot about the brand, other similar brands, and fashion in general thanks to the people here! I recognize myself in what you're saying ; I have also been hoarding like crazy because I feel like I have to catch up — time's running out for RRL based on some stories/theories I have read here 😜

Vinnievh92

Reaction score
I am also quite new to RRL (look when I registered; registered to ask a question on this forum IIRC). Learned a lot about the brand, other similar brands, and fashion in general thanks to the people here! I recognize myself in what you're saying ; I have also been hoarding like crazy because I feel like I have to catch up — time's running out for RRL based on some stories/theories I have read here 😜
Do people still feel as if RRL will be discontinued when the big man dies or leaves the company? I've went back to a lot of older posts and saw it written more than once.

I have no idea how things were in the past, but if I look at the amount of products in the collection, the amount of third party resellers, the amount of RRL stores around the world and the quality of the marketing and campaigns, it feels as if the brand is in a rather good place.
One thing about RRL is they repeat design a lot. So if you miss something one season there’s a good chance they’ll offer a slight variation sooner or later.

Of course I’m still waiting for this one to return.
That is good news. That koi print is very cool and unique indeed.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh man. A manual M3. An E46? What a dream car that is.

I've seen Chris Harris praise the M2 a lot and that is one guy I trust having fun with cars. I also think it looks a lot more like the classic BMW's than the newer M3's. Too bad it is above my current paygrade and that those kind of cars are extremely expensive in the Netherlands with how our tax system works with regard to cars. Current M3 starts at 140K euro.

Afraid not; mine was an E90, the V-8

IMG_5745.jpeg

noretailplease

Reaction score
One thing about RRL is they repeat design a lot. So if you miss something one season there’s a good chance they’ll offer a slight variation sooner or later.

I have this! I paid full retail for it. There are matching espadrilles, too, but not faded. The fading = king.

kurdo

Reaction score

That's a very cool shirt! Would have definitely copped if I was around during its season.

What are other RRL pieces from past seasons you guys are after, or just like a lot?

This is one of mine (mentioned it before & I remember you @zippyh stating having it):

RRLFW21039_a_1110x.progressive_jpg(1).jpg

I reckon it must be very difficult to print on a roughout suede jacket...

Would be amazing if they did something similar ... and made it indigo...

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bryn2alle