• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Choosing shoes to fit with relaxed jeans

hssspoks

Reaction score
Hey, so I'm making a slow transition from a skinny/slim jean era to a more relaxed fit. I already got slim straights which are great. Thanks to the people here who helped with the fit. Then I found this Lee's West-model which they call straight relaxed and I love the silhouette.

1. Getting home I began wondering if they will be versatile with leather boots, derbys, anything besides sneakers. My goal is to build a capsule wardrobe. I've never cuffed jeans (picture 2) but would this be the only way to make them fit with leather shoes?
  2. I like to have my shoes visible (picture 3) and these jeans flow over them if not cuffed (picture 1). Is this correct fit and it's just a style choice? Can I get them shortened by tailor to keep the relaxed fit but also highlight the shoes I choose?

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG

TheIronDandy

Reaction score
I think suede chukkas might be the most versatile shoes I own. They go with everything from flannel trousers (harder to pull off) to indigo denim (pretty much optimal).

hssspoks

Reaction score
They look great and are suppose to go over the shoes. All illustrated ways of wearing are good. Congrats on the style journey wins so far!

Consider suede chukkas, suede or pebble grain plain toe blutchers, or derby boots for footwear.
I think suede chukkas might be the most versatile shoes I own. They go with everything from flannel trousers (harder to pull off) to indigo denim (pretty much optimal).

Hey thanks a lot!

I want to try out those suede chukkas next. But I couldn't find many pictures online that mixed relaxed jeans with jeans without cuffing them so I'm going to have to try it out myself.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know Lee calls them 'relaxed' but on the whole spectrum from skinny to wide, they're not very wide at all. I wouldn't overthink it. You can wear them with sneakers, casual boots, and casual derbys. Whether to cuff, let them stack, or have them hemmed is your choice.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArthurKelly651