• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

marc roberto

Reaction score

cdgreg

Reaction score
My post office stopped offering tape for priority, even at the desk they will tell you to buy. I think it was a money-saving decision across the country.
Can't blame them, I used that tape for quite a few college dorm moves lol

Lirum

Reaction score
Great lighting, looks like a good setup to me.

Thanks! It hasn't been until the last 3-4 tweeds that I've liked the outcome.

Quote:

I don't understand the wattage numbers, but a 5000K light on any lamp will give 5000K temp. No worries about the lamp it's screwed into. Edit: oh wow, wattage is obvious

Last edited:

Lirum

Reaction score
My post office stopped offering tape for priority, even at the desk they will tell you to buy. I think it was a money-saving decision across the country.

Can't blame them, I used that tape for quite a few college dorm moves lol

I still am amazed they give boxes for free. Sure it encourages more expensive flat rates, but damn.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Was just looking at those, I'm guessing these bulbs will fit into any type of fixture (lamp etc), are your clip lights equivalent W and temp?

Standard socket... Only 40w.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't understand the wattage numbers, but a 5000K light on any lamp will give 5000K temp. No worries about the lamp it's screwed into. Edit: oh wow, wattage is obvious

Go by two factors. Lumens (output) and color. Color 5000k minimum. 6500k if you can.

In an incandescent world, watts mattered because it's how most of us shopped for light output.

Now a 60w incandescent might produce the same output as a 7 watt LCD or a 14 watt cfl. So you need a bunch of lumens. Be nice if a photo pro made some recommendations here.

namdaemun

Reaction score
Here's a fun (not really) case:

Buyer purchased this sportcoat from me last weekend. Package arrived today, and he opened a case at 2:24 pm stating that the jacket is a 42R rather than a 44R. Pictures on the auction don't show the whole size tag, but you can see that the last number in the size is a 4, so the tagged size is obviously either a 34, 44, or 54. In the description the tagged size is stated as 44R, please see measurements below.

Here's where I start getting really pissed off. I usually don't do my ebay stuff until after my daughter's bedtime, as I work a full-time day job, have an hour commute each way, and don't get to spend a lot of time with the kiddo. Remember - the case was opened at 2:24 pm. This is about to become a very relevant detail. Dissatisfied with how long it was taking me to answer (not quite 5 hours at that point) the buyer started googling my last name and cold calling anyone that was close to a match. At 7:15 (approx) he ended up calling my 75-year-old father WHO LIVES IN A DIFFERENT FRIGGIN CITY AND HAS A DIFFERENT FIRST NAME and voicing his complaints about the transaction thus far.

So, although I have 48 hours to respond per the ebay resolution system, this guy has taken it upon himself to hunt me down less than 5 hours after opening his case, and bothering random family members of mine. Thought I'd share here and get some advice before I call eBay customer service in a righteous rage...

WHOA!!!

What's his ebay handle b/c I'm going to instablock

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go by two factors. Lumens (output) and color. Color 5000k minimum. 6500k if you can.

In an incandescent world, watts mattered because it's how most of us shopped for light output.

Now a 60w incandescent might produce the same output as a 7 watt LCD or a 14 watt cfl. So you need a bunch of lumens. Be nice if a photo pro made some recommendations here.
Sweet, I think I understood some of those words.
lol8[1].gif

Lirum

Reaction score
What I can't figure is how to shoot navy or black things against a white background without really ramping up exposure, which kills any lighter colors. A black suit with good detail is always paired with a horribly blown out white shirt for me. I can fix it in post, but I don't like adding extra steps and time towards correcting photos. Especially when each shot is a subjective fiddling with levels or curves.

This for instance:

This was a couple months ago, so the white balance is off, and goddamnit there's **** on the lens too, but it's a good example. I want to be able to have this definition in the jacket but also not completely lose my shirt. Oh, and I want to do this without going the HDR route.

edit: oh holy ****, THAT'S the purpose of a grey card!

edit2: damnit, actually no that won't give me a higher range

Last edited:

cdgreg

Reaction score
For those who post ties with a knot, such as Spoo's here:

Are you tieing this on your body and then putting it onto the table? Or do you have some type of fancy in the hand quick knot? I tried searching youtube but just come across a bunch of windsor type stuff.

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those who post ties with a knot, such as Spoo's here:

Are you tieing this on your body and then putting it onto the table? Or do you have some type of fancy in the hand quick knot? I tried searching youtube but just come across a bunch of windsor type stuff.
Someone linked their youtube video here if you can find it. I believe it was brianpore.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads