Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

Its a nice jacket. Not my size or I'd bid on it. Just went back an re-read Spoo's post 5140 on putting key words in the title and you've got most of them. If you take out Lagerfield, what do you add? Made in USA? Premium Fabric?

2. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

Minor point, but I prefer to leave a jacket unbuttoned on a hanger. Unbutton it, let the front overlap with the button side on top. You get somewhat the same look but it slims the jacket and it takes away that fold in the middle.

3. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

(edit: quoted wrong poster - was for jgill79...)
    30+ views ain't all that bad for a blazer among a sea of tens of thousands, without the blazer being a Kiton and the seller not being a Spoo. Personally I have no expectations, just hopes.
    Made in USA does appeal to some buyers. As does a blurb about condition being "excellent" or "flawless" &c.
    Noticed you have the Country of Manufacture as France, but it's clearly made in the USA from that UNITE label.
    Sometimes an item gets views, sometimes it doesn't until you relist it and suddenly for some reason there is more interest - eBay is a fickle mistress.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013

4. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

I just reposted it in the eBay selling forum and here, so the views have bumped up quite a bit in the last couple hours. It was 3 before I did that. Oh well! Ii appreciate all the input from everyone, though! Thanks for calling out the "France" problem.
    [​IMG]

5. SeaJen

SeaJen Senior member

Hickey Freeman doesnt get a lot of love, which isnt helping you. Furthermore, the vast majority of HF stuff on ebay is single vented and buyers know that, so I would stick dual or side vent in the title somewhere - it is much more desirable.
    You should do whatever you can to make your main photo look good. Make it brighter, get it in focus. The jacket looks to be very nice, but the low gorge and fish-mouthy notch make it look a bit dated though.

6. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

Does anyone know where the Gallery Plus option went? I can't find it anywhere when I'm starting a listing

7. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

On the review page. There is a drop down arrow now with all the extras including the listing preview.

8. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

Hmm. I looked there but all i see is

Subtitle
    Bold Title
    International / UK

9. jreigen

jreigen Senior member

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013

10. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/gallery-upgrade.html

How to upgrade

To upgrade to Gallery Plus, go to the second page of the Sell Your Item form, "Review your listing." It's under the "Maximize your listing's visibility" section. You can upgrade when you first create your listing, or later.

11. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

12. jreigen

jreigen Senior member

I bought it for myself from Nordstrom Rack with the tags on it. I don't deal in thrifted clothing. The only NWOT that I sell is stuff from my closet that I know for a fact has never been worn/washed etc.

13. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

Hmmm I went to check as well and it isn't there, then I looked at my listings and all of my clothing listings have it. I didn't add it, so must have been free as part of the 1000000 free listings?

[​IMG]

Isn't that little magnifying glass what you are looking for? Maybe it was automatic for me at least, but it is only my clothing that has this I have a few other things in other categories that don't.

14. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Wow that sucks, can eBay do anything about his claims? more-so, did they enforce you to perform any further actions?

15. Fueco

Fueco Senior member