• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Jabba.

Its a nice jacket. Not my size or I'd bid on it. Just went back an re-read Spoo's post 5140 on putting key words in the title and you've got most of them. If you take out Lagerfield, what do you add? Made in USA? Premium Fabric?

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is not getting the views I expected. Any suggestions to get them up? I know the pictures could be significantly better, but they are no worse than any others I've taken, and those have all gotten lots of hits. It's really a nice jacket:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271281770823?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649

Minor point, but I prefer to leave a jacket unbuttoned on a hanger. Unbutton it, let the front overlap with the button side on top. You get somewhat the same look but it slims the jacket and it takes away that fold in the middle.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its a nice jacket. Not my size or I'd bid on it. Just went back an re-read Spoo's post 5140 on putting key words in the title and you've got most of them. If you take out Lagerfield, what do you add? Made in USA? Premium Fabric?

(edit: quoted wrong poster - was for jgill79...)
30+ views ain't all that bad for a blazer among a sea of tens of thousands, without the blazer being a Kiton and the seller not being a Spoo. Personally I have no expectations, just hopes.
Made in USA does appeal to some buyers. As does a blurb about condition being "excellent" or "flawless" &c.
Noticed you have the Country of Manufacture as France, but it's clearly made in the USA from that UNITE label.
Sometimes an item gets views, sometimes it doesn't until you relist it and suddenly for some reason there is more interest - eBay is a fickle mistress.

Last edited:

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(edit: quoted wrong poster - was for jgill79...)
30+ views ain't all that bad for a blazer among a sea of tens of thousands, without the blazer being a Kiton and the seller not being a Spoo. Personally I have no expectations, just hopes.
Made in USA does appeal to some buyers. As does a blurb about condition being "excellent" or "flawless" &c.
Noticed you have the Country of Manufacture as France, but it's clearly made in the USA from that UNITE label.
Sometimes an item gets views, sometimes it doesn't until you relist it and suddenly for some reason there is more interest - eBay is a fickle mistress.

I just reposted it in the eBay selling forum and here, so the views have bumped up quite a bit in the last couple hours. It was 3 before I did that. Oh well! Ii appreciate all the input from everyone, though! Thanks for calling out the "France" problem.
smile.gif

SeaJen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just reposted it in the eBay selling forum and here, so the views have bumped up quite a bit in the last couple hours. It was 3 before I did that. Oh well! Ii appreciate all the input from everyone, though! Thanks for calling out the "France" problem.
smile.gif

Hickey Freeman doesnt get a lot of love, which isnt helping you. Furthermore, the vast majority of HF stuff on ebay is single vented and buyers know that, so I would stick dual or side vent in the title somewhere - it is much more desirable.
You should do whatever you can to make your main photo look good. Make it brighter, get it in focus. The jacket looks to be very nice, but the low gorge and fish-mouthy notch make it look a bit dated though.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where the Gallery Plus option went? I can't find it anywhere when I'm starting a listing

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

On the review page. There is a drop down arrow now with all the extras including the listing preview.

Hmm. I looked there but all i see is

Subtitle
Bold Title
International / UK

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

jreigen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How do you know it was NWOT?

I bought it for myself from Nordstrom Rack with the tags on it. I don't deal in thrifted clothing. The only NWOT that I sell is stuff from my closet that I know for a fact has never been worn/washed etc.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm I went to check as well and it isn't there, then I looked at my listings and all of my clothing listings have it. I didn't add it, so must have been free as part of the 1000000 free listings?

Isn't that little magnifying glass what you are looking for? Maybe it was automatic for me at least, but it is only my clothing that has this I have a few other things in other categories that don't.

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads