• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can an ebay buyer bypass the ebay global shipping program (or whatever it's called)? The duties are crazy high.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually it doesn't.

Same issue with Barney's. A $19 tie has $5 in duties + shipping.

Myhabit includes duties as well, and refunds if they over collect.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you are able to, please break down your results based on the type of stain remover used .

Indeed. Anything less would be unscientific.

Here are the tests I plan to run:

Water (control)
Weak Woolite solution soak
Strong Woolite solution soak
Woolite with enzyme stain remover pre-treat to waistband
Water with enzyme stain remover pre-treat to waistband
Woolite with detergent stain remover pre-treat to waistband
Water with detergent stain remover pre-treat to waistband
Woolite with Lanolin hand cleaner pre-treat to waistband
Water with lanolin hand cleaner pre-treat to waistband

I will not run the Oxy because the Great Zegna/Zanella/Red Knit Silk BB Tie Debacle of 2012 proved that the Oxy method is not color safe on wools and silks, especially red-based. (Note: I had no issue with the beige woolens I ran in that batch.) Since our goal is a system that removes the urine without ruining the trou, and we want it to be of general applicability, Oxy is out.

If you're counting along at home, this means I need no fewer than 9 pairs of wool trou, roughly equally soiled, that I'm willing to ruin (read: that cost me $1 or less). That could take me a while to amass, given that most GWs in my area charge on average $10 for all wool trou.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
You probably will have to soil them yourself. You know, for consistency's sake.

chiron

Reaction score

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'd love some feedback, trying a new front photo style for my shirts, suits and SCs. Let me know what you think

Last edited:

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'd love some feedback, trying a new front photo style for my shirts, suits and SCs. Let me know what you think (not sure why it's rotated...)

It looks good, I like the detail that it shows. I am not sure that it is legal ( Check the eBay picture standards they just started http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/sellingresources/picturestandards.html) or necessary. I think most people who find your suit will read the description below the picture anyway, so if Canali is the first word I think you are covered.

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks good, I like the detail that it shows. I am not sure that it is legal ( Check the eBay picture standards they just started http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/sellingresources/picturestandards.html) or necessary. I think most people who find your suit will read the description below the picture anyway, so if Canali is the first word I think you are covered.

Do you think it violates the policy if it's just minimizing a label photo that is also part of my listing and dropping it into the main one? I figured it was nice to see the label, especially when some of them show how old or new the garment is (think Zegna, HF etc)

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you think it violates the policy if it's just minimizing a label photo that is also part of my listing and dropping it into the main one? I figured it was nice to see the label, especially when some of them show how old or new the garment is (think Zegna, HF etc)

Not sure, I think you probably have way more experience than me on eBay. I just saw the example they gave for "No text or artwork in photo" and it looked kind of like yours. But you are right you aren't adding any non-essential information you are just juxtaposing two pictures of the suit so probably not a violation. It looks good to me, and I did a quick search of eBay and nobody else seems to be doing it. In my opinion though I wouldn't just because it draws the eyes away from the beautiful suit.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe a stupid question, maybe not. When listing waist size, do you measure them on the inside of the waist, or the outside? I button up the waist, lay them flat and measure to the outside and multiply 2x.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just had to check, almost every measurement comes out bigger than tagged on waist, and smaller than tagged on inseam (for dress pants). I get the inseam one, the waist must be, larger than tagged as a "feel good" thing. "Hey look, I fit into 34's, I'm going to McDonalds!"

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just had to check, almost every measurement comes out bigger than tagged on waist, and smaller than tagged on inseam (for dress pants).  I get the inseam one, the waist must be, larger than tagged as a "feel good" thing. "Hey look, I fit into 34's, I'm going to McDonalds!"

On wool trousers the measurements should correspond correctly with the tagged size unless alterations have been made...

Cotton will sometimes be different due to stretching and wearing (jeans, chinos). But a quick wash usually shrinks em back up to tagged size (unnecessary for selling, just a fyi)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads