• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stewie

Reaction score
so..back to problems....

Earlier I mentioned I had a bidder with zero feedback bidding on a pair of shoes...the same pair that I had to relist due to a non paying bidder....

Guess what...its the same guy and he won again! Now what???

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so..back to problems....

Earlier I mentioned I had a bidder with zero feedback bidding on a pair of shoes...the same pair that I had to relist due to a non paying bidder....

As I see it, you can either wait it out and see if he pays this time, or you can cancel his bid and sell to the second-highest bidder.

I'm pretty sure Ebay will back you up on this one, since you already won a payment not received case against the dude.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

so..back to problems....

Why didn't you put him on your Blocked Bidder list after the first non pay?

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I ship ties rolled up, wrapped in a piece of tissue type paper, inside a 4x4x4 box from ULINE. There is a 4x4x3 box available but I use the larger one because it will fit two ties if necessary. Of course these boxes can be nested to make a 4x4x8 if needed. IIRC the boxes cost between 30 and 40 cents each. I am not comfortable folding ties because of the possibility that they could be under a pile of stuff somewhere in the shipping process and could be creased.
+1

I ship mine rolled too, for the same reasons.

How do you get them so cheap through ULINE? Their per box price usually seems decent, but then the shipping cost blows that up. My supplier has them for about $0.50 each.

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Quote: Don't you guys use ebay daily???
crackup[1].gif

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great info, and timely.  . . . Does anyone have a "frequent cleaner's club"?  I asked my local cleaner, no luck, going to have to shop around.

We now have a critical mass of methods to begin running some experiments. I will start picking up some $1 pants in similar colors in all state of urinal disarray, and report results.

As to your question about cleaners, no frequent cleaners club, but I periodically run up a tab then pay my guy with thrifted clothing. He credits me market value and writes off my debt. Everybody wins: He's getting a great item at whatever his cleaning cost was (much lower than regular rates), and I only pay my thrifted cost.

+1

I ship mine rolled too, for the same reasons. 

I roll mine then double polly bag.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so..back to problems....

Yeah, don't forget to block non-payers. Send him a message, maybe he's just ignorant to how ebay works. If the $ is there, it's worth the time to make sure he pays this time.
We now have a critical mass of methods to begin running some experiments. I will start picking up some $1 pants in similar colors in all state of urinal disarray, and report results.

As to your question about cleaners, no frequent cleaners club, but I periodically run up a tab then pay my guy with thrifted clothing. He credits me market value and writes off my debt. Everybody wins: He's getting a great item at whatever his cleaning cost was (much lower than regular rates), and I only pay my thrifted cost.
I roll mine then double polly bag.
That's interesteing, I have to find a "guy" then. The place I have been going to is staffed with horrible non customer service oriented grumpy people.

chiron

Reaction score
If you are able to, please break down your results based on the type of stain remover used .

Enzyme (zout, shout, resolve...)

Concentrated Detergent (Tide stain release , ect...)

Oxygenated Bleach (oxiclean, oxy anything..)

Also for folks that do not have the time for the method on their collars. Fels-Naptha is an excellent bleach free alternative.

LINK

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Want to put a good word in for this seller for his reasonable international shipping (I don't know if he's on SF):

http://myworld.ebay.com/hamishmyboy?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

I recently won a NWT Tom Ford tie for $59 (!) from him.

Alot of times I get dinged with high shipping since I'm in Canada. But he only charged me $6 for the trouble.
Shipping prices from the US to Canada have come WAY down in the last 2 months, thanks to the UPS and Canadian Post now offering tracking on 1st class packages. I think I charge $9.99 to ship a tie to Canada, cost is a few bucks less, but it still beats the old way of $20+ (my cost) to ship with tracking.

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree. And vice versa. Canada Post now offers Tracked Packet for small packages under 2 pounds. Makes shirts and tie more economical to ship to the states. My only beef is that the actual cost of shipping now appears on the label, something that doesn't occur with Expedited Parcel.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads