• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When I use the lamp without the flash, everything is yellow.

What are you using to correct the white balance? I usually just shoot a gray card and then use that for WB. You can do it in camera (check your manual) or I usually do it as soon as I import into Lightroom. With the eye dropper tool in Lightroom click on the pic of the gray card to set the WB, then Sync all the pics in one step.

Gray card: http://www.amazon.com/DGK-Color-Too.../B007FH8MS8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369511233
Lightroom 4: http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-6516493.../B007BG9VLK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369511402
Lightroom is cheap right now because LR 5 will be out really soon. There's already a public beta if you want to try it. I don't think they've announced pricing though.

Last edited:

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So i picked up an Anderson and Sheppard tux, and I'm not sure what equivalent size to put it down as...

P2P - 23
Shoulder - 19
Sleeve - 24
Lenght BOC - 32
Waist at Button - 24

What is this, some sort of 44L with t-rex arms?

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Experienced guys, do you all use selling/listing software? Which is the best for you? I don't have a mac so no Garage sale :mad:

I have been using the online listing on ebay and it's not that bad but there's gotta be faster ways. I tried the turbo lister ... but it's exactly like the online lister but offline. With my wife, we list like 30 items a week.

Thanks

I've asked this before and the answer I got was "get a mac."
So I bought my wife an iPad with credit card points for a combined birthday/Mother's Day/Thanks for not dying while giving birth to our third gift. I plan to convert to Garage Sale soon.
Up till now I've used Excel to track inventory/profit etc. and Ebay"s "sell similar" feature. I also have to say: the new interface for importing photos from another website is WAAAAY easier. You have to enable that feature under "add remove options" in the picture section. But it means I can have the add photo window open side by side with the ebay listing window Photobucket window, cut and paste the link and then edit the photo, all in the interface. So much easier.

So i picked up an Anderson and Sheppard tux, and I'm not sure what equivalent size to put it down as...

P2P - 23
Shoulder - 19
Sleeve - 24
Lenght BOC - 32
Waist at Button - 24

And narrow shoulders; 44 is usually reliably 20" shoulders (even in non-1990s/MC Hammer stuff). You've discovered why this guy has is suits custom made.

Last edited:

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And narrow shoulders; 44 is usually reliably 20" shoulders (even in non-1990s/MC Hammer stuff). You've discovered why this guy has is suits custom made.

Sigh. I was a bit worried about that when picking it up. The dude is filthy rich so I was hoping it was more a case of money to burn (as this thing is minty fresh and looks like it was hardly worn) rather than hard to fit, but couldn't tell till I got home and pulled out the tape...

jpc9

Reaction score
Maybe someone here can help with some minor confusion.

I won an auction 90 min ago as the only bidder on something that should have sold for far more than my bid. 30 min after the end of the auction, the seller re-listed the item before I had a chance to pay. There was no reserve price on the item.

I just paid for the item and the guy hasn't returned my message or taken the new listing down. This guy isn't a power seller - he has 3 other items listed - and I'm not sure why he relisted something that sold and I paid for less than two hours after the end of the auction. Help? I buy and sell on Ebay at least weekly and this is the first time something like this has happened.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

So I bought my wife an iPad for a ...Thanks for not dying while giving birth to our third gift.

This should be sigged.

Kroaker

Reaction score
Maybe someone here can help with some minor confusion.

I won an auction 90 min ago as the only bidder on something that should have sold for far more than my bid. 30 min after the end of the auction, the seller re-listed the item before I had a chance to pay. There was no reserve price on the item.

I just paid for the item and the guy hasn't returned my message or taken the new listing down. This guy isn't a power seller - he has 3 other items listed - and I'm not sure why he relisted something that sold and I paid for less than two hours after the end of the auction. Help? I buy and sell on Ebay at least weekly and this is the first time something like this has happened.
He may have multiple numbers of the item. If you win the auction, it is yours.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

What are you using to correct the white balance? I usually just shoot a gray card and then use that for WB. You can do it in camera (check your manual) or I usually do it as soon as I import into Lightroom. With the eye dropper tool in Lightroom click on the pic of the gray card to set the WB, then Sync all the pics in one step.

Gray card: http://www.amazon.com/DGK-Color-Too.../B007FH8MS8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369511233
Lightroom 4: http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-6516493.../B007BG9VLK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369511402
Lightroom is cheap right now because LR 5 will be out really soon. There's already a public beta if you want to try it. I don't think they've announced pricing though.

Thanks for such helpful info!

As of now...nothing :embar: Previously, I was making the effort. I'm using a Sony Alpha A100 and cracked the screen awhile back and haven't had it fixed. One fatal flaw about the Sony Alpha series is that all menu controls need the LCD to make selections, unlike a Nikon.

Rather than repair it, I may just opt for a new camera.

Thanks again, I'll report back after I've done a bit of research!

green_machine

Reaction score
Experienced guys, do you all use selling/listing software? Which is the best for you? I don't have a mac so no Garage sale :mad:

I have been using the online listing on ebay and it's not that bad but there's gotta be faster ways. I tried the turbo lister ... but it's exactly like the online lister but offline. With my wife, we list like 30 items a week.

Thanks

I've asked this before and the answer I got was "get a mac."
So I bought my wife an iPad with credit card points for a combined birthday/Mother's Day/Thanks for not dying while giving birth to our third gift. I plan to convert to Garage Sale soon.
Up till now I've used Excel to track inventory/profit etc. and Ebay"s "sell similar" feature. I also have to say: the new interface for importing photos from another website is WAAAAY easier. You have to enable that feature under "add remove options" in the picture section. But it means I can have the add photo window open side by side with the ebay listing window Photobucket window, cut and paste the link and then edit the photo, all in the interface. So much easier.

P2P - 23
Shoulder - 19
Sleeve - 24
Lenght BOC - 32
Waist at Button - 24

Damn, I just bought a new laptop

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The latest update to the ebay mobile app will no longer let you update any items that are listed in two categories. The app only loads the primary category, so when you go in to lower the price on a BIN item, for example, it thinks you're also trying to remove the second category. It gives you can error saying "cannot remove second category." I hope they fix this soon, I manage the prices of all my BIN auctions through my phone.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody have issues with ordering boxes online and not getting anything delivered ever?

And damn Put This On delivers a ton of hits, like 800 in one day :slayer:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads