1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

The seller may not have had enough in his account to cover the refund and the money would then have to be transferred from his bank account.

2. dexconstruct

dexconstruct Senior member

Sold a NWT Dior Homme skinny tie. Mentioned that it was skinny and 2 inches wide multiple times in the listing and the title. Now the buyer wants to return it because it doesn't fit. [​IMG]

It's a tie you dummy it fits everyone.

1 person likes this.
  3. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Lol, how long was it?

That's what she said.

4. chiron

chiron Senior member

5. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

Can you pan back and provide a photo of your set up?

6. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

So my HP Inkjet printer gave out after a couple years of using it heavily...

What would you guys recommend in terms of using a printer for the majority of prints going to shipping labels amongst the casual faxing/coping/printing.
    I dont need a color option, but do need an all in 1 because of the features listed above.

I'm leaning towards a laser printer only due to not having to deal with inkjet cartridges anymore, but rather a plain black toner cartridge. I like the fact that the toner wont dry, plus the ease of not having to worry about anymore color cartridges are a +.

Thoughts?

7. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

I have a Brother MFC 495. I'm sure they don't make it anymore. I've had it for several years and the thing is an absolute champ. Easily one of the only technology purchases I've ever made that I literally never regretted. If I had one complaint, it doesn't play well with my wife's iPad; the printing interface is an app and it's a bit balky. But otherwise it's awesome.

8. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Awesome! Sounds very similar to how my father feels about the Brother Laser Printer he uses! I'm troubled between a Brother and an HP, only due to the fact that I really enjoy the efax & eprint of an HP with my printer having its dedicated email address to access anywhere remotely. This will be my first Laser printer purchase, and I do want to make sure its worth while and efficient for eBay.

GMMcL, how have the toner replacements been for you? Have you replaced them with OEM only, or have you gone refurb? Prices? Last while?

9. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

I looked into the laser option a couple printers ago. The cost of the toner was about the same as a new inkjet. I buy an new printer about once every 2 years. The first HP I had lasted about 5 years and when I complained about it not lasting very long, the sales guy about fell on the floor when I told him the print count. He told me they are only supposed to last about a year.

10. stevent

stevent Senior member

Yeah I have a brother I bought for printing labels mostly. Not sure which model but it was $99 (half off at best buy) and its been perfect. Used a lot better printers before but value wise it's by far the best. Quick printing and fully wireless and easy to set up

11. sn0wman

sn0wman Senior member

A buyer just opened a case because he didn't receive a suit I sent him.

Tracking number says it was delivered 2 days after I shipped it.

Printed the shipping label from ebay and my receipt matches the confirmed paypal address and tracking number.

Just put all that into the tool.. Hope the ebay winds blow my way..

12. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

You should win the claim, but you should do your best to assist.

Some things to consider for claims like this.

Does the buyer live in an apartment? If so, most apartment buildings have a large parcel mail box. Many times the package is in there and they never got notified by the carrier.

I always suggest they try to contact the carrier. Usually they will remember their specific deliveries if you get a hold of them before too much time passes.

I had a similar case two days ago. Buyer cooperated, contacted the mail carrier. Contacted the post office. Package was delivered today....two days after it was scanned as delivered. Kicker is...He lived directly across the street form the P.O.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  13. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

The toner that came with the printer is the last OEM toner I've ever used. I bought non-name brand from Amazon. First traunche went really fast. The ones I'm on now seem to be holding up pretty well. Don't recall the seller, though. I just buy the lowest price ones. Oh, and the pricing is pretty good. I don't recall what I paid, but I just found a 12 pack on there for $7. That's pretty cheap.

14. sn0wman

sn0wman Senior member

Good thought. I just added somethings similar to my response.
    Thanks!

15. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

LASER!
    I have a couple Brothers (edit - BROTHER LASER PRINTERS) at the office, not a fan of the interface, but have no problems. Use that HP4 tank I mentioned before for all my labels at home. Epson color laser at home for everything else. All lasers, haven't used an inkjet for years now. If it's going to be dedicated to labels, get a black only Laser, much faster (generally) and many fewer moving parts.

16. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

You can't print a shipping label because we're performing maintenance. Please try again after 3:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time.
    [​IMG]

17. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Upgraded lights and mannequin are paying off - had a Burberry blazer listed BINOBO for $74 with some watchers but ended with no bites. Got the lights & mannequin, re-shot and re-listed the same blazer, sold BIN for $97. Sold another blazer that I'd listed numerous times with no interest before - sold BIN pretty quick with the new setup. Have to attribute both to the lights and mannequin - just looked 10x better. Anyone considering an upgrade who has not done so, do eet! It will quite literally pay for itself over time.

Good tips on the laser printer - might go that route when this HP inkjet gives out; in my estimation it will be soon since I just bought new inks (that's how it works for me - buy new inks, the printer breaks, so you buy a new one that uses the same cartridges - lather, rinse, repeat).

18. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

nice. as a buyer, great images bring me back to a seller. It implies a level of care and consistency that you don't get from the random seller.

19. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

20. capnwes

capnwes Senior member