Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. CarlG

CarlG Member

I am having the opposite problem with boxes. I ordered 2 cases of 2 different size boxes and the next day I received 20 cases of 2 different box sizes.

2. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Hah, that's a crazy ammount! 20 cases my goodness where r u going to store all those.

3. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

Ok, forgive my asking a question that I feel like has been asked a million times, but I wasn't paying close attention to the answers when it wasn't me. :embar:

Got my first item not received case opened. Shipped a pair of pants to Italy on 4/22, USPS tracking shows nothing after it left Chicago on 4/24, buyer in Italy says he never received it and opened a case. Should I respond, and how? I don't think I insured them, so if I have to end up eating it it's my own fault and not a huge deal, but I'd rather not have to refund him if I don't have to.

4. SeaJen

SeaJen Senior member

Brian provided excellent advice to me when I faced this a couple of weeks ago. Call eBay dispute center. If you uploaded tracking you met your obligations as a seller, so if the case gets escalated, you should win automatically, but a CSR will be able to tell you.

I was under the impression that you couldn't (or at least shouldn't) send tailored clothing into Italy, so if you completed the customs forms as clothing they may well have been intercepted. I dont know how that all works.

5. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

Paypal told me to call USPS; USPS says tracking isn't available for Priority International flate rate envelopes. Though the tracking number does show some info when I look it up, it just stops after processing at sort. Shouldn't the Ebay shipping label printing screen warn you if you select a method that doesn't include tracking?

:plain:

Last edited: May 29, 2013

6. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Yes, normal. I would add, if they offer a complimentary consultation call at a later date, DO IT. The call team always has abundant knowledge of features/ebay apps and gives sound advice for how to maximize your listings and get the biggest discounts and listing exposure. They will schedule the call around your schedule, even evenings. It usually only takes about 15 minutes or so.

7. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

I would much rather request a consultation rather than wait for the opportunity to arise. Possible?

8. stevent

stevent Senior member

Looks like I'm just going to order boxes again, none of the post offices near me ever have more than 2-3 of each type and it takes way too long to ask for some

9. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

10. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

If you have an Anchor Store you can, but you'd have to be selling big time to make an Anchor store worth your time. They always call after a Seller Update. Maybe 2 to 3 times a year.
    Ok, I know Brian is leading me into this one.....

Keep in mind I am shipping an average of 40 packages a week. Since switching to the free boxes from USPS and using primarily the Flat Rate A box, I am saving around $100 a week on shipping...including the cost (or lack thereof) of my original packaging. I use the Flat Rate A for almost all domestic shipping of Single Suits and Sport Coats. If I need to double up an order for multiple purchases, I just use my former packaging.

Thanks again Brian for adding $5200 to my annual bottom line!

11. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

12. SeaJen

SeaJen Senior member

My bad. I really just meant that you advised a call to the eBay resolution center for assistance, which I suspect is still good advice. I did not realize the options for international shipping though, so I'm left hoping that the one international package I sent without insurance using PM gets to its destination! I'm intrigued that PM with insurance is okay though. How would one prove that the package didnt arrive, for insurance purposes,if there is no tracking outside of the US?

13. UPick2

UPick2 Member

Getting ready to put up a few listing, what would you call these patterns?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. alexSF

alexSF Senior member

In Italy USPS First Class and Priority Flat Rate service aren't trackable and could take from 3 weeks to months to be delivered.

To Italy/Europe I suggest you next time to add Registered Mail options or to ship with Priority Parcel Service (code begin with C letter)
    Both very quick services.

15. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

THANK YOU, PTO.

That is all; carry on.