• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Besnard - Official Affiliate Thread

VictorBesnard

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
After providing some background information about our shirts and trousers, I also wanted to highlight our collection of accessories.

Neckwear
Our neckwear collection is produced in the South of Italy by a family-run company that has been making ties for more than 50 years. From the cutting to sewing the slip stitch, every step is done by hand.

3._Cutting_2.jpg

4._Pinning_2.jpg

5._Slip_stitch.jpg

The majority of our collection is made in a 3-fold construction, and we also carry some 7-fold ties. The blades are generally untipped and hand-rolled.

Besnard - Context - 20201017 - 51.JPG

Fabrics include Ancient Madder silk by Adamley, grenadine by Fermo Fossati, and worsted wool by Fox Brothers.

Showcase_Neckwear_1.jpg

Socks
Our socks are produced in Northern Italy by one of the finest sock manufacturers in the world. All socks are hand linked and each pair takes 12 manual steps to complete. Only the finest materials are used such as Egyptian cotton, Australian merino wool, and Himalayan cashmere.

Showcase_Socks_1.jpg

Last edited:

VictorBesnard

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sneak preview of the first arrivals of the Spring Summer collection

Chambray button down shirts

New Arrivals_Besnard.jpg

Crafted from lightweight Italian chambray, these shirts feature a generous button down collar, placket, chest pocket and a box pleat.

Available in our webshop in the next few days.

VictorBesnard

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sneak preview of spring summer neckwear

IMG_20220422_170232.jpg

Grenadine garza fina, grenadine garza fina, cotton silk and grenadine shantung

Available in our webshop next week

We also have some lovely printed ties coming in soon

VictorBesnard

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Jacket_LinenHoundstooth_Full_600x.jpg

After a year of development, it is with great pleasure that I introduce the first jacket in our new house cut.

Our house style is characterised by a full chest, soft extended shoulders, and a relatively wide lapel with a low gorge. One of the most distinctive features is the slanted dart running from armhole to pocket. A fit that is comfortable and flattering to all body types.

Cut from an open Irish linen cloth that is so sturdy and heavy that it almost feels like a summer tweed. A cloth that ages gracefully and softens over time.

You can view the jacket here, more pictures of the jacket on a model will follow.

Curious to hear your thoughts and questions.

Last edited:

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would love to see examples of how to match it with trousers. Also, what was the inspiration for jetted pockets?

Lastly, shoulder measurements aren't showing up!

Shetterd

Reaction score
Jacket_LinenHoundstooth_Full_1000x.jpg

After a year of development, it is with great pleasure that I introduce the first jacket in our new house cut.

Our house style is characterised by a full chest, soft extended shoulders, and a relatively wide lapel with a low gorge. One of the most distinctive features is the slanted dart running from armhole to pocket. A fit that is comfortable and flattering to all body types.

Cut from an open Irish linen cloth that is so sturdy and heavy that it almost feels like a summer tweed. A cloth that ages gracefully and softens over time.

You can view the jacket here, more pictures of the jacket on a model will follow.

Curious to hear your thoughts and questions.
A true two button with a low gorge and jetted pockets! That's feels like a pretty distinctive RTW offering these days!

VictorBesnard

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Would love to see examples of how to match it with trousers. Also, what was the inspiration for jetted pockets?

Lastly, shoulder measurements aren't showing up!

Thanks for pointing that out, shoulder measurements are now visible.

Italian suits and sport coats from the ’50s and ’60s are a tremendous source of inspiration. In particular, Florentine tailoring worn by Marcello Mastroianni. This houndstooth jacket was inspired by a jacket from the 1961 movie L'Assassino

tumblr_mowv19TTRB1rf1jvro1_1280.jpeg

VictorBesnard

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A true two button with a low gorge and jetted pockets! That's feels like a pretty distinctive RTW offering these days!

It’s actually a ‘three-roll-two’ jacket, but I noticed this is not visible in the pictures due to the lapel roll. I will make sure to mention this in the product description.

Shetterd

Reaction score
It’s actually a ‘three-roll-two’ jacket, but I noticed this is not visible in the pictures due to the lapel roll. I will make sure to mention this in the product description.
Ah! Sorry I missed this. Still think it's very different from a lot of other RTW out there. Are the sleeves finished?

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you deduct VAT for non-EU destinations? Doing so gets the price below the de minimis threshold for U.S. orders.

VictorBesnard

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ah! Sorry I missed this. Still think it's very different from a lot of other RTW out there. Are the sleeves finished?

The sleeves are left unfinished so they can be altered to the desired length

VictorBesnard

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Do you deduct VAT for non-EU destinations? Doing so gets the price below the de minimis threshold for U.S. orders.

Orders shipped to countries outside the European Union, are excluded from VAT.

However, if you're location is set to the US, the price is (probably) already shown excluding VAT.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads