• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Android phone recommendations/discussion?

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CDFS
(HTC Desire HD) I'll try and post some pics soon.
again low light conditions Corner
2609f9b2.jpg
Aquaduct at sundown 1
0113a1bc.jpg
Aquaduct at sundown 2
0da5599f.jpg
Suburban hell meets the Ice Capades
fdf0c205.jpg

Althis

Reaction score
I'm running an early source build of Gingerbread right now, not everything is working yet but it's still pretty awesome.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Althis
I'm running an early source build of Gingerbread right now, not everything is working yet but it's still pretty awesome.
What do you think is improved from Froyo?

Althis

Reaction score
Not everything is working so far, what I have is basically a clean install of the basic software with mostly everything. It's definitely faster than froyo, less clutter, more intuitive, more logical layout, stock launcher and theme is wayyy cool, but I think it's too early to really give a good review. I'm just testing it right now, and since it's not an official release from HTC, I can't really compare.

But I'm loving it so far. Also, I just installed it about 45 min ago.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
handled an Aria in a store yesterday...I really like the size and feel of it.

Prices on contract were low ($100 at costco but under $30 at Target) but my contract isn't up until the summer...

Hopefully there is a good option in a similar form factor available in the future (and not everyone has decided to switch to huge-ass phones).

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a recomendation for a browser for my android, specifically for posting on SF and/or vbulletin boards.

Currently I use Dolphin which is great for looking but lacks for posting*. Of course this may not be an altogether bad thing.

*One can not look at what you post during typing, which makes me have to correct text frequently.

Posted from my laptop.

Albern

Reaction score
Anyone have a recomendation for a browser for my android, specifically for posting on SF and/or vbulletin boards. Currently I use Dolphin which is great for looking but lacks for posting*. Of course this may not be an altogether bad thing. *One can not look at what you post during typing, which makes me have to correct text frequently. Posted from my laptop.
What about Miren browser? It has true tabs and works quite well for me. I tried Dolphin before I moved to Miren but can't remember why I didn't like it.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
*One can not look at what you post during typing, which makes me have to correct text frequently.

uh... I don't seem to have the same problem with Dolphin. I can see what I'm typing.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Albern
What about Miren browser? It has true tabs and works quite well for me.

I tried Dolphin before I moved to Miren but can't remember why I didn't like it.

I'll try it out, thanks.

Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
uh... I don't seem to have the same problem with Dolphin. I can see what I'm typing.

During typing or after dismissing the keyboard?

Oh, by the way, since posting I found out I can see the text when the phone is held vertically (non landscape mode).

I'll try Miren anyway.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just made my first forum post with Miren and it's much better with typing and scrolling within the post. Thank you, Albern.
smile.gif
I also like that I can easily lock screen mode and that tabbed browsing takes one step less than I've been able to get with Dolphin up to now. Maybe I could have improved on that with some tweaking.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'll try it out, thanks. During typing or after dismissing the keyboard?
During typing. Landscape or portrait. Of course, in landscape mode, I can only see about four lines of what I type at a time. But it helps to keep one concise.
smile.gif
I can dismiss the keyboard, read the whole of my text, and then recall the keyboard if I need to change though.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
During typing.
Landscape or portrait.

Of course, in landscape mode, I can only see about four lines of what I type at a time.
But it helps to keep one concise.
smile.gif

I can dismiss the keyboard, read the whole of my text, and then recall the keyboard if I need to change though.

For some reason I no longer have the same problem I had before. I must (have) be(en) a complete n00b.

Still, after trying the Miren browser for a couple of minutes, I still like it a bit better I think. Especially the tabbing and easy lock of screen.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
For some reason I no longer have the same problem I had before. I must (have) be(en) a complete n00b.

Still, after trying the Miren browser for a couple of minutes, I still like it a bit better I think. Especially the tabbing and easy lock of screen.

Hmm. Cool. I'll check it out too.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just dropped it from a meter high on a wooden floor and now I have a backlit black screen.

Is true. :Flabbergasted by own stupidity and HTC build quality:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchaslimprix